How Do You Respond To c00ns Who Say, ‘Africans Sold Their Own People Into Slavery’?

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Exactly, they come to this country and benefit from being in the "African American" category and fly their national flags all while setting boundaries around their culture.

Yet get mad when we do the same :bryan:

Dude really tried to pretend that Africans don't benefit from Affirmative Action:bryan:

Again either assimilate and drop all of that anti-blackness that most immigrants of all races have against Black Americans or separate from us and our identity.
Many don’t show any compassion either. I told breh I was hurt, but just like the vid I posted, I notice they finagle out of the topic. The woman in the vid, literally laughs and brags that in Guyana she gets free health care and education, as says our issues aren’t her problem, but gets mad when they say FBA should vote them out at this point. It’s like many of them don’t want to be associated with us, unless it’s in their favor whereas for some reason we be tryna get everybody a piece of pie. That’s how it goes it seems 😞

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Read Basil Davidson about the Ottoman slave trade. The biggest traffickers of White Europeans were the White traders of Genoa. The pope even put the city under interdict to make them stop. Should the White people who were enslaved not be mad at the Turks and blame the Italians?

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
the panthers are not around because they fell for PROPOGANDA....
and not being able to trust each other things got spooky....
same ol same ol divide and conquer

THE SAME shyt YOU DOING RIGHT NOW
are you not ashamed?

Gangs get more support that is why they are still around. How can we fix issue if we are in denial about culture?

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Read Basil Davidson about the Ottoman slave trade. The biggest traffickers of White Europeans were the White traders of Genoa. The pope even put the city under interdict to make them stop. Should the White people who were enslaved not be mad at the Turks and blame the Italians?
They’ve been made whole, so no, sorry .

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
The whole africans sold africans is just another hoax....it is overblown because europeans dont like taking responsibility.....they like to underplay their involvement in slave history even though they were the ones who profitted the most.
I guess these Nigerians are just lying, then....​

Glorious

All Star
Daps
Africans(hamites) didn’t sell other Africans. They sold Israelites(“black” people) to the white man (Esau). If you do your research you’ll see the Israelites of the Bible are black people that are scattered all over the earth.
:ehh:
This is why it doesn't pay to judge a book by its cover.

Ake1725

All Star
Daps
He was openly a slave in his own area breh cause it was their culture to dis he had to be saved by the UN cause no one else though of it as "wrong":stopitslime:

Like Child marriages may be illegal in parts of Africa but many cultures do it anyway cause they been practicing it for generations that's wat its getting at
Was it in Mauritania or North Africa

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
These kinds of arguments always neglect to include the way the European and American slave trade systems led to the creation of codified racial categories that became law. The invention of race by % of Black blood. And they always conveniently forget to add that this particular brand of slavery led to the subjugation of Black people through the creation of a racial caste system that continues to this day. Africans could not fathom the kind of wickedness White man's slavery would entail, so yeah they sold Black people into bondage, but they really had no clue how evil this particular brand of slavery would be because it was so distinctly different and cruel from previous iterations of slavery.
White people are edomites/amalakites. There kingdoms will be destroyed soon. The bible says Esau is the end of the world and Jacob is the beginning of the world after.
Who has destroyed the earth with chemicals, radiation, GMo, revolving door healthcare, and wants to enslave humanity with vaccine id’s, microchips, and synthetic meat under the guise of “climate change”? They’ve even contaminated many water sources and Lie and say they improved the world, when ppl were fine without them.

5thbornpowerseed

All Star
Daps
Never said that it wasn't about that, and I explained examples of why this needs to be contextualized. That one group of black people were at war with the other group of black people, they were enemies, and some of those that were sold left families behind, so "black people selling other black people to Europeans" does need nuance because many carry this narrative to demonize every African back home. There were many instances of tribes fighting these Europeans as well, but we don't talk about that as much. But I digress.

And the concept of black and white didn't even exist like that at the time anyway, as @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited said.

I think that the justifications or nuances only serve those expressing them...as well as project an air of a lack of empathy between those wronged and those who have wronged...

shyt is like a slap in the face...
Because what your really saying is, "your ancestors were our enemies. We killed some and sold the rest to the white man, and we dont really feel sorry about that"

And if thats not your intent, understand thats the way its being recieved...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The invention Africans could not fathom the kind of wickedness White man's slavery would entail, so yeah they sold Black people into bondage, but they really had no clue how evil this particular brand of slavery would be because it was so distinctly different and cruel from previous iterations of slavery.
Y’all gotta stop with this bullshyt :dead:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Apologists for the African slave trade long argued that European traders did not enslave anyone: they simply purchased Africans who had already been enslaved and who otherwise would have been put to death. Thus, apologists claimed, the slave trade actually saved lives. Such claims represent a gross distortion of the facts. Some independent slave merchants did in fact stage raids on unprotected African villages and kidnap and enslave Africans. Most professional slave traders, however, set up bases along the west African coast where they purchased slaves from Africans in exchange for firearms and other goods. Before the end of the seventeenth century, England, France, Denmark, Holland, and Portugal had all established slave trading posts on the west African coast.

Yet to simply say that Europeans purchased people who had already been enslaved seriously distorts historical reality. While there had been a slave trade within Africa prior to the arrival of Europeans, the massive European demand for slaves and the introduction of firearms radically transformed west and central African society. A growing number of Africans were enslaved for petty debts or minor criminal or religious offenses or following unprovoked raids on unprotected villages. An increasing number of religious wars broke out with the goal of capturing slaves. European weapons made it easier to capture slaves.

-

According to historian R. Halliburton Jr.:
There were approximately 319,599 free blacks in the United States in 1830. Approximately 13.7 per cent of the total black population was free. A significant number of these free blacks were the owners of slaves. The census of 1830 lists 3,775 free Negroes who owned a total of 12,760 slaves.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think that the justifications or nuances only serve those expressing them...as well as project an air of a lack of empathy between those wronged and those who have wronged...

shyt is like a slap in the face...
Because what your really saying is, "your ancestors were our enemies. We killed some and sold the rest to the white man, and we dont really feel sorry about that"

And if thats not your intent, understand thats the way its being recieved...

See, you already have your mind made up, this proving my point. You took one statement I made and used it for your own narrative that you already have drawn up. My ancestors didn't even directly participate in the slave trade on my father's side, and some of my ancestors on my mother's side are from Virginia before they went back home. So, with all due respect, this is the last response you're getting from me. Take care.