How do you feel about your dad?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
33cav01.png

My dad knows I'm trynna have me a stable.

I got a down ass white boy.
Just added a Blasian a few weeks ago.
I got a Guatemalan down for me.
And recently called him to tell him that Hatian has been added to the mix.

My dad is my best friend and he's the one I call for advice on these nikkas out here.

He know his cute ass baby girl a playa
:blessed:

i dont know which father condones their daughter being a playa (whore) :dame:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I feared him when I was little.

I hated him when I was younger.

Now I do my best not to interact with him unless I absolutely have to as an adult.

Calling him a bad father would lump him into the ranks with molesters and abusers and he never did that...so I'll just call him an ineffective parent who got lucky by impregnating a wonderful woman such as my mom's.

I could have gotten worse and even though I'm back at home at the moment, we don't really talk save for special occasions and I've often heard the grumblings through my brother or mom about him talking about certain shyt I do or don't do that he has problems with, but eh.

I don't yearn for his affection, I don't seek out his attention and I don't care much improve what cordial relationship we have at this moment.

He's just there, sorta. I've learned to let go my hate for him and I hope my brother does the same since he's just now getting out from under his thumb like I was.

My gift of gab and verbal anger comes from him but I pride myself on not being as uneducated, irrational or ignorant as he is on most things. I've made a promise to myself that if I ever have kids I'll be everything he wasn't so that they'd never feel how I feel about him growing up until now.

He's alright, I guess. Just a flawed human being that sucks a good deal at being an effective parent. You can't just discipline and deride a kid and expect him to excellence when you've done little to nothing to facilitate or encourage that growth you expect. FOH.

Now that I'm older and we don't butt heads as much, I guess I can appreciate him for being with my mom and helping her out however he does, I dunno. I still get pangs of annoyance when I hear him talking loudly with his stupid opinions, however but...I'm aight. He's aight. God bless my mom's.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
My Father was far from perfect - but he was perfect for me.

He was the first example I ever had to show me what it meant to be a man, for all the good and bad stuff
that comes with it. I always respected and appreciated him, but as I continue to grow I love more now that I am grown myself
and (1) I can peep the game he laced me with, and (2) it seems he sees me as an autonomous adult
whom he respects.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
33cav01.png

My dad is my best friend and he's the one I call for advice on these nikkas out here.

And for the record, you ain't say nothing about opening ur legs.:sas1:

That's one of the reasons I love my dad so much. He taught me the game early on. I don't get played, which is why I can love men to death.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
33cav01.png

The hell :huhldup:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
That vid had me thinking of the younger iceberg.

Born in Detroit, dad was fukking another broad the night of my birth.
He went to my mom to ask her not report him as being the father so he didn't have to pay child support.
Mom only did this one time. He only paid $100 a month for my entire 18 years.
Came around here and there while I still lived in the city.
Moved to Indiana because mom got better employment, mom never held me back from him. I'd call him but he ever reached out to me a lot.
Grew into excelling at sports, hated watching kids at the playground with their dad/older brother/male figure because I was alone.
Reached out to him after the birth of all my kids.
My twins when I was 20, he was on bullshyt so that never went anywhere.
My youngest daughter when I was 27, he came to Indiana twice to visit, both time with different women. Told him that this shyt isn't good for my girls to see.
Last when my son was born in July 2014.
From there, its been better than it's ever been, but it is still is what it is. He's come a few times to the spot, spent the night and shyt but I've made peace with it.
I don't know if he reflects on things but I'm the father to my kids that I wished he would have been to me. He knows our relationship so he can't even begin to fix his mouth to say he was around, he wasn't. I told him this last time that me calling isn't for me, it's for my son. My mom was mom and dad to me and she'll be grandma and grandpa to him. He has a right to know who his biological grandfather is, it's up to you to walk through that door to want to be one. The jury is still out on that but I can now hold a convo with him and not want to have flashbacks and break his fukking neck.
As it stands right now, the relationship has a pleasant tone. I do wonder if he lives with regrets though. A parent takes pride in putting in the work that instills the values to be a productive member of society. As he was down here in the mancave one time, he was looking at my MBA degree on the wall, reading recommendations from people as I was going through a job search at that time, how well my kids are taken care of. He knows deep down, when he sees me, he sees my mom. Make no mistake about it, I'm 100% her.

On the inverse, I have an awesome fukking stepfather that took me and after I grew up, my kids, as his own.