How do you feel about your dad?

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Crazy how this man was/is GREAT at damn near everything he set out to do. Still get cats in their 40's and 50's coming up to me in random places asking about him and how his words and actions changed their lives. Bruh been there since day one for our family surviving all types of ill shyt where he could have BEEN dead, the real life Unbreakable. Done lived to enjoy retirement, out here still running 6 miles a day, still reppin 225 at 62 years old lookin like he 40, that's my muthafukkin bruh right there.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
He told me not to. He said men don't respect women that sleep around so if you're gonna do it..keep your shyt to yourself. He told me not even to tell my homegirls. Picture a father telling his 13 yo daughter that game. So many fathers tell their daughters some unrealistic bullshyt of 'Don't have sex...EVER!'. My dad is a realist and the reason why I can count how many nikkas I've slept with on one hand but can't count how many nikkas pockets I've ran through.

He told me to my face don't let my cuteness go to waste.
Lmao! Yeah my dad real as hell too!
He told me "they will wanna fukk you". They're not evil for having needs. Every man want as much p*ssy as he can get. As a matter of fact, I saw this one the other day...(DAD! Focus! Lmao!!!)" "bu-but yeah, just cause they want to, don't mean you got to!" "You shouldn't feel pressured to do shyt you don't want to! Some won't like it but fukk dey feelings. If they too stupid to wait on a good thing, you don't want that one anyway. The right one will come by and he'll love u and be willing to give his life for you. Anything less u don't fukk with. They not true."

I've lived my dating life by my dad's words. No stds, no OOW babies, no bitterness man hate heartbreak stories. I don't fukk with clowns. I've had nothing but positive experiences with men. I hope it stays that way. Hell I owe who I am to the men in my life. Wouldn't be here w/o em.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
:mjcry: damn. I ain't really cool with my pops bc he was always on some fukk shyt growing up. But he made sure bills were paid ect. He's a great grandfather now though so I ain't even tripping. I just try to out do that nikka in every aspect of life though. I low key think that has breh spiteful too. I respect and got love for him but we ain't never having no relationship. He's has fukk nikka tendencies I can't rock with. Sorta crazy too bc my grandfather was a polished ass nikka.( Pause )

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Haven't spoken in 15 years.

I left home with nothing; no money, no support, NOTHING. No bullshyt.

I HOPE and PRAY I don't have my father's bad traits (super serious, beatings and violence towards me, my brother and my mother) when I have kids otherwise I will be worse than him

:mjcry:

you'll be a good man. No worries.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Damn these stories :mjcry:

My dad is my hero. He is the patriarch of the family. He grew up dirt poor but went into the air force and then put himself through college. Got a decent government job and retired at 55. We talk all the time and he gives me great advice. He always stressed education and making smart financial decisions. I love that man :salute:

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
When I was 2, he beat down my Mom (she was 19 at the time). Then left me, her, and my older brother (one year older the me) stranded in Frisco. We lived couch to couch, while she stacked money by winning little singing competitions or just collecting tips at different Bay area bars (she had to bring us there with her too, no choice). She used that little cash to Greyhound / Amtrack us down here to SD.
Fast forward 6 years. The 80's bar life caught up with my mom, and she got caught up selling coke while bartending (I respect her grind..trying to feed us). Next thing you know, my "Dad" is awarded custody of us.
Me and big bro only lasted with him for 3 months. We were human punching Bags to him, and the beatings were so common that I wouldn't cry anymore. For example, Dude would even upgrade weapons, and use a big old school leather weightlifting belt instead of a regular belt. My 1st grade teacher noticed all the bruises and welts on my face and body. Sends me to the nurses office, and my bro is already in there when I enter (his teacher saw welts on his forehead). 30 mins later, social services takes us to an all boys shelter home.
3 foster homes later, Mom gets out and gets us back. Dude never showed face again.

But :salute:to my stepdad tho. He wifed up my mom when she didn't have shyt but 2 kids and a criminal record. Till this day, He's worked "2" full time jobs so my mom never had to work a day in her life. He's been my step pops for 25 years now. We currently chop it up on the daily. He's taught me alot on life, and he's the reason why I never complain about my 8hr job being difficult.

My biological dad showed me how "not" to be a father. Don't miss him at all.

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
he went and had a real family and kid so i wasnt really needed anymore:manny: oh and another kid,and i think another
he's apologized multiple times but we dont really have a relationship, he calls, i dont pick up, he texts, i respond im fine. i did see him at my cousins graduation last month

everyone said the lessons they lerned, i learned men will always leave

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
My father is a great lecturer. He was the person that was the man in our town. The only African-American with a business in my city. He would go up to the church and he was my first Obama. When he spoke everyone stopped and listened. And when I didn't achieve he would discipline me, more than enough times. I love him, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have been as ambitious as I have been and I most definitely wouldn't Envision the world being the way it is without him. I love you father.
-Son

InDePickWest

Im Not American
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Look at the last smiley he sent you. He's dissapointed his daughters a whore. He's probably offing himself right now.
Or at morning service sending me bits and peices of the sermon from his favorite preacher.

Today is about forgiveness :blessed: