How do you feel about your dad?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
In de pick west was a wild girl. We used to have so many girls on here. Most of them married or bitter they ain't married now

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Man I love my dad :blessed:

I didn’t understand why he was so tough on me growing up, but them lessons have saved my life numerous times.

“Just because you can don’t mean you should”

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Greatest man to walk this earth. My father is a hero to many men women and children. He is not a rich man but he has cared for many and his name rings bells where he is from.

Big shoes to fill. A selfless man and the greatest entrepreneur I've ever known. He reinvented himself like he had 4 lifetimes in 1. Went from being homeless to the C.E.O. of a company.

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
While I hate what he did to My Mom in the past(before I was Born and even while I was Young)and when they Divorced and He left,he was still there for me,Spent time with Him and he would also get the things when Mom couldnt plus taught me the Life Things(The Day we Drank Seagrams Gin together at 36 will always be our best Life Moment) along wit My Mother and he shoots me Cash for His Grandson so I will always Love Him Then Now and Forever at the End of the Day...He'll be 77 in Jan and I hope to see him in Panama in Dec '24

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
my dad left when i was around 2 weeks old. he got my paypal info from my mom and sent me some money for christmas

i sent it back :russ:

:camby:

he could just give me a call but nah

its whatever tho. im a grown ass man :yeshrug:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I love my dad , but I dislike that he's so overprotective .

If it was up to him, I would live under his roof for the rest of my life .

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
My biological...I don't. Actually...I'm bitter. I wish I could have a conversation with him to see how he could not even want to even know his own son.

Stepfather, miss him everyday. He died in 1999 at 52. Especially in uncertain times like the last 15 years.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
He's someone who probably should have never had a family, he never had much interest in raising kids or providing for a family. He was absent for large parts of my life one way or another, and is severely self involved. He's a person without ambition, and without fortitude, without much confidence. The kind of person who is content to be privileged to some small degree, and that's it. Fumbled career after career because he thought he was above working.

it's been a struggle for me to forgive and accept all that, and realize he will never be the kind of Dad that I probably needed, but I can still have a relationship with him.

the best thing I heard that made me think was someone said if your Dad was actually handicapped, like in a wheelchair, or whatever, you would understand that he can't walk. And that would be easy. But since it's not physical, it's harder to accept.

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
That vid had me thinking of the younger iceberg.

Born in Detroit, dad was fukking another broad the night of my birth.
He went to my mom to ask her not report him as being the father so he didn't have to pay child support.
Mom only did this one time. He only paid $100 a month for my entire 18 years.
Came around here and there while I still lived in the city.
Moved to Indiana because mom got better employment, mom never held me back from him. I'd call him but he ever reached out to me a lot.
Grew into excelling at sports, hated watching kids at the playground with their dad/older brother/male figure because I was alone.
Reached out to him after the birth of all my kids.
My twins when I was 20, he was on bullshyt so that never went anywhere.
My youngest daughter when I was 27, he came to Indiana twice to visit, both time with different women. Told him that this shyt isn't good for my girls to see.
Last when my son was born in July 2014.
From there, its been better than it's ever been, but it is still is what it is. He's come a few times to the spot, spent the night and shyt but I've made peace with it.
I don't know if he reflects on things but I'm the father to my kids that I wished he would have been to me. He knows our relationship so he can't even begin to fix his mouth to say he was around, he wasn't. I told him this last time that me calling isn't for me, it's for my son. My mom was mom and dad to me and she'll be grandma and grandpa to him. He has a right to know who his biological grandfather is, it's up to you to walk through that door to want to be one. The jury is still out on that but I can now hold a convo with him and not want to have flashbacks and break his fukking neck.
As it stands right now, the relationship has a pleasant tone. I do wonder if he lives with regrets though. A parent takes pride in putting in the work that instills the values to be a productive member of society. As he was down here in the mancave one time, he was looking at my MBA degree on the wall, reading recommendations from people as I was going through a job search at that time, how well my kids are taken care of. He knows deep down, when he sees me, he sees my mom. Make no mistake about it, I'm 100% her.

On the inverse, I have an awesome fukking stepfather that took me and after I grew up, my kids, as his own.

Randomly came across this looking at older posts of mine. He and I are on the outs again. Over shyt he couldn't let go. I'm a grown ass man, I'm not a kid. bytching about shyt like not having his pictures on our walls or coming to visit him. ( I live in Indiana, he's in Ohio). He wrote me a 7 page letter like 3 years, complaining about me, my mom, etc. I didn't read it, my wife did. I'm not about to read that nikka's sob story. We are men, or supposed to be, you have my number, call me. Until then, I don't have shyt to say. No illwill but it's hard to miss something that has never really been there to begin with.