How do you feel about your dad?

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
:merchant: Geez didn't realize. Sometimes u forget people goin thru some real drama.
I love my dad. He stuck it out in a house of 3 women and is one of the strongest people I know with an indomitable spirit. He's been married to my mom for 44 years and has been out rock forever. I owe much of who I am to him. He's not perfect...:usure: But the love I have for men started with dad.

I refuse to have children if there isn't a father around to raise them.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Pretty indifferent.

We don't really have a relationship.......He comes by twice a year to give me a christmas gift and a birthday present. That's been the extent of our relationship forever.

I always felt this Lupe Fiasco record.........My mom loved to call my father and tell him how much he should be there........For me I'm just wired a little differently which is why I'm indifferent. I'm an introvert and the presence or absence of most people doesn't really bother me. My dad was never around after they my mom and my dad got divorced so that was normal to me despite the fact that he lived 15 minutes away.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Your 8 brothers lost. Try encouraging your daughter to be community p*ssy in Mogadishu. I assure you in my hood in Sudan, your dad would be food. fukk you know about East Africa anyway ho.

I'm saying :mjlol:, NO WHERE in africa is this type sket behaviour allowed to run

can we ban this sharmuuta please, all her posts make me legit cringe:scust:

calling people jareer when her dad isn't even east african, by definition you're insulting your father:heh:

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
*subs*

I can at least internet-psychoanalyze some of you "text on my screen" fakkits from this thread and quote you if you try get brazy in future

ChiefQueen

HBIC
Daps
When I was 2, he beat down my Mom (she was 19 at the time). Then left me, her, and my older brother (one year older the me) stranded in Frisco. We lived couch to couch, while she stacked money by winning little singing competitions or just collecting tips at different Bay area bars (she had to bring us there with her too, no choice). She used that little cash to Greyhound / Amtrack us down here to SD.
Fast forward 6 years. The 80's bar life caught up with my mom, and she got caught up selling coke while bartending (I respect her grind..trying to feed us). Next thing you know, my "Dad" is awarded custody of us.
Me and big bro only lasted with him for 3 months. We were human punching Bags to him, and the beatings were so common that I wouldn't cry anymore. For example, Dude would even upgrade weapons, and use a big old school leather weightlifting belt instead of a regular belt. My 1st grade teacher noticed all the bruises and welts on my face and body. Sends me to the nurses office, and my bro is already in there when I enter (his teacher saw welts on his forehead). 30 mins later, social services takes us to an all boys shelter home.
3 foster homes later, Mom gets out and gets us back. Dude never showed face again.

But :salute:to my stepdad tho. He wifed up my mom when she didn't have shyt but 2 kids and a criminal record. Till this day, He's worked "2" full time jobs so my mom never had to work a day in her life. He's been my step pops for 25 years now. We currently chop it up on the daily. He's taught me alot on life, and he's the reason why I never complain about my 8hr job being difficult.

My biological dad showed me how "not" to be a father. Don't miss him at all.

...Im sorry to hear what you went through but I have a question. What is up with these Black fathers beating on their wives and children? You guys were babies what could you and your brother have possibly done to get him so angry? :mindblown:

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was there financially until I was about 14 then I never asked for a dime from him again. Would argue with my mom because she was going to school to better her life and ours and he was stuck at a deadend job. My mom went on to get her RN and he stopped paying any bill because he wanted her to pay them all smh. We use to get into it all the time once I got a little older for the way he treated my mom. I love him because he's my pops, but he showed me more about how not to be a father and husband than how to be one. Definitely wanna be better than he was to my family when I get blessed with one.

My mom tho...that's my rock:mjcry: don't know where I'd be without her. Anything she wants I try my hardest to make it happen if I can because she worked so hard raising my sisters and myself. Plus dealing with all the bs my pops put her thru. She's a strong woman:wow: