How do you feel about your dad?

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I miss my dad sooooooooooo much!!!!!!!! :mjcry:My stepdad's been in my life since I was little girl until he passed 4 years ago.

My biological dad didn't want my ass at all :lolbron:...............Unfortunately he passed when I was 17. :sadcam:Saw him only 3 times in my life and the 3rd time I saw him was in his casket. I don't know too much about that side of the family except that I have Creole ancestry and they're heavy French speakers. I haven't learned the language yet and when mama and I run into folks that knew me as a little girl and they try to speak it to me, they giggle :mjcry:.

larryshogunz

Southside...
Daps
...Im sorry to hear what you went through but I have a question. What is up with these Black fathers beating on their wives and children? You guys were babies what could you and your brother have possibly done to get him so angry? :mindblown:

shyt does suck, but beating kids back then used to be the norm. Discipline was legit in the 80's. My Pops just took it too far. I'm more scarred for life by my mom getting beat.

If I were to ever see him (which I doubt since I'm 34), I'll take his jaw. But that's the old me talking. Right now, I have a great life and 4 kids. Kids, that he'll never see or know. Kids, that don't know who is. And I think him living with that guilt, hurts him more then me knocking his block off.

larryshogunz

Southside...
Daps
Was there financially until I was about 14 then I never asked for a dime from him again. Would argue with my mom because she was going to school to better her life and ours and he was stuck at a deadend job. My mom went on to get her RN and he stopped paying any bill because he wanted her to pay them all smh. We use to get into it all the time once I got a little older for the way he treated my mom. I love him because he's my pops, but he showed me more about how not to be a father and husband than how to be one. Definitely wanna be better than he was to my family when I get blessed with one.

My mom tho...that's my rock:mjcry: don't know where I'd be without her. Anything she wants I try my hardest to make it happen if I can because she worked so hard raising my sisters and myself. Plus dealing with all the bs my pops put her thru. She's a strong woman:wow:
:salute:to this. I had the same feeling when I was writting how I felt bout my pops. Caught myself thinking more and more of how my mom is the real champ.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
We weren't always on the best of terms but my college graduation was the final straw.

Got back in touch with him after not speaking for a few years, and my college graduation was coming up and he knew a suit guy. A gay Asian man with walls full of suits, as my mom described. I called him everyday when I got home from work to see the suits and set up a fitting and he never answered back. After two weeks of calling I said fukk it and saved up and bought my own suit.

He's a fukk nikka. :stopitslime:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
My dad came up hard and dirt poor with some a$$hole family members. He was an a$$hole when I was a kid, but getting older and learning about how he came up I understand it now. To this day, we all basically act like my mom's family is 'relations' and my dad's side is folks you're polite to but don't fukk with. We don't even go to my dad's family reunions :merchant:

But, I got to say he put me and sis on the right path.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
my dad lost his arm, so i think that killed his will/drive to live. he's in his early 60s i can already tell he ready to leave this planet, the only thing stopping him is for me to get my shyt together :wow:

i think he lowkey mad at the world for what happen to him in the past because he shut himself off from my mom but they still live under the same roof and sleep in the same bed. for some reason he decided to stop paying mortgage which was the icing on the cake

:yeshrug: no clue what do now because we really never had a relationship like that growing up even though he was around all the time

he's wise beyond his years ill give him that but he needs to chill with the old man stubbornness