How did this weave culture become so great among black women?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
:gucci:I really cannot understand why so many of you nikkas are so hung up on weaves

Like, this shyt really baffles me.

You have nothing else to worry about?? You gotta constantly be talking about what a female chooses to put in her hair like some kinda armchair hair stylist or some shyt??

If you don't like weaves then don't mess with anyone who wears weaves. Why are these threads necessary?? These days I see more "grown men" talking about weave than I do females smh

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
I made a bet with my sister. I’m actually growing my hair out again, I will not dread it like last time. Im truly curious to see what is so hard about this shyt. 1 1/2 months in and I already have more hair than these 2 girls at my job who have decided to go bald and restart, which is a dam shame. Think I’ll go 1-2 years of natural hair, twist and fros. Then dread it again. Pretty simple shyt, sleep with satin or silk head wrap at night. Moisturize 3-4 tines a week, wash and condition 2 times a week and deep condition on Sunday. Keep hair in twist. Doesn’t seem that hard to me.
It’s not as hard for you cause ur basically doing the same shyt to ur hair everyday. We women like to switch it up, we like diffrent styles and try new things to our hair . I don’t get what’s so hard so to understand. Even those who have wdreads and locs like to color and style their hair. For us sometimes our hair is like an accessory. It’s not for y’all to understand just don’t women with the kind of hair y’all don’t like :yeshrug:

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
"I know back then I had never even heard of natural hair weaves. But we have way more choices and varieties now. I just think it’s gonna take a while for more of us to embrace our textures and be comfortable with it. A lot of us are still self-conscious about how our hair and texture is perceived. A lot of the points that were made in here about why some of us wear straight weaves were right, but a lot of it does have to do with self hate. I wouldn’t say it’s c00ning tho. Some black woman legit think that their hair is ugly. It’s what we were taught. It’s not easy to just unthink it." - My Natural GOAT MoonGoddess

Bleaching is c00ning, double eye lid is c00ning, how come bone straight weaves aren't?
LOL one of my more articulate times. I was reading that agreeing like wow she makes so much sense then realized it wrote it :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
Dirty Souf
No they don't if they did you would see it marketed to them in stores.
:wtf:

I swear y'all love to tear down black women, why tf would yall (guys) worry about girls wearing weaves and lacefronts?:gucci:
And there's dumbasses in here saying white and spanish women dont wear weaves/extensions lmaoo yes they do:skip::dahell:
Alot of us cant pull off natural hair and plus weaves and lacefronts allow us to try out different styles without altering and damaging our real hair.:what:
Also natural hair is alot of maintanence and time, and weaves allow us to have our hair braided underneath so it'll still be protected and grow healthier while we can wear any styles we want without our real hair getting damaged.:gucci:
Also black hair comes in a variety of textures, I know girls and guys with natural hair as loose as 2b, mine is a 3b naturally but I relax my hair:manny:
I also recently cut my hair very short (4 inches from 10+) into a short undercut pixie style and if i'm in the mood, I can have wavy hair 14+ inches tommorow (Thanks to weave):umad:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

I swear y'all love to tear down black women, why tf would yall (guys) worry about girls wearing weaves and lacefronts?:gucci:
And there's dumbasses in here saying white and spanish women dont wear weaves/extensions lmaoo yes they do:skip::dahell:
Alot of us cant pull off natural hair and plus weaves and lacefronts allow us to try out different styles without altering and damaging our real hair.:what:
Also natural hair is alot of maintanence and time, and weaves allow us to have our hair braided underneath so it'll still be protected and grow healthier while we can wear any styles we want without our real hair getting damaged.:gucci:
Also black hair comes in a variety of textures, I know girls and guys with natural hair as loose as 2b, mine is a 3b naturally but I relax my hair:manny:
I also recently cut my hair very short (4 inches from 10+) into a short undercut pixie style and if i'm in the mood, I can have wavy hair 14+ inches tommorow (Thanks to weave):umad:

lol

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
It’s not as hard for you cause ur basically doing the same shyt to ur hair everyday. We women like to switch it up, we like diffrent styles and try new things to our hair . I don’t get what’s so hard so to understand. Even those who have wdreads and locs like to color and style their hair. For us sometimes our hair is like an accessory. It’s not for y’all to understand just don’t women with the kind of hair y’all don’t like :yeshrug:
Ok lol.
Christina Milian has a weave in your avatar.

Lmao

So is your man allowed to wear fake watches and designer?