How did this weave culture become so great among black women?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I swear to God i think weaves is the stupidest thing ever...like y dont black women just grow their natural hair and rock dreadlocks or some other not to difficult to manage hairstyle? Some things in this world i will never fukking understand

1. The same way White women did.

2. Imma tell you something and you do whatever you want with it in your life:
Don't ever ever ever say anything about a Woman's hair unless you are asked
about it.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't care what a chick put on her body . . It's her body . ..I am concerned about make up, it's on wakanda levels of technology years ahead of anything humans could comprehend it can turn a goblin into a princess and a rat into a majestic panther it's that powerful . . . . It's so powerful the people that wear it become totally different people after applying just a few dabs of this concoction.

Still it's your body like I said . . .but if you look like a different person once the mask comes off that's fraud :russ:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
It began when real human hair weave (indian and Brazilian) took off.

The brain washing and the desire to subscribe the the western standard of beauty merely fueled the growth.
It will only die down when black men collectively start demanding fhe mkre natural look.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Earlier days, black people integration with white people and their culture meant resembling them. Black woman resorted to wearing weaves to be looked at in society has white woman.
The trend just has become passed down over and over and is now of a mental destructive behavior being passed down than anything else.

For me I refuse to ever lay with or be in any long term connection with a woman who does not see the problem with it and made it very vocal to my girlfriend when we started getting serious that her natural hair was enough, you don't need to put on anything else to appease anybody else. If I have a daughter one day, the last thing she will feel the need to do is put something on her head that isn't hers. Black woman might want to continue avoiding the conversation but it's mentally ingrained in those little girls that something is not right about them, I will never partake in that bullshyt.

Lazy woman with all the excuses in the world :scust: Some of y'all will give these woman children too

Last edited:

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well, black women - like any other women. Believe it or not, black women like to also...wait for it... change up their look sometimes! -gasps- :ohhh:

Shocking isnt it? If i want to wear my hair a different color one day without damaging my actual hair with a dofferent hairstyle, im getting weave/extensions, whatever people want to call it nowdays. Im not dying my real hair. shyt, if we women did that everytime we wanted a different color, we'd be bald.

Or if we just want a different hairstyle without commitment..well, theres weave/hair extensions for that. Weave has came a long way. You can get them in any hair texture, including natural hair/kinky textures.

So I dont get whats really the problem with weaves. But then again, I'm a chick and i only hear this type of stuff only online so :manny:

Im just a chick offerring a female perspective. :hubie:

Daps
I don't care what a chick put on her body . . It's her body . ..I am concerned about make up, it's on wakanda levels of technology years ahead of anything humans could comprehend it can turn a goblin into a princess and a rat into a majestic panther it's that powerful . . . . It's so powerful the people that wear it become totally different people after applying just a few dabs of this concoction.

Still it's your body like I said . . .but if you look like a different person once the mask comes off that's fraud :russ:
As long as I'm not waking up next to her, makeup is cool. There been times when a girl gets up in the morning and leaves my pillow looking brown. :scust:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Natural hair is a lot of work, so it's funny when men say "Just go natural" like it's not an entire process. You're learning your hair type, styles for your length and texture, products that work best (which change from season to season), etc. Having a twist out be popping at 9am and dry and crunchy looking by 12:30pm. Flat ironing your hair for a straight style only for one half of your head to revert back to curls after you wash it. Now you have a whole section of straight hair in between some random curls, shyt looking raggedy.

Most women have natural hair under the weave, it's just that weave is easier and more versatile. Women like to change their style up regularly so when a man comes and brags about how easy it is to maintain his hair, it's like STFU, men don't care about wearing the same hairstyle for 20 years, most women aren't like that.

SunGod

All Star
Daps
"I know back then I had never even heard of natural hair weaves. But we have way more choices and varieties now. I just think it’s gonna take a while for more of us to embrace our textures and be comfortable with it. A lot of us are still self-conscious about how our hair and texture is perceived. A lot of the points that were made in here about why some of us wear straight weaves were right, but a lot of it does have to do with self hate. I wouldn’t say it’s c00ning tho. Some black woman legit think that their hair is ugly. It’s what we were taught. It’s not easy to just unthink it." - My Natural GOAT MoonGoddess

Bleaching is c00ning, double eye lid is c00ning, how come bone straight weaves aren't?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s not at all a Black or Western thing.
White women wear weaves incredibly frequently, wigs have been a part of European and various African cultures for centuries, weave is often easier to maintain (in terms of daily effort) than longer natural hair, I’m sure you’re aware of the US anti-Black hair policies until rather recently, which affected Black woman’s hair almost exclusively.
It gradually slid into popular culture, and there was a massive Black male hair preference for straight long hair (no matter how many of these lying jigs will state otherwise.)
So it’s multi-tiered.

Go to Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, etc. same thing there now. Only the weaves are worse.