How did the Bible know about Neanderthals before Scientist did?

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
once you read Genesis 6:4 IN CONTEXT, it becomes clear that height isn't even what they are referring to.

That's how you know the Book of Enoch is bullshyt.

Hopefully you learn how to read the rest of the bible "IN CONTEXT" as well.

And I wouldn't call Enoch total nonsense. Jude 1:14 quotes Enoch 60:8 word for word.

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you can show me where it says Anak was one of the Nephilim, i'm with you...

...but you can't.

Numbers 13:33

We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim).

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopefully you learn how to read the rest of the bible "IN CONTEXT" as well.

And I wouldn't call Enoch total nonsense. Jude 1:14 quotes Enoch 60:8 word for word.

Who gives a fukk dumbass? That doesn't make the book of Enoch canonical scripture.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Numbers 13:33

We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim).

AGAIN, they were using figurative speech. The decendents of Anak, were so big to them,
they might as well have been Nephilim in their opinion.

In a similar sense, somebody today might come in this very thread and call someone "Einstein"
but you know none of us are Albert Einstein, because he's dead.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
See, you made an excellent point there. Those giants were the descendants of Anak.

Where you seem to swing and miss is at the notion that Nephilim was EXCLUSIVE to the giants of Genesis 6:4. When Nephilim was a general term for giant in Hebrew.

that is an assumption and I don't have a problem with that. This is simply a discourse we are having.

The problem with your argument is when you start to look at the characteristics of the Nephilim of Genesis, the reason for the flood, the later prophesy & parables by Jesus and the purpose of the Nephilim it is clear that the Nephilim are something other than just Large Humans. They were not human...and since their inception they were destroyers of the Earth

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why don't you enlighten us biblical scholar?

Well let's see. Is Esther canon to you? It sure wasn't for the Essenes, since it wasn't found in the dead sea scrolls.

Was it for Martin Luther? He ripped Esther AND Ecclesiastes in half.

And last time I checked, neither the Septuagint, Masoretic, or Dead sea scrolls have 2 Esdras (which is really 3rd or 4th Esdras, or Pseudo-Esdras). Yet you count that as scripture, even though it was written by 3 different groups and wasn't completed until after the time of Jesus.

The fact that Ezra was a scribe and 2 Esdras calls him a prophet, along with the section which literally mentions Jesus gives it away.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
So then what DOES make something canonical?

When was the bible (Old AND New Testament) made "canon"?

Catholics got together and decided upon this & I don't trust them because of what they did with the bible. I believe Enoch should be a part of the scripture because it was quoted & mentioned in the bible plenty of times.

Enoch himself seems to be too important of a person to not have anything about him in the bible.

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AGAIN, they were using figurative speech. The decendents of Anak, were so big to them,

In a similar sense, somebody today might come in this very thread and call someone "Einstein"

Breh, you're essentially saying the same thing I am. Nephilim was a GENERAL term in Hebrew.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

the bible was using figure of speech even in verse 22? :usure:

Okay breh :pachaha:

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Catholics got together and decided upon this & I don't trust them because of what they did with the bible. I believe Enoch should be a part of the scripture because it was quoted & mentioned in the bible plenty of times.

Enoch himself seems to be too important of a person to not have anything about him in the bible.

Lol what did they do to the bible? Their bible includes Baruch, Tobit, Judith, 1 Maccabees, 2 Macabees, Wisdom, Sirach. Essentially all the so called apocrypha.

1 Enoch is only found in the Ethiopic bible.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well let's see. Is Esther canon to you? It sure wasn't for the Essenes, since it wasn't found in the dead sea scrolls.

Was it for Martin Luther? He ripped Esther AND Ecclesiastes in half.

And last time I checked, neither the Septuagint, Masoretic, or Dead sea scrolls have 2 Esdras (which is really 3rd or 4th Esdras, or Pseudo-Esdras). Yet you count that as scripture, even though it was written by 3 different groups and wasn't completed until after the time of Jesus.

The fact that Ezra was a scribe and 2 Esdras calls him a prophet, along with the section which literally mentions Jesus gives it away.

Are you trying to prove 2 Esdras fake, or are you telling us what's canonical and what's not? Esther is obviously canon because not only is it found in the OT, it's also found in the Apocrypha. It also doesn't go against the other scriptures which we KNOW to be God-inspired in anyway. I can write a true statement referenced from the OT on a piece of parchment, but it doesn't mean the rest of what I write is God-inspired, nor was anything on the parchment in general God-inspired in reality. It was just a single true statement referenced from something we know to be true. I said all of that to say a true statement doesn't make a whole document true. Point blank.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Breh, you're repeating the same thing I am. Nephilim was a GENERAL term in Hebrew.

so yall really believe that a moment that was so important in Genesis to cause God to flood the Earth is just a 'figure of speech' and a 'general' term to describe the enemies of God's Children? :rudy:

God don't play around like that brehs, you all know that. If he brought them up after the flood it was for a reason. In fact the Fallen Angels are mentioned with Satan a lot more than just Numbers & Genesis guys. These dudes arrived for a purpose & it wasn't a good thing either.