How did the Bible know about Neanderthals before Scientist did?

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, the point is, how can you call Enoch fake, when 2 Esdras is super fake?

King James and his translators placed 2 Esdras into the Apocrypha section. Meaning neither he nor they considered it "canonical" enough to be included into the regular section. Think about that.

Out of respect for @iLLaV3 thread, I'm not going to address it. I might address it in your thread one day. Maybe. Let's stay on topic.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Here's the thing, though...there's a difference between the "Bad Angels" and the "Nephilim".

"Nephilim" are mutants and half-human. They were not angels - their fathers were.

During the flood, the "Nephilim" were destroyed...not the "angels". They "angels" had to abandon their human forms,
the "Nephilim" did not have that luxury. They were destroyed.

Just like the scripture you quote here in Job, Satan and his road dogs came in...not his road dogs' sons. Because they were dead.

Hey if you believe that Nephilim/off spring in Numbers is a figure of speech there is nothing I can do for you. I showed you point blank scripture where they were named. You don't believe it. :yeshrug:

Except it doesn't say they were with Satan, it says he came 'also among them'. And I guess what I'm getting at is whether or not you equate 'sons of God' in general in the scriptures with being evil?

No I don't...I feel the bible does a good job of letting you know who it is talking about when & where it uses the term. As for them being evil you have to know that Satan also has a band of Angels that roll with him.

Revelations 12:7-9
Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey if you believe that Nephilim/off spring in Numbers is a figure of speech there is nothing I can do for you. I showed you point blank scripture where they were named. You don't believe it. :yeshrug:

No I don't...I feel the bible does a good job of letting you know who it is talking about when & where it uses the term. As for them being evil you have to know that Satan also has a band of Angels that roll with him.

Satan does have angels, but like you said, the Bible specifies. Nothing about Job 2:1 or 1:6 imply they were Satan's angels, or that they were evil in anyway. Satan just kept showing up when THEY were supposed to present themselves before the Most High. Satan is that unwanted guest LOL. No disrespect, but even outside of the whole Book of Enoch thing, it seems like you read alot into the scriptures that isn't there. It's hard to address one of you points because what got to that point was based on a false premise to begin with (in my opinion).

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You still musta missed the part where I said Nephilim is a general term. Meaning those Nephilim in Genesis 6:4 have NOTHING to do the the Nephilim in Numbers 13:33.

As much as it pains me to say this, I agree with @Czar on that. It's unrelated.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness

You can't do anything for me anyway if you can't see that the 10 spies were speaking out of their mind there.

They knew the Nephilim were already destroyed in the Flood
They knew Nephilim couldn't have sons because they weren't full human
They saw God drown the army of a world power in the Red Sea before that, so they knew he could defeat some tall folks

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Yeah, but nephelim didn't exist after the Flood. If you read Genesis 10, you won't find the 'sons of Anak/Anakites' listed in the Nations. Numbers 13:32-33 is a 'false report' by the 10 spies who didn't want to enter the land and that is why they were summarily killed by the same plague in Numbers 14 (designated for 'unbelievers') while Joshua and Caleb were spared.​

:snoop:
I've answered this as well. Verse 22 on Numbers 13 clearly mentions that they are the sons of Anak. This was before the 'false report' was given. The people were the sons of Anak who were Nephilim.

and it wasn't a false report. they were just scared and didn't have faith...so God let them die out in the wilderness until the next crop of Hebrews rose up and were ready.
22 And they ascended by the south, and came unto Hebron; where Ahiman, Sheshai, and Talmai, the children of Anak, were. (Now Hebron was built seven years before Zoan in Egypt.)

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
iLLaV3 said:
:snoop:
I've answered this as well. Verse 22 on Numbers 13 clearly mentions that they are the sons of Anak. This was before the 'false report' was given. The people were the sons of Anak who were Nephilim.

That's why I referenced Genesis 10. The three 'sons of Anak' (clans) weren't nephelim, but the offspring of nephelim. There was no Nation populated by nephelim.

You read Enoch and Jubilees?

Last edited:

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
I think there may be a sliver of truth to what the OP is saying.

Neanderthal

neanderthaler1856rekonstruktion.jpg

Look at how closely he resembles a Gnome. I think there may have been stories and legends passed through the ages about "others". Those "Others" were archiacs that were absorbed by the Out of Africa invaders. The nephilim may be a distorted reference or account of the neanderthals that the Out-of-African invanders made as they pushed into Neanderthal territory

Svante Paabo, the man behind the admixture discovery, said in a recent lecture that he suspects there may have been another archaic in East Asia. Multiregionalism appears to be fact now. It may turn out that the races ARE a product of different mixes of Out-of-Africans and Archaics.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
That's why I referenced Genesis 10. The three 'sons of Anak' weren't nephelim, but the offspring of a nephelim. There was no Nation populated by descendants of Anak.

that is what I've been saying the entire time...the people had the SEED of the Nephilim. That is my point with this entire thread...not that the Nephilim are still around...just that a remnant of them are. :mindblown:

This is the prophesy that I didn't even get to about the Nephilim and the role of their SEED. @Taadow

Matthew 24:37
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Luke 17:26
And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

This is why their seed still lives. This is the role of the Neanderthal Offspring

Daniel 2:43
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Matthew 13:24-30
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

What MOD moved my THREAD :birdman:

Last edited:

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, but nephelim didn't exist after the Flood. If you read Genesis 10, you won't find the 'sons of Anak/Anakites' listed in the Nations. Numbers 13:32-33 is a 'false report' by the 10 spies who didn't want to enter the land and that is why they were summarily killed by the same plague in Numbers 14 (designated for 'unbelievers') while Joshua and Caleb were spared.​

@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited was absolutely right y'all. I looked in my Hebrew-English bible, saw the word dibbah, which means defaming, slanderous, unfavorable, evil in Numbers 13:32

Then read Numbers 14:36-38 where the same word appears.

Now the men whom Moses sent to spy out the land, who returned and made all the congregation complain against him by bringing a bad report of the land, those very men who brought the evil report about the land, died by the plague before the Lord. But Joshua the son of Nun and Caleb the son of Jephunneh remained alive, of the men who went to spy out the land.

Dude hit it right on the nail.

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
@iLLaV3 you need to give @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited his pos rep.

he's saying the same thing I'm saying. You guys are getting stuck on if the Fallen Angels themselves were still walking around. That isn't the point I'm making. :bryan:

I'm pointing out that the seed of the Fallen was still present & mutating humans on the Earth to look different and behave different than what God had intended.
The Neanderthal DNA is that remnant of that seed that is still present today. This is what is important.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
iLLaV3 said:
that is what I've been saying the entire time...the people had the SEED of the Nephilim. That is my point with this entire thread...not that the Nephilim are still around...just that a remnant of them are. :mindblown:

This is where you're going wrong........
iLLaV3 said:
What makes the analogy with the Neanderthals so pertinent is how detailed it lines up with the Bible.

The Neanderthal DNA is that remnant of that seed that is still present today. This is what is important.

The Bible is not a science book. It wasn't written for that purpose and that purpose can't be read into it.​

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited was absolutely right y'all. I looked in my Hebrew-English bible, saw the word dibbah, which means defaming, slanderous, unfavorable, evil in Numbers 13:32

Then read Numbers 14:36-38 where the same word appears.

Dude hit it right on the nail.

The Rephiam is the ancestor of Anak spoken of in Genesis 14:5 & Deut 2:11

11 these also are accounted Rephaim, as the Anakim; but the Moabites call them Emim.

...they were real 'mutations' of people.

This is where you're going wrong........

The Bible is not a science book. It wasn't written for that purpose and that purpose can't be read into it.​

how so? never said it was a science book...just that I don't think the Bible mentioning a mixing between non-humans and now Science discovering that is not a coincidence.

Czar

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's saying the same thing I'm saying. You guys are getting stuck on if the Fallen Angels themselves were still walking around. That isn't the point I'm making. :bryan:

I'm pointing out that the seed of the Fallen was still present & mutating humans on the Earth to look different and behave different than what God had intended.

Breh, I'm looking at Numbers 13:33 in this Hebrew-English bible, and just realized the statement being made about the sons of Anak was made up by the spies who were talking crazy about the land. The parenthesis in the translation is what throws everything off and doesn't exist in Hebrew.

The text literally reads: we'sham ra'inu ha'nephilim bene anaq ha'nephilim

Translation: "And there we saw the Nephilim the sons of Anak are the Nephalim."

Otherwise we'd see those Nephilim being destroyed in Chapter 14. Think about it, why would God kill the spies if it were true?

Last edited: