How Come Asians Make It Out The Hood??

dj vtg

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for reasons that wont please us western blacks...

africans also get out alot though

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
No they don't. You're telling me broke Vietnamese, Laos, and Cambodians who came here as refugees from a dead broke and poor country came here with money/power/connections? Why are you trying to down play the fact that the Asians came up faster than us black people? Stop making excuses for yourselves.

African-Americans need to get out of this "hood" mentality.

bytch, I'm not making excuses. I'm educated, with my own place and car. :aicmon: I personally know two immigrants who came over as "political refugees" and they had money...one was Ethiopians and other Asian. Get off of Sierra's dikk and go somewhere. :scusthov:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Who is this? :takedat:

Word... I saw that mouth action and was immediately thrown off topic. :noah:

But in the interest of staying on the topic at hand, I went to HS with a bunch of Asian cats, and their families stayed taking in some relative from overseas and holding them down until they got on their feet, no matter how long it took.

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
Because Asians, have an established network here. Especially on the east and west coasts. They rarely come to the country without knowing someone else who is in a higher social circle from the same country. They also stress the importance of self sufficiency and education from when they are born until they are in their 30's. Actually if you tally up their income increase over generations, they make out as well, if not better than most whites.

:what:

Plenty come here only knowing someone working minimum wage..washing dishes etc

bytch, I'm not making excuses. I'm educated, with my own place and car. :aicmon: I personally know two immigrants who came over as "political refugees" and they had money...one was Ethiopians and other Asian. Get off of Sierra's dikk and go somewhere. :scusthov:
Only 2??

aint u an expert

:childplease:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
some Asians in Asia, don't believe in credit, so they just save, they can move to america, with $4mill to $5mill in bank and then start a laundrymat and tell kids to go be a doctor, lawyer, something in the sciences, etc

anyone can make it out the hood tho.

good education, networking, good skills, good plan, moving, good idea...great action steps/delivery etc

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH
Asians have a very collective mentality. Have you noticed you've never seen an asian homeless person? That's because even if he's new to this country, someone will take him in and give him a job to do. They don't hate on each other as much as black people, honestly. They stick to themselves and build themselves up, and that's where that asian arrogance comes from. If blacks were less combative with each other, and placed less responsibility on external factors (god, white people, what have you) instead of themselves, we would be better off. Let's not forget that we were surpressed for ~150 years, and that does still have an effect to this day. Any dumb nikka who wants to be ironic for white people and say they don't wanna hear about slavery and segregation is completely ignorant to the long lasting negative effects that can have.

most accurate post. ppl giving education in terms of asians rising up too much credit. its more about the networking they do within their own communities. education allowd then to stay at the level they rose to.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
They have a gameplan, executed it and have very little outside interference. They are set up to do well in the USA.

screenname01

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This popped into my head earlier and I figured I'd ask y'all for your opinions...

Asians flock to America with little to no money to their name and obviously start out living in low income housing... but eventually, it seems like they all make it out of the damn hood and sometimes even end up owning stores and stuff in the hood later on

you'll rarely see an adult Asian who's a 2nd generation American living in the hood; matter of fact, I can honestly say that I've never heard that to be the case, but obviously I'm just speaking from personal knowledge

so my question is, why do you think this is the case?

is it because the sample size is skewed; do an equal number of blacks and latinos make it out of the hood, but there's obviously way more of them there to begin with, so it doesn't seem like a big deal?

is it that the Asians came all the way over here from their home countries and made sacrifices to pursue the "American Dream", so their drive to succeed is just superior? meanwhile, maybe the people who were born there, predominantly blacks and latinos, are more content with living there and don't really have the same drive to be successful and leave the hood?

is it their emphasis on education? Chinese, Koreans, Indians, etc. parents' stress education to the fullest, leading to their kids becoming doctors and engineers, and sometimes that's how they end up getting out the hood

I really don't have an answer myself, just wondering what y'all thought

how come nyggas make it out of asia?

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Because the government invented AIDS and crack to destroy the black community. They forgot about the asians.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
some Asians in Asia, don't believe in credit, so they just save, they can move to america, with $4mill to $5mill in bank and then start a laundrymat and tell kids to go be a doctor, lawyer, something in the sciences, etc

anyone can make it out the hood tho.

good education, networking, good skills, good plan, moving, good idea...great action steps/delivery etc

:werd: A lot of times, people don't realize a lot of the immigrants here were doctors, lawyers, bankers, engineers, tradesman in their home countries. Especially on the Asian side, you need a lot of money to come here. You got Asians who win the visa lottery, then you got Asians who got a visa because they got $100K in bank.

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
Mexicans have the same support system..everybody has a 'cousin' they can stay with

people always clown Mexicans for living 11 deep in one lil apartment
But they stack their cheese before moving out on their own
start a lil taco stand...open a used tire store with the extra bread and keep on living :manny:

:werd: A lot of times, people don't realize a lot of the immigrants here were doctors, lawyers, bankers, engineers, tradesman in their home countries. Especially on the Asian side, you need a lot of money to come here. You got Asians who win the visa lottery, then you got Asians who got a visa because they got $100K in bank.

:what:

same for Africans huh??

just shut up dude

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Mexicans have the same support system..everybody has a 'cousin' they can stay with

people always clown Mexicans for living 11 deep in one lil apartment
But they stack their cheese before moving out on their own
start a lil taco stand...open a used tire store with the extra bread and keep on living :manny:

Stop making excuses....most blacks are lazy.

I can tell you from personal experience the worst students in every school I have been to were black.

Too many victimization bums who thinks society owes them something...