How Come Asians Make It Out The Hood??

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yall really think the slumdogs of Asia are the ones who are making it to America :usure:

I'm sure if we looked at the average stats of Black Americans who expatriate to Europe, Asia, even Africa, they'd be doing outstandingly well too.

:what:

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps

My point is, we're asking why a very small but highly motivated, ambitious, skilled portion of a population who make it out of the shyt hole that is India or what have you is doing shyt that the average population isn't. That question answers itself. The average lazy azz Laotian or Somalian with poor money management skills isn't coming to America in the first place.

thekidfromqueens

the best borough
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Queens
Education. A strong emphasis on education will do people wonders. Look at Africans who come over. Same emphasis on education and many have similar success stories. It's not about race - it's about the cultural emphasis or lack thereof on education.

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
My point is, we're asking why a very small but highly motivated, ambitious, skilled portion of a population who make it out of the shyt hole that is India or what have you is doing shyt that the average population isn't. That question answers itself. The average lazy azz Laotian or Somalian with poor money management skills isn't coming to America in the first place.

bytch shut your dumb ass up

U forgot your previous post already?u compared Americans who expatriate to Asia and Europe to immigrants coming to America

are u fukking kidding me??

Rich immigrants have 0 reason to come to America..unless they are seeking asylum,come here to shop or study[then go back after graduation]
They can damn near visit America whenever the fukk they want..why would they move here when they are already making money back home living among their own?

All sorts of immigrants make it to the US breh...intelligent,lazy,crazy,stupid and even handicap

Just stick to sucking dikk..cuz its obvious u dont know what you're talking bout
U droopy lipped ass bytch

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
bytch shut your dumb ass up

U forgot your previous post already?u compared Americans who expatriate to Asia and Europe to immigrants coming to America

are u fukking kidding me??

Rich immigrants have 0 reason to come to America..unless they are seeking asylum,come here to shop or study[then go back after graduation]
They can damn near visit America whenever the fukk they want..why would they move here when they are already making money back home living among their own?

All sorts of immigrants make it to the US breh...intelligent,lazy,crazy,stupid and even handicap

Just stick to sucking dikk..cuz its obvious u dont know what you're talking bout
U droopy lipped ass bytch
Why you be so aggy all the time? I don't even know who you are. Relax :hug:

devizelle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MOCO awl day
Wow I can't believe that people still buy into the Asian model minority myth.

First of all, Asians are not a monolithic group, so this idea that all Asians are "making it out the hood" is flawed.

A lot of the recent Chinese immigrants were professionals in China, so they have an emphasis on education and academic achievement.

Many southeast Asian populations (Vietnamese, Thai, Philippinos) have education and income statistics comparable to Blacks

Finally, the Asian model minority myth was created and used as a way to dismiss the experiences of Blacks ("if Asians can do it you can do it, you have no excuse") and keep Asians in line by creating a "positive" stereotype for them.

Check out the the beginning of the article Asian Americans: The Myth Of The Model Minority by Ronald Takaki it explains some of this stuff pretty well.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Don't really know the situation in the US but when I was in France I knew this vietnamese kid whose parents had espaced the war and ended up as refugees in France both were uneducated and had little to no community support (did get state support tho) fast forward 20+ years pops got 3 restaurants and all 5 kids got university degrees :win:

Now MAYBE dude did get some support afterwards but no matter how, they went from boat people to successfull entrepreneurs in a generation :obama:

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
yall ever wonder where them asians that work the fastfood spots be living at ? :wtf:

they work all day and eat in they resturaunt and then when its closing time they vanish in thin air even if its like 10 of em workin

i caught a couple of em shoppin one time in shoprite but they are like rare creatures around my way barely any asians out here that are middle to lower class the only ones you really see are in a doctors office or a hospital