How Come Asians Make It Out The Hood??

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
This popped into my head earlier and I figured I'd ask y'all for your opinions...

Asians flock to America with little to no money to their name and obviously start out living in low income housing... but eventually, it seems like they all make it out of the damn hood and sometimes even end up owning stores and stuff in the hood later on

you'll rarely see an adult Asian who's a 2nd generation American living in the hood; matter of fact, I can honestly say that I've never heard that to be the case, but obviously I'm just speaking from personal knowledge

so my question is, why do you think this is the case?

is it because the sample size is skewed; do an equal number of blacks and latinos make it out of the hood, but there's obviously way more of them there to begin with, so it doesn't seem like a big deal?

is it that the Asians came all the way over here from their home countries and made sacrifices to pursue the "American Dream", so their drive to succeed is just superior? meanwhile, maybe the people who were born there, predominantly blacks and latinos, are more content with living there and don't really have the same drive to be successful and leave the hood?

is it their emphasis on education? Chinese, Koreans, Indians, etc. parents' stress education to the fullest, leading to their kids becoming doctors and engineers, and sometimes that's how they end up getting out the hood

I really don't have an answer myself, just wondering what y'all thought

What's crazy OP... I was just thinking about this yesterday.... like I"ve never seen a homeless Indian looking or Oriental looking homeless person in the U.S....not that I can recall anyway.....

I mean just search engine "Filipino homeless in landfill", or "Mumbai slums", or "Vietnamese poor village" or something like and you'll have no problem finding impoverished areas on the continent...but its like when they get here...they just crush the buildings.....

:dwillhuh:

^^ Plus it makes me think about the thread in Higher Learning talking about black male high school graduation rates and how :childplease: disgustingly low they are......like what are we doing out chere?????

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Look at this thread you have people praising every other commuty but their own. You can't win until you have pride in who you are.
Well we don't know what race anyone on here is so that's a moot point. As for the pride aspect...

Pride should be reserved for individual achievement, things we actually do. Being black isn't a skill. Being white isn't an accomplishment. It's not like before we were born we had to follow a series of tasks and who ever won the tasks got to choose whatever race they wanted. Race is just a genetic accident. Since we don't "do" anything to be what race we are, it is worthless to pride yourself on your race and it is also pointless to hate others for their race.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
These Asians and other immigrants aren't POOR...They are high middle-upper class in their home country. It ain't cheap coming to America...if that was the case you think the US would be down for poor Chinese, African and Indians coming over here? :mjpls:

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Change the thread title to "Why blacks cant make it out the hood?"

Shoulda been named that from the jump. That was the only direction the thread was going to go

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
irSQZ3cBcY2Uk.gif

Who is this? :takedat:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Not what I'm saying at all. I really wonder if you actually read my posts. Be as religious as you want, but God isn't going to get you out of the hood. As religious as my grandparents are even they always stressed education, entrepreneurship and wealth to my parents.

I have no beef with religion. I DO have a beef with people who think that "getting right with God" or "having faith" alone is enough to better their situation. EVEN WORSE when those nuts and berries types think "money don't matter". Ask your pastor how long he prayed to GOD and if his prayer made the church building magically materialize, or if it cost MONEY to make that church building...

Ask him. Tell me what he says. I'll be waiting.

The real issue is the hood culture not religion. Hell church boys are clowned as lames just like school boys.

killacal

Banned
Daps
These Asians and other immigrants aren't POOR...They are high middle-upper class in their home country. It ain't cheap coming to America...if that was the case you think the US would be down for poor Chinese, African and Indians coming over here? :mjpls:

Ever heard of Political refugee thats how most these immigrants come over here :krs:

TheDream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The same God that whites gave you through slavery? Funny you say atheism is white but somehow Christianity isn't. China is one of the most atheist countries on the planet and they seem to be doing a hell of a lot better than blacks.

Stop with these nuts and berries answers. God isn't going to save you, but even if you really think God will save you, remember this, God never failed white people. When the black man was getting hung by the racist white boys, both of them were praying to God and Jesus. God only answered one. Did God save the Native Americans from getting wiped out? There isn't an army on the planet that didn't feel like God wasn't on their side and if you think the soldier that made it home was praying to the same God each time then you are mistaken.

The smartest thing that people in power have done is convince you broke people that money doesn't matter, but at the same time the best way to better your situation would be to "get right with GAWWWWDDDDAUHHH!!!!"

Blacks are the most superstitious and religious people in America... The poorer a neighborhood is the more churches it has. CLEARLY God has NOTHING to do with it.

GOD won't get you an education. GOD can't even build his churches. It takes MONEY to do that.....

So fukk you and your nuts and berries. God won't save you. This is why black people don't do shyt. You're too fukkin busy, in the ghetto, not going to school, eating your nuts and berries thinking God will save you. GOD never failed the white man. Get off your ass and make shyt happen. Things don't just happen. Things get done. Other races are busy calculating how to take over the world, how to master commerce and economics. meanwhile you're too busy sitting around talking about CareBears, Unicorns, Lucky Charms and Rainbows.

"Your guy might be bigger than my guy...up there. But my guy is bigger than your guy, down here."

I think you might be the smartest poster on this forum.

TheDream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A man that thinks he knows everything is always sad.

Takes one to know one. You seem like a very sad uneducated loser sitting at home hoping somehow God will make everything better. Instead of going out there and doing it on your own.

TheDream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still no rebuttal. You nuts and berries types really have no leg to stand on at all. Don't attack me. Attack my points. Prove me wrong. Ask a CEO if he makes his business decisions based on what God tells him. :deadrose:

"God told me to buy some of this stock this morning!!"

Is my logic too much for you? Don't attack me. Tell me how I'm wrong....

It's okay don't bother with him. Will Ross is a full-blown retard.

TheDream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those political refugee's have money/power/connections also...:aicmon:

No they don't. You're telling me broke Vietnamese, Laos, and Cambodians who came here as refugees from a dead broke and poor country came here with money/power/connections? Why are you trying to down play the fact that the Asians came up faster than us black people? Stop making excuses for yourselves.

African-Americans need to get out of this "hood" mentality.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
The real issue is the hood culture not religion. Hell church boys are clowned as lames just like school boys.

Hood culture keeps black at negative 10. Religion keeps blacks at zero. Remember, I'm talking about religion without education or economic values being instilled. Religion keeps poor people complacent. Any historian, sociologist or anthropologist would tell you that. It's not digging people into bigger holes, but it keeps people in the same stagnant spot, waiting for things to change. The hood mentality just makes the hole get bigger and deeper.

I'm not saying religion is the worst problem. I'm saying religion isn't the solution...