How Come Asians Make It Out The Hood??

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Yall really think the slumdogs of Asia are the ones who are making it to America :usure:

I'm sure if we looked at the average stats of Black Americans who expatriate to Europe, Asia, even Africa, they'd be doing outstandingly well too.

:clap: 9 times of 10 when I see a brother overseas when I'm travelin', it's on some :win: "what up?" :myman: The same way not everybody can go to Switzerland, is the same way not everybody can come to America. A lot of cats that come here that aren't on the visa lottery are from educated class in their countries, thus the term "brain drain". Take the Chi for example. The Filipino that moves to Skokie isn't the same as the filipino that lives in Roscoe Village, the chinese person that lives in chinatown isn't the same as the chinese person that lives in Northbrook, etc etc. It's all class b.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My point is, we're asking why a very small but highly motivated, ambitious, skilled portion of a population who make it out of the shyt hole that is India or what have you is doing shyt that the average population isn't. That question answers itself. The average lazy azz Laotian or Somalian with poor money management skills isn't coming to America in the first place.

Wow I can't believe that people still buy into the Asian model minority myth.

First of all, Asians are not a monolithic group, so this idea that all Asians are "making it out the hood" is flawed.

A lot of the recent Chinese immigrants were professionals in China, so they have an emphasis on education and academic achievement.

Many southeast Asian populations (Vietnamese, Thai, Philippinos) have education and income statistics comparable to Blacks

Finally, the Asian model minority myth was created and used as a way to dismiss the experiences of Blacks ("if Asians can do it you can do it, you have no excuse") and keep Asians in line by creating a "positive" stereotype for them.

Check out the the beginning of the article Asian Americans: The Myth Of The Model Minority by Ronald Takaki it explains some of this stuff pretty well.

thoughtful answers(these should both be common sense though), but people don't want thoughtful answers do they? :aicmon:

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
You people are idiots..

The majority of Asians who come here
-come on student visas
-get smuggled here

Immigrants dont just go to their banks,withdraw a few stacks,cop a ticket and head to USA

They sacrifice and save for years patiently waiting for a chance to make it to the US..or any other developed nation for that matter

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
High familial expectations.

They also hate black people so they don't get kept down having babies with people who have no aspirations for the future outside of shoes and hoes.

I love my people, but ya'll gotta get your priorities straight and stay in school. :birdman:

But I don't mess with Asians tho. Some of them are cool, but most I've met are the most out right racist bytches towards negroes you'd ever meet...and would get eye-widening surgery and change their hair and eye color in a second, never look twice at a brotha etc... some of them been worse than white people to me...had the most racist shyt said to me about negroes by Koreans who didn't know I was black (talking over the phone for work)...

My family is black but has crazy education oriented high strung values so I end up having more in common with them etc but I still can't get down with that racist shyt. :comeon:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
Mexicans have the same support system..everybody has a 'cousin' they can stay with

people always clown Mexicans for living 11 deep in one lil apartment
But they stack their cheese before moving out on their own
start a lil taco stand...open a used tire store with the extra bread and keep on living [/B] :manny:

:lolbron:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Has anyone answered with "because Asians are smarter than black people yet?"

They're smarter than Caucasians also statistically.

I knew they were smarter than me when I realized they could remember all the Mortal Kombat fatalities at the arcade back in the 90s when all I could do was a bicycle kick

:to: