Hot 97 Program Director Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg & Cipha Sounds Roast Nick

emoney

custom user title
Daps
nikka you just comin up wit some shyt to defend the fact that your defending this sucka shyt. You say people like rosenburg should live what they speak. I say he did, ymcmb is the most popular crew in rap right now. By takin them on he took on the most powerful entity in rap and called them on their bs. He put his job, his credibility and his career on the line to speak his beliefs, if that's not livin it than I don't know what is.

He did not.

He only called Nicki out.

Did you hear him mention Cash Money as a label?

Did you hear him mention any of the other members on the roster?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I'm not tearing anyone down, just speaking the truth. .

No you're not. You're speaking about what you want to be the truth.

We all have to play ball with the "machine" at some point no matter how much we speak out against it.

No....Rosenberg works for a company that DIRECTLY goes against the things he "claims" that you by hook line and sinker is what he's about. There's a DIRECT correlation between Hot 97 bullshyt playlist which promotes the decay of the music he claims to love. Thsi isn't some cat who works for a Georgia Pacific subsidiary whose complicated relationship as a subsidiary funds the Koch Brothers. Rosenberg goes directly to the studios of "HOT 97" If "HOT 97" were jumbled on the Soul TRain Scramble board, it would say "destroying hip hop" if put together.

He is a hypocrite of the highest degree....period. Again...notice I didn't say Nicki?

I ain't buying that bullshyt from some flim flamming ass carpetbagger. You buy that bullshyt. Just because he engages in it doesn't mean everyone else works along the same lines.

You didn't apply Rosenberg's situation to my situation at all. I choose not to work as a journalist now because I want a bigger paycheck. I'm not tied to some organization which is tearing down my field while working for them.

fukk outta here. It's nowhere near the same and now you're trying to manufacture my life to your bullshyt posts.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He did not.

He only called Nicki out.

Did you hear him mention Cash Money as a label?

Did you hear him mention any of the other members on the roster?

Speaking out about the biggest artist on the biggest label, he put himself in the position to catch the full wrath of the label. What happened? Was nicki the only one that heard it? No. It was the boss of the label that pulled all of his acts from the show.

Y'all are saying he picked the weakest, easiest target, like nicki is some small alone defenseless little girl. I say he didn't he picked the largest most popular artist, on the largest most popular label. A label who's boss claims to have ties to the Bloods street gang. Which was a big risk wether you agree with him or not.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
but imo some people overreacted after those summer jam comments (Nicki & Wayne being 2 of them).

how did Wayne over-react?

all he did was make an executive decision to pull his team from the line-up and posted a tweet making the announcement.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Speaking out about the biggest artist on the biggest label, he put himself in the position to catch the full wrath of the label. What happened? Was nicki the only one that heard it? No. It was the boss of the label that pulled all of his acts from the show.

Y'all are saying he picked the weakest, easiest target, like nicki is some small alone defenseless little girl. I say he didn't he picked the largest most popular artist, on the largest most popular label. A label who's boss claims to have ties to the Bloods street gang. Which was a big risk wether you agree with him or not.

Yall see how he's making Rosenberg's comments bigger than what they are in one hand and then saying they're small on another?

Man please....the dude was brown nosing....period. I don't care how corny Nicki is.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
how did Wayne over-react?

all he did was make an executive decision to pull his team from the line-up and posted a tweet making the announcement.

ur right. but that was kinda overreacting.. I mean I understand his reasons but it really wasn't that serious imo.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
The thread is five pages long and still no one has defended the song.

exactly!

these people accusing anyone in this thread of defending the song must be seeing imaginary posts or they are str8 lying

emoney

custom user title
Daps
ur right. but that was kinda overreacting.. I mean I understand his reasons but it really wasn't that serious imo.

I agree. I don't think Wayne views his decision as being that serious. He tweeted simply "We not doing Hot 97" and that was it from him. He hasn't spoken on it publicly since.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Yall see how he's making Rosenberg's comments bigger than what they are in one hand and then saying they're small on another?

Man please....the dude was brown nosing....period. I don't care how corny Nicki is.

yup

emoney

custom user title
Daps

This was not the first time he said something about Nicki Minaj. Hot 97's inability to discipline him as well as Nicki's refusal to respond to his verbal attacks is proof he chose a perceived weak target. This probably motivated him to continue his tirades.

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's

you see im not a young money fan nor stan and i understand why wayne did what he did, what rosenberg did was unprofessional plain and simple, this is bigger than nikki imo, i just like people to do there job and be professional, i guess im the only one looking at this as a business move more than anything

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
you see im not a young money fan nor stan and i understand why wayne did what he did, what rosenberg did was unprofessional plain and simple, this is bigger than nikki imo, i just like people to do there job and be professional, i guess im the only one looking at this as a business move more than anything

Yep but a lot these cats just hate Nicki and will never side with her on anything. I don't pay her no mind at all. Haven't heard her new album, heard Beez in the Trap on the radio a few times and think it's pretty straight. She has her own lane she is trying to make and nikkas are acting all aggy at her like they were fans to begin with and she sold out on them. Naw nikka, u was never a fan.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Rosenberg wouldn't have gotten his ass beat by anyone. If that were true, that really just goes to show YMCMB is some p*ssy's cause they aint do shyt.

This whole thing is stupid. Who the fukk cares if he dissed a song she wasn't even planning on performing? And he did it hours before her set and on a different stage. Who really gives a fukk? Rosenberg is a clown, he disses guests on his show during interviews. Who cares what he says?

you gonna let a random comment from a non-consequential dj, that no-one even gives a fukk about, stop your whole squad from perfmorming their set?

I don't think Cash Money is losing any sleep or money over this.

They are not the first people to pull out of Summer Jam

People have pulled out for much less

For example, Nas refused to do the show one year because they didn't allow him to bring a prop on stage.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No you're not. You're speaking about what you want to be the truth.

No....Rosenberg works for a company that DIRECTLY goes against the things he "claims" that you by hook line and sinker is what he's about. There's a DIRECT correlation between Hot 97 bullshyt playlist which promotes the decay of the music he claims to love. Thsi isn't some cat who works for a Georgia Pacific subsidiary whose complicated relationship as a subsidiary funds the Koch Brothers. Rosenberg goes directly to the studios of "HOT 97" If "HOT 97" were jumbled on the Soul TRain Scramble board, it would say "destroying hip hop" if put together.

He is a hypocrite of the highest degree....period. Again...notice I didn't say Nicki?

I ain't buying that bullshyt from some flim flamming ass carpetbagger. You buy that bullshyt. Just because he engages in it doesn't mean everyone else works along the same lines.

You didn't apply Rosenberg's situation to my situation at all. I choose not to work as a journalist now because I want a bigger paycheck. I'm not tied to some organization which is tearing down my field while working for them.

fukk outta here. It's nowhere near the same and now you're trying to manufacture my life to your bullshyt posts.

So it's not true that we all have to work for the machine at some point?

I never denied that rosenburg is a hypocrite, the fact that he is a Jewish white dude in love with hiphop automatically makes him a hypocrite, but up until now we accepted him and his position at hot 97.

You said you have a degree in journalism but you won't work for fox news because they are the "problem" I say if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. And if I went out and protested against the coch brothers you better bet people would expose any ties I had to the coch brothers however trivial it may be.

I'm not buying shyt rosenburg or anybody else on tv, radio, ect says cause it's all entertainment and bullshyt. I said you shouldn't be catching feelings about the shyt cause it was fukkary from the start.

Again I ask you if I thought fox news was the enemy, would I be wrong to get a job there and try to stop them from the inside? I would be naive but not fake, or not living what I feel

You seem to ignore important parts of my "bs posts" to get your point across. At the end of the day one person can only do so much, so before you go attacking people's credibility take a look at yourself cause you might be guilty of some of the same shyt.

Obviously you like journalism since you got a degree in it.

So by sitting idle and not doing anything about fox's crimes against journalism are you not living what you feel?

Does working for a big firm that contributes to fox news make you a hypocritical and deem your opinion on journalism and "the man" not credible?

I disagree with this notion but this is exactly why you said rosenburg was fake and didn't live what he felt. You said Since he works for the enemy he is a hypocrite and his opinion is not credible. Apply that to fox news, journalism, and yourself and see what you come up with.