Hot 97 Program Director Ebro Darden, Peter Rosenberg & Cipha Sounds Roast Nick

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
It doesnt matter. Rosenberg has pressed rappers for less. He picks his opponents.

The ones that arent going to do shyt.

not sure if you listened the original audio clip (from february) where he called Starships one the biggest sellout records ever but... yea it does matter.

French Montana does make hip hop music even if some elitists don't like it.

His original point (I'm not even sure if I agree w/ him) was that since Nicki was/is someone who considered herself to be a rapper, he didn't co-sign the POP/DANCE record she put out. Plus he said that he told Nicki that she has the potential to become the greatest female mc ever. So I think the original reaction was caused by a disappointment (because Rosenberg is a passionate hip hop fan). I don't know Rosenberg but I doubt he expects French Montana to save NYC hip hop and French Montana himself probably doesn't wanna be labeled that way either. But (again this is just my guess) since Nicki has showed she can actually rhyme pretty well when she wants, Rosenberg was maybe expecting more from her (which probably was naive). but who knows.

again, I'm not even agreeing with the things Rosenberg said back in February, but imo some people overreacted after those summer jam comments (Nicki & Wayne being 2 of them). and after that Flex went actually dissed HER & not her song (something Rosenberg didn't do, despite some of these comments) and ended up lookin like a clown after Nicki called to hot97

Kanye West does. Jay-Z does.

Oh, I wasn't aware of these songs. Can u post some links?

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:pacspit: at this Ebro joke saying Hot 97 is about advance NY Hip-Hop and yaddi yah. When they ONLY play Young Money and the other garbage that passes for Hip-Hop these days.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:what:

I don't even like the camel but what song does he have that sounds like some Katy Perry, 16 & pregnant shyt?
Ye doesn't either.

These nikkas is just reachin...the nikka doesn't have to like the damn song...the only problem was his timing...period...and it WASN'T disrespectful enough for the WHOLE damn roster to not perform...and honestly..MORE people should be mad at Wayne bytch ass...for even making that decision in the first place...everybody involved wit this shyt is bums...and the fans lost the worst...fukkin diva ass industry...smh..

Davieboy86

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy how one opinion has caused all this.

To think just last week on juan Epstein ciph and Rosenberg were discussing how they were so close to being fired any moment now and then all this comes up.

What he said was correct though about starships, its god damn techno music.

Its been said before but anyone pulling out the gender/race card because its rosenberg saying it instead of questlove or somebody just shows more about you as a person then Rosenberg or ciph.

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
I GUARANTEE YOU that if dude was black, NO ONE on here would be droppin' this "oh, that was unprofessional" nonsense or that other "he wouldn't say that if it was a nikka" shyt. And they DAMN sure wouldn't be trying to defend that garbage-ass song. Forget the fact that the song's not hiphop - it ain't even a good pop/dance song or whatever the fukk you call that Katy Perry-sounding genre of music

The thread is five pages long and still no one has defended the song.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Kanye "Stronger". Jay-Z "Haters" or whatever both of those songs are terrible and just as "unhiphop" as "Starships"

What stronger? Sampling classic as Daft Punk. Kanye isn't even singing in the, song just going hard in the paint with a daft punk sample? How the fukk is it unhiphop? What exactly about Stronger is unhiphop? He took it back to the essence, before rap had soul samples, it was electronic based.

How is Hate unhiphop? What are you talking about?

How is this possible not hiphop?

Last edited by a moderator:

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are better Kanye examples then that...both those songs is hip hop songs..and if u can't tell the difference between them and starships u need ur ears checked...

They all suck to me. All got the same wack beats. Don't have time to listen to the vocals.