Honestly, who ACTUALLY cares about Mystique?

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
The fact remains is that Mystique has bad guy powers.
Its' like making someone with the power to date rape into a hero.
It doesn't work.

She's a shapeshifter. Thats inherently a dubious( at best, deceitful at worst) super power.

Not refuting your point, I just found out about this a few weeks ago.

The Rapeman | Wikiwand

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I think Mystique being elevated like this in the movies is due to Jennifer Lawrence's star rising. She played a big role in First Class but the core of the film was Xavier's and Magneto's relationship and showing Magneto's rise to becoming the villain we all know.

Before First Class nobody knew who Lawrence was. I think only thing major she had been in was playing the guy from "Super Size" daughter on some TBS sitcom. When won the Oscar and starred in the first Hunger Games her star started to rise.

If it wasn't for the Hunger Games and her Oscar win I'm certain she wouldn't be the the focus in DOFP and Apocalypse.

I just hope regardless on whether Lawrence returns or not in the next major X-Men movie that Mystique is no longer a major player in the movies.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
:scust::scust::scust::scust::scust:
Anime people are so perverted
"righting wrongs one penetration at a time?"
:scust::scust::scust::scust::scust:

:sitdown:

How'd you found out about that by the way?

You Know What? Nevermind dont even tell me

:dame:

I was reading this: The Problem With Music :Negativworldwidewebland

I had no clue who the guy was so I looked him up to find his credentials. He was the frontman for a band called Rapeman. I thought that was odd and decided to see where they got the name from and found out that it was from one of their favorite manga series. And I wanted to see what exactly Rapeman could be about and wondered why it would be popular with anyone, even as satire.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
I think Mystique being elevated like this in the movies is due to Jennifer Lawrence's star rising. She played a big role in First Class but the core of the film was Xavier's and Magneto's relationship and showing Magneto's rise to becoming the villain we all know.

Before First Class nobody knew who Lawrence was. I think only thing major she had been in was playing the guy from "Super Size" daughter on some TBS sitcom. When won the Oscar and starred in the first Hunger Games her star started to rise.

If it wasn't for the Hunger Games and her Oscar win I'm certain she wouldn't be the the focus in DOFP and Apocalypse.

I just hope regardless on whether Lawrence returns or not in the next major X-Men movie that Mystique is no longer a major player in the movies.
They would be doing the series a great disservice of they continue to force Mystique down our throats.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
They would be doing the series a great disservice of they continue to force Mystique down our throats.
I agree. When Apocalypse was choking her I thought it would have been a great way to get rid of her. It would have inspired Storm to break away from Apocalypse because her hero was killed. She would have gone out as a hero and be written out of the movies. If they ever wanted to reuse Mystique in later movies just have Sinister clone her or whatever.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
The fact remains is that Mystique has bad guy powers.
Its' like making someone with the power to date rape into a hero.
It doesn't work.

She's a shapeshifter. Thats inherently a dubious( at best, deceitful at worst) super power.

There are great hero shifters... Morph, Beastboy, etc
What makes Mystique's power villaiinlike is she never uses it to turn into anything fun or interesting. She (in the movies) has no sense on humor.
The shapeshifters that turn into fun and interesting things (again, Morph... Beastboy, Plasticman, etc) are timeless heroes.
Morph01.jpg

alphaflight1-5.jpg

Or like, when he makes a mistake, instead of apologizing he just turns into a literal donkey (jackass) or when starts turning into women to holler at the lesbian chick in his crew. :mjlol:
Morph is great.

Morph12.jpg

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
There are great hero shifters... Morph, Beastboy, etc
What makes Mystique's power villaiinlike is she never uses it to turn into anything fun or interesting. She (in the movies) has no sense on humor.
The shapeshifters that turn into fun and interesting things (again, Morph... Beastboy, Plasticman, etc) are timeless heroes.
Morph01.jpg

alphaflight1-5.jpg

Or like, when he makes a mistake, instead of apologizing he just turns into a literal donkey (jackass) or when starts turning into women to holler at the lesbian chick in his crew. :mjlol:
Morph is great.

Morph12.jpg
Morph was created for the cartoon and eventually became a villian after they ran out of jokes, and decided to make him more serious.

Beastboy transforms into animals which is different than stealing someone identity.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Morph was created for the cartoon and eventually became a villian after they ran out of jokes, and decided to make him more serious.

Beastboy transforms into animals which is different than stealing someone identity.

She doesnt have to steal identities. She does cause she is written serious and for espionage.
She has transformed into original people she thought up as well as animals. Snakes, cats, etc. She just sticks with humanoid forms cause they write her boring.

Its a character/writing flaw, but the power itself is used by heros effectively all the time.

By the way... when she gets her power amplified she can turn into more than one thing at a time, split, and reconnect... similar t clayface. I remember she changed into a swarm of bats after her mutation was amped up.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I used race to highlight the reasoning behind a user singling her out. Cyclops hasnt even lead ONCE. Storm has, yet I see more mention for Storm, lets not play naive, we know why Storm is getting more mentions and its race. ffs.
Didnt finish thread yet cause this the dumbest shyt... Cyclops led before Storm... When the teams split the leaders were Cyclops & Storm... Then Rogue had a team... You must not read the books.... Its not race, people want Storm to be done right... Same with Cyclops... They fukkin both up...

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I never got why she was the main factor in Days of future past. Wouldn't it have made more sense if the person everyone was after was Darwin (black dude from First class).

With him you had an opportunity to create a very interesting story.

:yeshrug:
How would that make more sense when in the actual Days of Future Past comic Kitty literally went back in time to stop Mystique from killing Senator Kelly. The groundwork is mostly the same. The biggest change and the only real reason I think folks should be mad about that movie was how they forced Wolverine in on that story. Could have been a primo opportunity to flesh out another character like Kitty Pryde. But nope. SNIKT! CLAWS! RAWRRRRRR! VASCULAR ARMS!!!

:camby:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
She doesnt have to steal identities. She does cause she is written serious and for espionage.
She has transformed into original people she thought up as well as animals. Snakes, cats, etc. She just sticks with humanoid forms cause they write her boring.

Its a character/writing flaw, but the power itself is used by heros effectively all the time.

By the way... when she gets her power amplified she can turn into more than one thing at a time, split, and reconnect... similar t clayface. I remember she changed into a swarm of bats after her mutation was amped up.

Mystique can turn into animals now? Or just something similar size, which extends to animals?

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Mystique can turn into animals now? Or just something similar size, which extends to animals?
The whole similar size thing thrown in the bushes breh... She out here growing wings & claws & fangs & shyt, cat eyes for night vision, regenerating from wounds by changing her form... Only meta morph beats her level is Sinister... This dude let Cyclops blast half his chest off & smiled while giving him a dramatic speech about how he "let them" think they hurt him last time so theyd go away & not keep interfering in his plan... :why: :dead:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't she evil/anti-xmen the whole time in the comic? Like not even flirting with being good? She was always straight fukking shyt up and looking out for numero uno, right?
She's played the antihero role along with Sabretooth back in the late 90s when she was leading X-Factor and she's been a full fledged X-Man since then. But nothing like this.