Hip Hop Is Delicious Poison. Glorification Of Murder Is My Issue With Hip Hop. No Boundaries Exist - Dee-1

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
It’s too much, for real. When I was a child I listened to a lot of stuff that now when I actually hear it or understand it it does sound horrible. Culturally I’d rather not participate in it if it keeps perpetuating how badly we treat each other. Even Drake, I notice he makes a lot of slave and killing references too. I prefer to turn it off and stop listening, i really don’t like it despite my own potty mouth.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
1968udM.png

5K7CxSD.png

O10UkX7.png

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The take of Hip Hop doing the work of the Klan or equating Hip Hop to the Klan is ignorant and foolish. Not onlybthat l, but is disrespectful to anyone who has experienced the full extent of the hatred of the Klan. Its also a tacky and corny take and says you have no sense of history.

The Klan lynched Black man. And before you equate this to gang members killing each other. It isn't the same. The Klan was killing Black men for no other reason than being Black. Black ministers were lynched, Black churches were bombed, they mutilated Emmit Till. They burned crosses in yards to intimidate and oppress. They tied Black men to railroad tracks after beating them. None of the Black men killed were gangsters and many of them practiced non violence.

Anybody evoking the Klan to spit on Hip Hop is no different than Wayne using Emmit Till as a punchline.

We can be critical of Hip Hop. If you love something, how can you not critique it, but stop the BS. You can make a point in a critique of Hip Hop without stooping that low.

And for the record, ge's doing more work for the Klan than any song ever could. You're now just another case study for them to show other racists why racism is justified because they can use Hip Hop as a scapegoat for their prejudice.
Exactly.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Dude be speaking my mind, crazy.

It's not even that most rap fans and rappers think he's wrong...it's just they don't want to hear it, lol, they love the music and want to keep loving it. I get it...yall in denial and weirdos tho, respectfully. You refusing to address the 9000 pound elephant in the room wouldn't even matter if it wasn't influencing kids to be animals...yall STILL don't wanna address it? Cause you love dancing to this sh!t and hearing people rap gangsta and provocative? Smh.
Ok do u know anyone who has been thru the civil rights movement or KKK? I had a 105 year old grandmother from the south that just passed last year that I’ve spoken to extensively. I still have people in my family who lived thru and participated in all of that and LIVE in Alabama and places like that. To equate hip hop to the struggles they been thru with the KKK and shyt like that is literally a spit in the face. And if u or anyone else REALLY feel that way. Ur part of the fukking problem. Leave hip hop alone. That includes all of ur fav hip hop artists. Denounce it for real. Don’t half step it. Because if I felt like something is in any way comparable to the KKK. I wouldn’t be participating in it in any kind of way.

Mank1nd

Rookie
Daps
Sometimes there are rappers who promote negativity in their music. Thats it. Once you've draw the line between fantasy and reality as a young man/woman, none of that shyt they say on a record going to affect you and yours. Whats actually occurring though, is that people use the negativity they get from the music to motivate themselves before or while engaging in negative practices.

Last edited:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Dude be speaking my mind, crazy.

It's not even that most rap fans and rappers think he's wrong...it's just they don't want to hear it, lol, they love the music and want to keep loving it. I get it...yall in denial and weirdos tho, respectfully. You refusing to address the 9000 pound elephant in the room wouldn't even matter if it wasn't influencing kids to be animals...yall STILL don't wanna address it? Cause you love dancing to this sh!t and hearing people rap gangsta and provocative? Smh.
This thread is a perfect example.

But the funny thing is that their 'autism' will help sink rap and make it disappear. Those cats seem unable to accept the smallest criticism.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
True.
But watch all the c00ns and cacs make excuses and apologies..
Nobody cares about this dudes music, so he's trying to make a name by being anti hip-hop. I've never heard anyone request or recite a dee-1 lyric in real life. Hell nikkas on the internet barely know about him.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok do u know anyone who has been thru the civil rights movement or KKK? I had a 105 year old grandmother from the south that just passed last year that I’ve spoken to extensively. I still have people in my family who lived thru and participated in all of that and LIVE in Alabama and places like that. To equate hip hop to the struggles they been thru with the KKK and shyt like that is literally a spit in the face. And if u or anyone else REALLY feel that way. Ur part of the fukking problem. Leave hip hop alone. That includes all of ur fav hip hop artists. Denounce it for real. Don’t half step it. Because if I felt like something is in any way comparable to the KKK. I wouldn’t be participating in it in any kind of way.
My condolences for your grandma G's, she had a long beautiful life man, 105. Mine passed 2 years ago at 96.

But yeah...I hear you, thing is I don't think he's being that specific with it, like he doesn't mean hip hop is doing the work of the Klan as in every facet of what the Klan does...he's just saying the way the Klan has that "kill ni**as, let em all kill each other and sell each other crack and rob each other and blah blah blah" energy...that's the same spiel these rappers are spitting to our youth...and trying to make it sound cool and fun. These rappers destroy kids minds bro...I don't wanna say it that cut and dried but that's what it is G's, I know these nigs destroyed mine as a shorty, 1000%. Not all rappers of course...but the overwhelming majority of the ones that are hot and buzzin for sure.