Hip Hop Is Delicious Poison. Glorification Of Murder Is My Issue With Hip Hop. No Boundaries Exist - Dee-1

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Dude be speaking my mind, crazy.

It's not even that most rap fans and rappers think he's wrong...it's just they don't want to hear it, lol, they love the music and want to keep loving it. I get it...yall in denial and weirdos tho, respectfully. You refusing to address the 9000 pound elephant in the room wouldn't even matter if it wasn't influencing kids to be animals...yall STILL don't wanna address it? Cause you love dancing to this sh!t and hearing people rap gangsta and provocative? Smh.

How does rap influence people to kill someone

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Dude be speaking my mind, crazy.

It's not even that most rap fans and rappers think he's wrong...it's just they don't want to hear it, lol, they love the music and want to keep loving it. I get it...yall in denial and weirdos tho, respectfully. You refusing to address the 9000 pound elephant in the room wouldn't even matter if it wasn't influencing kids to be animals...yall STILL don't wanna address it? Cause you love dancing to this sh!t and hearing people rap gangsta and provocative? Smh.
this

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
We have a choice and personal responsibility to watch what we listen to/put in our ear holes.

People still saying but what about movies. Movies don't have a spiritual connection or serve to constitute what is defined as culture and reflected by the youth. There is a clear distinction and understanding between the mediums to the audience that people deny for the sake of argument to protect hip hop from scrutiny.

I love the music but I chose to be honest about it because I saw that not everyone left it as entertainment. It is the dominant vessel for propagating modern culture amongst Black people worldwide today and majority of it is toxic. The user and the supplier are both responsible for this glorification of violence. Feeding of each others. Fans denying the effects don't seem to mind losing generation after generation of young men to this dominant popular culture dispersed in music. Street culture.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Violent video games. Violent movies. Religion. History itself.

There's even a genre of movies where lunatics kill innocent people in various, ever more brutal ways. Horror.

No one ever takes Steven King to task for writing all this horrible shyt. Or Al Pacino for portraying all this horrible shyt.

Hip Hop has become war music. In context with the rest of the things I listed before, it fits right in. And it's okay from a purely objective standpoint.

The problem with it is our youth take it too seriously and end up emulating the music. And in more and more cases these days, making music about actual murders.

That is certainly a huge problem, but it's not a reason to demonize the artform. Unless we're ready to banish Tarantino and Mortal Kombat and Nerf guns.

It’s insane this argument is still being made in 2024.

The difference is 1-the black community is wedded to those ‘artistic representations’ . They are glorified and emulated. So it ain’t just entertainment. 2- other races can afford bad representation. The black community can’t

But again I can’t stress enough the absurdity that you typed that in 2024 like you sayin something

BEN23

All Star
Daps
Truth fully i dont listen to rap much for these reasons....and i look at alot of these rappers as clowns....
its different when your young and know no better.....street and rap lines have been blurred the last 15 years...

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get it. I used to defend rap music and had numerous debates with people and even got heated in some instances. However, as a grown ass man I can honestly say...there is no defense for some of this shyt. Not just new shyt either. Some of this old shyt, shyt that I bumped and frankly still bump is not good for the community. It's hard to acknowledge that something that you like, or even love, is actually harmful and destructive. The problem so many of us have when discussing this is that we can only see how it is impacting us. And if I am strong willed, confident, intelligent person that has healthy guidance I am less likely to succumb to the negative influence. I can just see it as entertainment and keep it moving and it's hard to recognize that there are plenty of folks not as fortunate as me that are being poisoned by these messages.

And yes the same is true for movies and video games. The thing that separates rap is that nikkas aren't actually dying over movies. Tom Hanks and Kevin Costner didn't both die in a gang related beef that played out in their movies with a generation of actors coming up following their lead. Nobody cares whether or not Michael B. Jordan really got hands. Nobody is trying to fight him in real life. Nobody cares if an actor snitches or gets beat up. You still gonna watch their movie. There is a clear line of distinction between what plays out on screen and what is going on in real life. Rappers stay dying and/or catching cases because the line between the music and actual street shyt has been blurred to the point that it really doesn't exist. This is harming black folks more than anybody else. It's our culture and it's harming our culture. White kids ain't killing and getting killed at the same rate as black kids. They ain't getting locked up at the same rate as black kids.

Facts

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The take of Hip Hop doing the work of the Klan or equating Hip Hop to the Klan is ignorant and foolish. Not onlybthat l, but is disrespectful to anyone who has experienced the full extent of the hatred of the Klan. Its also a tacky and corny take and says you have no sense of history.

The Klan lynched Black man. And before you equate this to gang members killing each other. It isn't the same. The Klan was killing Black men for no other reason than being Black. Black ministers were lynched, Black churches were bombed, they mutilated Emmit Till. They burned crosses in yards to intimidate and oppress. They tied Black men to railroad tracks after beating them. None of the Black men killed were gangsters and many of them practiced non violence.

Anybody evoking the Klan to spit on Hip Hop is no different than Wayne using Emmit Till as a punchline.

We can be critical of Hip Hop. If you love something, how can you not critique it, but stop the BS. You can make a point in a critique of Hip Hop without stooping that low.

And for the record, ge's doing more work for the Klan than any song ever could. You're now just another case study for them to show other racists why racism is justified because they can use Hip Hop as a scapegoat for their prejudice.
How many white folks are getting killed by gang members or other street shyt? Black folks are targeting and killing other black folks. Black folks are scared to walk through their hoods or go visit their people in other hoods. Young black men are growing up looking foward to doing prison time not expecting to grow old. You think the KKK has a problem with any of that?

Racists dont need justification, as there is none to begin with. The current state of hip hop and our culture not a scapegoat for prejudice its a result. Which is more advantageous for white supremacy...staying silent or contributing to the destruction of our people and letting it continue to get worse or standing against it and encouraging change? Telling black men to stop killing each other and stop glorifying trauma and destruction can never be a bad thing.