Hip Hop Is Delicious Poison. Glorification Of Murder Is My Issue With Hip Hop. No Boundaries Exist - Dee-1

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
This a dee-1 thread right? U shooting him some bail. Dee-1 worked with Game. That makes him a fraud. A hypocrite. You shouldn't even ATTEMPT to shoot this guy any bail.

He's a false prophet. A preacher in a Rolex. You can't condemn rap when you doing songs with cali's #1 blood.

I just said that this Dee 1 dude made music with artists in the industry which can look odd, but have you heard the song? It’s not a violent song. And Game doesn’t only make songs about gangs or drugs. He raps about being a father too. So what’s the big deal? Is Game a fake if he still repping what he claims he is? That’s his supposed life right? Same with Snoop. If he’s a blood then he’s a blood :manny: I don’t know nothing about the gang lifestyle other than what I hear about. Rap in general is mostly fake prophets. Some don’t even rap about anything positive and are controlled by their labels.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
@maxamusa Since you said Game only made violent or gang banging music this was on his last album, Where are these other rappers making songs like this? A song like this shoud've been talked about more. I think nobody wants to really search for music with a similar message like this behind it.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I said in my post that it was horrible. They're Republican white boys (Shapiro is jewish), they're wack by nature. The point is that their communities won't tolerate the evil agenda that Dee-1, Special Ed, Cube, and others have been warning us about.
Cacs like Shapiro promote bullshyt to keep their people broke by voting against their interests :skip:

They're way worse than any rapper because they have their own platforms to promote their nonsense

Right wing politics will be the death of this country if it's not eradicated. Anybody who supports it is an enemy of progress

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Cacs like Shapiro promote bullshyt to keep their people broke by voting against their interests :skip:

They're way worse than any rapper because they have their own platforms to promote their nonsense

Right wing politics will be the death of this country if it's not eradicated. Anybody who supports it is an enemy of progress
If I had to choose between bad political ideologies and drugs/genocide/immorality/mass incarceration being pushed upon Black people, I'd choose politics every time. Black kids aren't killing each other over politics.
Besides, the issue isn't what's being promoted to white people (their community issues aren't my concern), the issue is what isn't being promoted to them, and those are the things that I listed above, and the things in the videos in the OP.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get it. I used to defend rap music and had numerous debates with people and even got heated in some instances. However, as a grown ass man I can honestly say...there is no defense for some of this shyt. Not just new shyt either. Some of this old shyt, shyt that I bumped and frankly still bump is not good for the community. It's hard to acknowledge that something that you like, or even love, is actually harmful and destructive. The problem so many of us have when discussing this is that we can only see how it is impacting us. And if I am strong willed, confident, intelligent person that has healthy guidance I am less likely to succumb to the negative influence. I can just see it as entertainment and keep it moving and it's hard to recognize that there are plenty of folks not as fortunate as me that are being poisoned by these messages.

And yes the same is true for movies and video games. The thing that separates rap is that nikkas aren't actually dying over movies. Tom Hanks and Kevin Costner didn't both die in a gang related beef that played out in their movies with a generation of actors coming up following their lead. Nobody cares whether or not Michael B. Jordan really got hands. Nobody is trying to fight him in real life. Nobody cares if an actor snitches or gets beat up. You still gonna watch their movie. There is a clear line of distinction between what plays out on screen and what is going on in real life. Rappers stay dying and/or catching cases because the line between the music and actual street shyt has been blurred to the point that it really doesn't exist. This is harming black folks more than anybody else. It's our culture and it's harming our culture. White kids ain't killing and getting killed at the same rate as black kids. They ain't getting locked up at the same rate as black kids.

Its a soundtrack for the emvironment alot of black children grow up in. But the music normalizes the environment. Plus makes kids think they can make the same transistion from the streets to rap. But why is that? Part of it is due to the LACK OF TALENT!

So I definitely defend old hiphop,for the simple fact their was a barrier to entry before called talent/skills. We not going to keep pretending this new music aint just gang members/goons/goon affiliates talking on a good instrumental most of the time. And the fact that it garners attention and sometimes fame and fortune isnt good. I defend talented artist right to make art,even if it may be poisonous. You cant just jump in a booth and be Sada Baby. But the fact strippers and gang members can hop in a booth and blend right in is a problem.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
@maxamusa Since you said Game only made violent or gang banging music this was on his last album, Where are these other rappers making songs like this? A song like this shoud've been talked about more. I think nobody wants to really search for music with a similar message like this behind it.

I didn't say that. I said he was cali's top blood. I'm familiar with games music he's not the one under investigation. I'm just pointing our the clear hypocracy from the reverend.

It'd be like me giving marriage counseling as a married man and you later see me in a brothel.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I didn't say that. I said he was cali's top blood. I'm familiar with games music he's not the one under investigation. I'm just pointing our the clear hypocracy from the reverend.

It'd be like me giving marriage counseling as a married man and you later see me in a brothel.

I get where you’re coming from, I can’t be the one to judge at least he’s speaking out on it while others who sre some of the biggest artists in the industry are silent. I respect someone more if they calling out the bullshyt.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I get where you’re coming from, I can’t be the one to judge at least he’s speaking out on it while others who sre some of the biggest artists in the industry are silent. I respect someone more if they calling out the bullshyt.

You think he would be doing that is he was successful as a rapper?

IDK if you played video games with your brothers....or if u dont have any friends.....and you beat em they get mad and turn the shyt off "Well I dont wanna play anyway; this game wack"

remember those days :russ:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
You think he would be doing that is he was successful as a rapper?

IDK if you played video games with your brothers....or if u dont have any friends.....and you beat em they get mad and turn the shyt off "Well I dont wanna play anyway; this game wack"

remember those days :russ:

I don’t know if he would but I respect an artist more to speak on something real instead of just only rapping about shyt that has no real value :manny: There’s a reason why some don’t get the same promotion cause they’re getting silenced. Instead we see Megan, Sexxy Red & Ice Spice shaking their ass and kids eventually get influenced by it.

M4T

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, Florida
No one in here has advanced the argument that people are listening to music and turning into killers consequently. No one is arguing for respectability politics. But the claim that Black people are disproportionately killing each other is a sad reality unfortunately. For example, the leading cause of death for Black males between the ages of 1-44 is homicide.

wjJzUx.png

Native Americans still have the lowest overall life expectancy and Asians have the highest and also have the highest average income and education levels. They're also the least religious so there's probably a correlation there.

M4T

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, Florida
What's his end plan though, i fukk wit dee 1 and his message but at the end of the day nobody is going to stop making music bout killing and drugs...

Educated people can separate art from life. Movies have violence, sex and drugs too. But actors don't stay in character during press runs that's the difference.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rap music has almost singlehandedly reduced the image of the black man to drug dealers, gangbangers and street thugs.

Rap music has almost singlehandedly reduced the image of black women to ratchet ghetto thot whores.

Rap music has absolutely DESTROYED our collective image as a people and the funny thing is that the people in here defending it doesn't even realize how much harder it makes it in life as a black person.

Our default image as black men is seen as a threat due to the continued propaganda seen in rap music.

Rap music is an updated minstrel show that was used to do the same thing to black people in the past ...... dehumanize us.