Hip Hop Is Delicious Poison. Glorification Of Murder Is My Issue With Hip Hop. No Boundaries Exist - Dee-1

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I agree with what you wrote.

I'd classify the actual problem as individuals bleeding the art into real life. Or at least pretending to really be that character.

I wouldnt want to stop Ross from making Aston Martin Music, or be stopped from listening to it. Although the constant fronting is shameful.
The "movies/games/etc" excuse doesn't work. Only rappers are going out of their way to convince people the bullshyt is real.

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rap music is a government psyop weapon designed to pipeline as many black folk into the prison system as possible:

^^^^ the music has assisted in grooming / programming young black minds into thinking it's "cool" to live a criminal lifestyle for decades now.

"Delicious poison" is the perfect description of it.

The music/beats are so delicious that black folk literally sing and dance to their own genocide.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Controversy, dysfunction, and violence sells. Labels know this.
Simple supply and demand. Tbh, if you look at what really sells, it's not violent rap music

All the smoking on dead opps drill shyt goes wood at best. Violent music is always gonna get attention, but very few of these rappers are gonna crossover

Even critically acclaimed gangsta rappers like freddie gibbs sell only like 10,000 copies

Pointless conversation imo. Cause it's picking fights with the easiest opponent. Not gonna lead to anything actually productive. At the end of the day, these rappers can't do anything without a platform. Disagree with what they rap about, but put most of the blame on the media companies and folks on social media promoting and talking about them everyday

Nobody would know who lil rt is if a million different pages didn't keep sharing his music everyday. Coli included. Every post is promotion. Do what you want, but don't act surprised when the rappers you always complain about stick around. If yall really cared you'd promote positive artists. But folks don't actually wanna hear that. Thus, nothing ever changes

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
At the end of the day, Hip Hop came from the Ghetto/Hood..

The stories from it such as:

Police Brutality, Putting food on your families' table by any means necessary, etc wasn't 2 b glorified.

Cats these days should be more appreciative of the opportunities to feed their families legally because it was a privilege to be a rapper. If u abuse your power and blessings, u deserve everything.

Look at Suge Knight... got 28 years in jail as karma for the stuff he did while being a label executive

Diddy is just getting his karma as well.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Simple supply and demand. Tbh, if you look at what really sells, it's not violent rap music

All the smoking on dead opps drill shyt goes wood at best. Violent music is always gonna get attention, but very few of these rappers are gonna crossover

Even critically acclaimed gangsta rappers like freddie gibbs sell only like 10,000 copies

Pointless conversation imo. Cause it's picking fights with the easiest opponent. Not gonna lead to anything actually productive. At the end of the day, these rappers can't do anything without a platform. Disagree with what they rap about, but put most of the blame on the media companies and folks on social media promoting and talking about them everyday

Nobody would know who lil rt is if a million different pages didn't keep sharing his music everyday. Coli included. Every post is promotion. Do what you want, but don't act surprised when the rappers you always complain about stick around. If yall really cared you'd promote positive artists. But folks don't actually wanna hear that. Thus, nothing ever changes

Might not equate to sales anymore but it drives it on the social media apps along with the content the on the media outlets.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

Exactly.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
The "movies/games/etc" excuse doesn't work. Only rappers are going out of their way to convince people the bullshyt is real.
Why doesn't it work?

Games like gta let you act out crimes instead of just watching or listening. The ds game let you sleep drugs as a mini game.

Makes no sense to stop at rap music. If you gonna call out one, call out everything. Otherwise it's clear you're just picking and choosing

Plus, why does it matter if the violence is real or not? Glorification is glorification. Just as many people grew up listening to chief keef as did watching scarface. They're the same people. So why blame one but not the other?

Paid in full, gta v, and king von all talk about the same shyt. But just rappers like king von should be blamed :mjlol:

Yall just got surface level thoughts on all this. Otherwise how can you explain the double talking going on? :jbhmm:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why doesn't it work?

Games like gta let you act out crimes instead of just watching or listening. The ds game let you sleep drugs as a mini game.

Makes no sense to stop at rap music. If you gonna call out one, call out everything. Otherwise it's clear you're just picking and choosing

Plus, why does it matter if the violence is real or not? Glorification is glorification. Just as many people grew up listening to chief keef as did watching scarface. They're the same people. So why blame one but not the other?

Paid in full, gta v, and king von all talk about the same shyt. But just rappers like king von should be blamed :mjlol:

Yall just got surface level thoughts on all this. Otherwise how can you explain the double talking going on? :jbhmm:
You COMPLETELY missed the point of my post.

I said actors and such aren't the same because they have no presentation or implication that that is their real character, whereas most rappers front like that's how they really are to keep up the facade to sell records and whatever else they peddle.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get it. I used to defend rap music and had numerous debates with people and even got heated in some instances. However, as a grown ass man I can honestly say...there is no defense for some of this shyt. Not just new shyt either. Some of this old shyt, shyt that I bumped and frankly still bump is not good for the community. It's hard to acknowledge that something that you like, or even love, is actually harmful and destructive. The problem so many of us have when discussing this is that we can only see how it is impacting us. And if I am strong willed, confident, intelligent person that has healthy guidance I am less likely to succumb to the negative influence. I can just see it as entertainment and keep it moving and it's hard to recognize that there are plenty of folks not as fortunate as me that are being poisoned by these messages.

And yes the same is true for movies and video games. The thing that separates rap is that nikkas aren't actually dying over movies. Tom Hanks and Kevin Costner didn't both die in a gang related beef that played out in their movies with a generation of actors coming up following their lead. Nobody cares whether or not Michael B. Jordan really got hands. Nobody is trying to fight him in real life. Nobody cares if an actor snitches or gets beat up. You still gonna watch their movie. There is a clear line of distinction between what plays out on screen and what is going on in real life. Rappers stay dying and/or catching cases because the line between the music and actual street shyt has been blurred to the point that it really doesn't exist. This is harming black folks more than anybody else. It's our culture and it's harming our culture. White kids ain't killing and getting killed at the same rate as black kids. They ain't getting locked up at the same rate as black kids.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
You COMPLETELY missed the point of my post.

I said actors and such aren't the same because they have no presentation or implication that that is their real character, whereas most rappers front like that's how they really are to keep up the facade to sell records and whatever else they peddle.
I didn't miss your point at all. Like I said, what difference does it make if they're actually who they're portraying or not?

If the problem is the glorification of violence, that exists regardless of it being a movie or rap

It still presents murder as something cool or not that big of a deal. So again, if one is a problem why not the other?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I didn't miss your point at all. Like I said, what difference does it make if they're actually who they're portraying or not?

If the problem is the glorification of violence, that exists regardless of it being a movie or rap

It still presents murder as something cool or not that big of a deal. So again, if one is a problem why not the other?
Because no one with a functioning brain believes these actors are like that, for various reasons, mainly that you see them on the regular, but rappers will sell impressionable, and sometimes stupid, children the idea that they are who they are on records, and some of them are doing the shyt.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. “I’m a real gangsta and killer, not no rapper”. Black community is in the worse shape in this country and we up here talking bout video games and movies as if it is the same influence on our culture community and kids

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Because no one with a functioning brain believes these actors are like that, for various reasons, mainly that you see them on the regular, but rappers will sell impressionable, and sometimes stupid, children the idea that they are who they are on records, and some of them are doing the shyt.
You keep harping on this like it actually matters. Of course no one believes that. It's not about that

Look at how chronically online cacs worship characters like Patrick Bateman, the heath Ledger joker, travis bickle, and Tyler Durden. None of them believe those actors are really about that shyt forreal. That's not the point. They don't care about the actor. It's about the character

They identify with them. Even see themselves as those characters. They respect them for how they use violence to get back at the world.

Now how's that any better than people trying to emulate the lifestyles of gangster rappers?

But really the situation with rap is a chicken or egg scenario at this point. Both the streets and rap pull influence from each other. All the images we see portrayed in rap music come from real life. Rap blows them up to wear people outside the lifestyle can profit from it. The record labels, media outlets, and personalities like vladtv.

And as an aside, the street rappers people actually like are really who they portray themselves to be in their music. Tay k, xxxtentacion, king von, duck, keef, durk, 21, kodak, and all the rest of em. A lot of kids may try to copy how them dudes dress and talk, but the people who actually go out and commit crimes are those who already were in the environment to go down that road anyway. You have few exceptions but the majority would be in the same position with or without rap in the picture. Rap is just an easy scapegoat because people are too lazy and want to have a simple problem with a simple cause to blame it on. Real life ain't like that though.

All you have to do is look at your own community. What are some of the problems in it? Specifically crime. Is rap music to blame?

Cause as a black man actually living around black people, aint no damn rap music causing people to be criminals :mjlol:

Most drug dealers and street dudes don't rap. Cause they're too busy in the streets. People are doing knucklehead shyt cause they're strung out on drugs, lack of job opportunities, poor education system, undiagnosed mental issues, dysfunctional home lives, and greed

Rap music has nothing to do with any of those things. It's just a soundtrack to the shyt mfs do anyway. But folks want to blame it like it's the actual cause

One minute hip hop is dying, the next it's brainwashing all the youth to be thugs :mjlol:

The coli needs to make up its mind :mjlol: