Hip hop almost died today and my heart is broken

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't Summer Jam a hip hop festival. Don't they have people performing hip-hop and some R&B?

Where does this fit in?

Nicki Minaj - Starships (Explicit) - YouTube

The song itself may not fit in. But the performer's roots are basically in Hiphop, even though she has steered from that genre's direction.

It is up to perception, but let's not forget that people embraced the whole Rock&Rap thing as well. The minute Hiphop fans started to accept crossover music, whether pop, r&b, rock or now even techno, there is really little they can do to stop them from selling such a product. Where were you when that shyt started to pollute the airwaves? Gettin' that payola, you didn't give a fukk about no boom bap HipHop.

I'm sure Flex Hogan, who is the loudest right now, played Timbaland's techno inspired beats as well and now wants to go "back to the roots".

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Id be mad as hell if I bought tix to see her and he was the cause of that no show.... no matter how I feel towards her personally

Id ask for his job, so he is unemployed

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure Flex Hogan, who is the loudest right now, played Timbaland's techno inspired beats as well and now wants to go "back to the roots".

Did Timbo perform his pop shyt at Summer Jam?

I think there's a difference between what is played on Hot 97 and what's performed at a hip hop festival.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Lauryn Hill still making HipHop? Last time I checked, she was moaning in the mic, making crackwhore music.

My whole point is - don't have double standards. Take a stand and stick with it to the end, whether it's Nicky, Lauryn, whoever...

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
if lauryn hill busted out a guitar and started playing some acoustic live set shyt would people have been furious? that wouldn't have been hip hop

if mos def was there and busted out umi says rosenberg woudln't have been liek fukk THAT BLAH BLAH

fact is nikki is an easy target and one this corny fakkit rosenberg could use to further pump up his persona of being the Hip Hop preserver or some shyt

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I ain't mad at Peter cause he is right and everyone knows it.

The sad part is that I can't think of any black dude in hip hop that would have done the same thing and its a shame.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
if lauryn hill busted out a guitar and started playing some acoustic live set shyt would people have been furious? that wouldn't have been hip hop

if mos def was there and busted out umi says rosenberg woudln't have been liek fukk THAT BLAH BLAH

fact is nikki is an easy target and one this corny fakkit rosenberg could use to further pump up his persona of being the Hip Hop preserver or some shyt

This. She is a very easy target. Given That Starship song is :trash: but seriously, I got an issue with a white boy named Rosenberg telling me what real hip hop is. Might be slightly racist, but fukk it. I rememberthe days when hip hop was not the worldwide industry it has become. I remember when outsiders said it was just a fad andit would soon pass. AND I REMEMBER WHEN DUDES NAMED ROSENBERG WASNT FUKKIN WITH HIP HOP. Now he can define the culture? Fukkouttahere.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
what bugs me is why is dude going on an all-out crusade against nicki? theres other people & things that should be called out before her.

he called her out for "starships" on his show.....cool. but hes still poppin chit and doing it in public where shes getting ready to perform?

i cant respect it. and it just comes off like a white guy trying to exploit his position by chitting on a black woman. theres plenty of men that should be chitted on first, and half of them are sissies. yet hes going all out on nicki? and at a time when white girls are the main females getting deals & some of them are hoppin on the mic hurling the N word? horrible timing.

f**k that.:pacspit:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The song itself may not fit in. But the performer's roots are basically in Hiphop, even though she has steered from that genre's direction.

It is up to perception, but let's not forget that people embraced the whole Rock&Rap thing as well. The minute Hiphop fans started to accept crossover music, whether pop, r&b, rock or now even techno, there is really little they can do to stop them from selling such a product. Where were you when that shyt started to pollute the airwaves? Gettin' that payola, you didn't give a fukk about no boom bap HipHop.

This. Once it became acceptable to crossover in hip hop, you had to know that this type of shyt was inevitable. So don't get mad when nikkas make horrible sell out songs to move units. nikkaz allowed this to happen when they accepted crossing over.

Sent From My Nexus S 4G nikka!

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
what bugs me is why is dude going on an all-out crusade against nicki? theres other people & things that should be called out before her.

he called her out for "starships" on his show.....cool. but hes still poppin chit and doing it in public where shes getting ready to perform?

i cant respect it. and it just comes off like a white guy trying to exploit his position by chitting on a black woman. theres plenty of men that should be chitted on first, and half of them are sissies. yet hes going all out on nicki? and at a time when white girls are the main females getting deals & some of them are hoppin on the mic hurling the N word? horrible timing.

f**k that.:pacspit:

:clap:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn't - ok so when Kanye made the extraterrestrial song with Katy Perry..... where was all of the complaints then from hot97? I'm just sayin

That was a Katy Perry song that Ye hopped on for the remix.

Did Hot 97 play the song?

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
This. Once it became acceptable to crossover in hip hop, you had to know that this type of shyt was inevitable. So don't get mad when nikkas make horrible sell out songs to move units. nikkaz allowed this to happen when they accepted crossing over.

Sent From My Nexus S 4G nikka!

:clap: