Hip hop almost died today and my heart is broken

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I can't believe a 39 year old man from New York is so into Nicki Minaj to the point where he legit stans her and is outraged when anyone says something negative about her. Only reason the race card is being used is because its easier to hide behind that than it is to admit that he is pushing 40 and sticking up for a Lady Gaga clone.

We are talking about a guy who use to bleed New York radio now hating on Funk Master Flex because of what he 'might' do tonight to a female pop artist.

He was stanning G-Unit for years on the other side. It was like 50 Cent was a family member at the time.

The likes of Nicky Minaj are trying to take different fanbases - a little bit of HipHop fans, a little bit of pop and a little bit of house/techno fans. David Guetta is huge in Europe, and I don't think any other DJ can create a song that will get as many spins as him right now.

I, as a HipHop fan would never say that "Starships" is a Hiphop joint, since there is like 10 bars and even that is garbage. But many people don't want to put music in categories anymore, if it's a hit - it's a hit, period. They will see Guetta feat. *insert singer/rap artist" and play that endlessly as if no other music existed prior to that.

Starships is not a hip-hop joint, and while Rosenberg was right to point out the song isn't hip-hop, he probably should have picked a different time and place for that opinion.

The bolded though is 100% truth. As garbage as the song is, it wasn't meant for the Hot 97, Power 99, etc. That shyt is meant for clubs in Vegas, Europe, etc. Say what you want about the song, but the shyt will get spins and get chicks on the floor.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
first time hearing Starships. it's honestly not even an incensing record. it's just so marginal, even within a marginal context/genre, that it's kinda sad. she's self destructing. her fame is fleeting. sad. poor lost black girl.

but yeah, her ass is fake. kim k has a fake ass too. assplants abound. i'm out cheah in LA. i be knowin'.