Hip hop almost died today and my heart is broken

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peter was right, but it was kind of mean to throw Nicki under the bus when she was right backstage the whole time.

I don't fuk with Garth brooks but I'm not gonna knock his music or his fans while the nikka backstage about to perform.

But maybe she got smart with him backstage or sum shyt, if that's the case then I guess he was justified

and fuk all that culture stealing shyt, as a black man I'm a keep it 100 and acknowledge that the average white hiphop head probably has a better appreciation for the history and culture than the average black head.

There's a reason why a Gucci Mane concert is 95% black while you'll see an ocean full of white hands at a Wu tang concert. People don't want the ugly truth tho

:childplease:
:pacspit: @ The bolded
:smh:
Agree with Peter though.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Are you really pissed he said this wasn't hip hop

Nicki Minaj - Starships (Explicit) - YouTube

:beli:

This, :why: unless I'm missing something he named the song not the artist.

If Nas made a country song, and somebody proceeded to say it wasn't hip hop then Oh well. Its true and I wouldn't see it as an attack on hip-hop, more that they were talking common sense, but it was messed up to put her out there like that when she is suppose to perform still.

Galvatron

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course breh. And for the record, rosenberg DID pick his battle here...but the message is so right to me I let it slide.
Should have known with the Michigan avatar. We gonna disagree strongly on this one homey. I personally can't stand Rosenberg he is an extra corny white dude who swears he knows hiphop...he is a joke in every aspect. The ultimate hypocrisy is the group he sweats slaughterhouse is desperately trying to find a commercial hit like lighters with Bruno mars.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Why doesn't the threadstarter get the difference between pop music and commercial hip hop? No one is saying that Nicki Minaj should be rapping on a Premier or Pete Rock beat; just that she fukking passed threshold of what is not considered Hip Hop anymore.

Galvatron

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why doesn't the threadstarter get the difference between pop music and commercial hip hop? No one is saying that Nicki Minaj should be rapping on a Premier or Pete Rock beat; just that she fukking passed threshold of what is not considered Hip Hop anymore.
That's a complete lie she got a video with Nas songs with Nas songs with cam all on her new cd it's a mix of pop stuff withbrapmstuff to let that piece of shyt Rosenberg go unscathed is a great tragedy in all of this.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I can't believe a 39 year old man from New York is so into Nicki Minaj to the point where he legit stans her and is outraged when anyone says something negative about her. Only reason the race card is being used is because its easier to hide behind that than it is to admit that he is pushing 40 and sticking up for a Lady Gaga clone.

We are talking about a guy who use to bleed New York radio now hating on Funk Master Flex because of what he 'might' do tonight to a female pop artist.

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
That's a complete lie she got a video with Nas songs with Nas songs with cam all on her new cd it's a mix of pop stuff withbrapmstuff to let that piece of shyt Rosenberg go unscathed is a great tragedy in all of this.

smh.
rap?? try a crappy steez she stole and cant really do that great.
she can have hip pop and make spaceships and that song with will i am.
is fergie hip hop?
is stefani hip hop?
minaj just got boxed in with them dumb bytches trying to be gangsta with a fake steez.
leave the rap/hip hop genre to the real bad bytches in the game.

she should go to her 15 years later laguardia HS reunion dressed like an idiot.
ANY BROOKLYN HIGH SCHOOL > LAGUARDIA

Galvatron

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh.
rap?? try a crappy steez she stole and cant really do that great.
she can have hip pop and make spaceships and that song with will i am.
is fergie hip hop?
is stefani hip hop?
minaj just got boxed in with them dumb bytches trying to be gangsta with a fake steez.
leave the rap/hip hop genre to the real bad bytches in the game.
Ignorance at its best. So according to you there is no hiphop on her cd? That's news to me an entire album of starship. It has as many hiphop songs as illmatic

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Ignorance at its best. So according to you there is no hiphop on her cd? That's news to me an entire album of starship. It has as many hiphop songs as illmatic

you think her shyt is hip hop??

hahaha.

ignant