Hip hop almost died today and my heart is broken

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Had she not pulled out and done that set with those guests, she probably would have earned some slight cred points. She would have had a memorable summerjam set. I understand being upset at Pete's opinon but she could have answered back with that set. Eh, who gives a fukk tho, we got to at least see Nas and Lauryn rock it out for a few minutes and that was good enough.

Galvatron

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had she not pulled out and done that set with those guests, she probably would have earned some slight cred points. She would have had a memorable summerjam set. I understand being upset at Pete's opinon but she could have answered back with that set. Eh, who gives a fukk tho, we got to at least see Nas and Lauryn rock it out for a few minutes and that was good enough.
You know who cared the fans who actually paid to see her Nas was a guest . Nobody went to summer jam in hopes of seeing a 1996 reunion of esco and l boogie. The fact that we are supporting a scum bag wanna be no it all in Rosenberg is the real tragedy. He openly taunted her fans for wanting to see her.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You know who cared the fans who actually paid to see her Nas was a guest . Nobody went to summer jam in hopes of seeing a 1996 reunion of esco and l boogie. The fact that we are supporting a scum bag wanna be no it all in Rosenberg is the real tragedy. He openly taunted her fans for wanting to see her.

Well he did :smugfavre: with that #nassummerjam thing him and Cyph were pushing for a few weeks.

But I'm saying that was her choice to pull out and deprive her fans (or maybe Baby or Wayne's...either way it was her camp) . She could have just gone on there with Cam, Nas and Lauryn and everyone else, do a little something for the hip-hop crowd and probably have Peter go back and give her props for the lineup she put together. It would have made more sense to me, instead catching feelings over what he said on the smaller stage outside the stadium during the pre-show.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
To allow a white man to attack hip hop in such a vile racist way and get nothing but support from the majority of you guys is a low moment for hiphop.

Spare us your faux outrage galvatron.

You should focus on Nicki Minaj having an 'alter ego' that is a white french pedophile, endorsing a rapist.

Are you really pissed he said this wasn't hip hop

Nicki Minaj - Starships (Explicit) - YouTube

:beli:

Time out brehs, need some background! Who called Minaj out, and where? (From some answers it looks like the context matters).

And who's the "White french pedophile rapist" she endorses?

And that song is TRASH :damn::damn::damn:

Galvatron

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well he did :smugfavre: with that #nassummerjam thing him and Cyph were pushing for a few weeks.

But I'm saying that was her choice to pull out and deprive her fans (or maybe Baby or Wayne's...either way it was her camp) . She could have just gone on there with Cam, Nas and Lauryn and everyone else, do a little something for the hip-hop crowd and probably have Peter go back and give her props for the lineup she put together. It would have made more sense to me, instead catching feelings over what he said on the smaller stage outside the stadium during the pre-show.
:comeon:

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The likes of Nicky Minaj are trying to take different fanbases - a little bit of HipHop fans, a little bit of pop and a little bit of house/techno fans. David Guetta is huge in Europe, and I don't think any other DJ can create a song that will get as many spins as him right now.

I, as a HipHop fan would never say that "Starships" is a Hiphop joint, since there is like 10 bars and even that is garbage. But many people don't want to put music in categories anymore, if it's a hit - it's a hit, period. They will see Guetta feat. *insert singer/rap artist" and play that endlessly as if no other music existed prior to that.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
The likes of Nicky Minaj are trying to take different fanbases - a little bit of HipHop fans, a little bit of pop and a little bit of house/techno fans. David Guetta is huge in Europe, and I don't think any other DJ can create a song that will get as many spins as him right now.

I, as a HipHop fan would never say that "Starships" is a Hiphop joint, since there is like 10 bars and even that is garbage. But many people don't want to put music in categories anymore, if it's a hit - it's a hit, period. They will see Guetta feat. *insert singer/rap artist" and play that endlessly as if no other music existed prior to that.

Thank You - that puttin music in categories sht is dead now whether you like it or not. All tht b/s Hot 97 been playin all these years and now all of a sudden these clowns want to set hiphop standards and make the rules...f-o-h hot97

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
have to agree

pete rosenberg is corny and one of those way too hardcore hip hop white guys which is just annoying as fuk

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank You - that puttin music in categories sht is dead now whether you like it or not. All tht b/s Hot 97 been playin all these years and now all of a sudden these clowns want to set hiphop standards and make the rules...f-o-h hot97

Isn't Summer Jam a hip hop festival. Don't they have people performing hip-hop and some R&B?

Where does this fit in?

Last edited by a moderator: