Hip hop almost died today and my heart is broken

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Rosenberg ain't up there on behalf of himself, just some random guy that jumped on stage and dissed her...he's an employee of Hot 97...and an official sanctioned emcee of the event...if they allow him to go out there in an official capacity and disrespect her...with zero repercussions, what's the difference "him" shytting on her as opposed to the station?

Like I said..she shoulda went on stage..shytted on who was involved..cause honestly..even if there was to be any repercussions...she backed out before there was any chance...the bytch ain't do shyt but make her fans more mad than they already been at her...The station as a whole supports that chick all day...When it comes to this shyt..when u make ur fans dislike u..u might as well walk out the door...cause u finishin yaself off...that diva mentality ain't gonna work...

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Like I said..she shoulda went on stage..shytted on who was involved..cause honestly..even if there was to be any repercussions...she backed out before there was any chance...the bytch ain't do shyt but make her fans more mad than they already been at her...The station as a whole supports that chick all day...When it comes to this shyt..when u make ur fans dislike u..u might as well walk out the door...cause u finishin yaself off...that diva mentality ain't gonna work...
I'd almost agree if her "fans" were the ones most up in arms and upset at her about it...instead of the people that already hated "the bytch" for pretty much everything she does or has done over the course of several years anyway...but that's not the case...her actual fans are fa

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Thread starter is trolling, but what he's saying in jest has a tad bit of truth to it...Rosenberg is the prototype white fan of urban fantasy..He treats black rappers just like he treats the wrestlers he Stans.. To him it's probably all the same thing..

Wayne Brady was just speaking on how infuriating it is when white people call him out for not being "Black enough".. He said when it comes from brothers it's annoying, but when he hears it from a white kid from Iowa it makes him insane...And no matter what people say "hip hop" has always been a code for urban Black culture...

He chose Nicki because she's a soft target...He wouldnt say this about Heartbreaks and 808 era Kanye if he was headlining the show...Or Andre 3k when he had all of America singing "Hey Ya"..Even though according to his logic the same attitude would be justified.

He knows America doesn't like Nicki (especially after the Grammy debacle) so he's piling on...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I'd almost agree if her "fans" were the ones most up in arms and upset at her about it...instead of the people that already hated her for pretty much everything she does anyway...but that's the case

But her fans ARE the ones upset about it..look at Twitter fam..they shyttin all over her...they legit pissed at her..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Thread starter is trolling, but what he's saying in jest has a tad bit of truth to it...Rosenberg is the prototype white fan of urban fantasy..He treats black rappers just like he treats the wrestlers he Stans.. To him it's probably all the same thing..

Wayne Brady was just speaking on how infuriating it is when white people call him out for not being "Black enough".. He said when it comes from brothers it's annoying, but when he hears it from a white kid from Iowa it makes him insane...And no matter what people say "hip hop" has always been a code for urban Black culture...

He chose Nicki because she's a soft target...He wouldnt say this about Heartbreaks and 808 era Kanye if he was headlining the show...

But u can't call any white person a racist for commenting on a black person...shyt is getting ridiculous...his comments weren't racially motivated at all..he didn't even dis HER directly...he dissed a song...

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
But her fans ARE the ones upset about it..look at Twitter fam..they shyttin all over her...they legit pissed at her..
You can literally find people on twitter on every side of any argument...but they are nowhere near the people most up in arms and upset at her about it...it's the people who already hated her doing the majority of the pushback or expressing all the faux concern for her "fans"

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
The song is ass and I respect him for stepping up and saying shyt he believes,soft ass nikkas gettin hurt.If the shyt is wack,the shyt is wack point blank I don't give a fukk if Sinead O' Conner pasty ass said it.

And the nikka comparin' Starships to Umi Says needs to get his kufi slapped the fukk off.It's some horrible posters on this site.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Im speakin on the threadstarter and people who feel that way in general..not u fam..

Okay I gotcha...

I feel it's his right to say whatever and the Nicki song like most of her music personally isn't for me.. But you gotta be careful as a white guy (or even a Black guy) from the suburbs you still are technically an outsider in the culture..Don't get too comfortable and forget this and feel that you can police hip hop and get on stage and let your nuts hang...

Reminds me of when 3rd Bass dissed Hammer in the Pop Goes The Weasel video and MC Serch ran into him and some of his Oakland goons in the airport and was hiding and running for security...All that "real hip hop" nonsense went out the window and Serch got real humble and reasonable...

Rosenberg strikes me as the same type of cat...

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
also if rosenberg didn't know 100% that he would be absolutely shyt on and treated like a piece of shyt for dissing waka flocka and artists like that he would be dissing them too.

But like dude says, he prob looks at hip hop like wrestling and see's waka flocka as an exiting character therefore his hip hop skill or originality goes out the window, also rosenberg would be most likely frightened to say anything about those dudes.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:snoop: I can't believe you nikkas is on here arguing about this soft ass shyt.

Hip hop fans fukked up a long time ago by endorsing the fukkary that is Nicki Minaj. Now that she has proven to be the empty gimmick that she always has been, you nikkas want to catch feelings when sombody calls her out.

On a professional level it was wrong for Rosenberg to diss an artist that was performing at his stations festival, but at the same time what happened to hip hops rebellious spirit. We used to expect our Journalsits and DJs to keep it real and hold artists accountable for there bs. It just sucks it took a European white dude to say what somebody should have been saying. Maybe some more respectable personalities should stop supporting this shyt, Flex should quit droppin bombs all over the fukkary

Hip hop died when it became uncool to have an opinion. Fans,DJs, etc used to hold artist to a certain level a quality and if the artist didn't live up to it we let it be known. Now everybody so scared to offend anyone that nobody has an opinion, if you do it's "Hating" or in this case "Racist":stopitslime:

I say fukk that, rosenburg and anyone else should speak there opinion and maybe these artist will actually try to make good music instead of puttin out bs cause nobody will call them on it.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
:snoop: I can't believe you nikkas is on here arguing about this soft ass shyt.

Hip hop fans fukked a long time ago by endorsing the fukkary that is Nicki Minaj. Now that she has proven to be the empty gimmick that she always has been, you nikkas want to catch feelings when sombody calls her out.

On a professional level it was wrong for Rosenberg to diss an artist that was performing at his stations festival, but at the same time what happened to hip hops rebellious spirit. We used to expect our Journalsits and DJs to keep it real and hold artists accountable for there bs. It just sucks it took a European white dude to say what somebody should have been saying. Maybe some more respectable personalities should stop supporting this shyt, Flex should quit droppin bombs all over the fukkary

Hip hop died when it became uncool to have an opinion. Fans,DJs, etc used to hold artist to a certain level a quality and if the artist didn't live up to it we let it be known. Now everybody so scared to offend anyone that nobody has an opinion, if you do it's "Hating" or in this case "Racist":stopitslime:

I say fukk that, rosenburg and anyone else should speak there opinion and maybe these artist will actually try to make good music instead of puttin out bs cause nobody will call them on it.

Real shyt.