Here's what people don't tell you about living in NYC...the rent kills but what gets you is...

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Be an adult and don't know how to cook brehs.

"But I don't have time!!!! :damn:"

Then take 1 night out of the week and cook a week's worth of food. And/or get some pre-made frozen meals. There is good shyt out there.

FWIW I moved from NYC down south and eating out isn't that much cheaper :manny:

LOL! Thank you! Once you choose to dedicate your life to eating out you will be throwing away money no matter where you are!

Daps
buying food actually drains the pockets of most Americans no matter what city you are in. Thats because eating out is generally more pricey than buying/ordering food.

Heres some advice. Learn to cook, filter your water and bring that to work and save money.

Since i was a baby Manhattan was always known for pricing everything extra. When candy was 50 cents in Brooklyn/Queens it was 75 cents in Manhattan.

I mentioned that before. What I also said was I switched up how I buy water so I save on that. I don't want a filter because I'm a firm believer in all water tasting different. I like how Poland Spring taste so that's what I stay with.

My biggest gripe with food is the amount of money it can be and sometimes it's nasty. I've always spent on food and I was able to budget out other things that weren't as important to me.

I'm noticing people mentioning links of food spots and the first one I click on is in crown heights..I live uptown lol if there was some app to put me on to cheap good shyt in the proximity I'm in at the moment then I'm for it

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
get a brita water filter for home and a water bottle with the built in filter and stop buying bottled water....and your job don't have a water fountain/spout? don't understand why with all the models of reusable water bottles people are still consistently buying bottled water

and while i'm sure groceries cost a lot there, it costs considerably less to buy groceries and cook than eat out. your budget for eating out all day everyday looks no different than how it would look in any other city. there is nothing special about new york that keeps you from cooking. and don't give me the - i'm on the subway, i don't want to carry food - when i lived there and when i took public trans to work in SF, i still had a lunch bag on me. constantly eating out is something you choose to do :yeshrug:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tons of videos of people eating cheap in NYC. Just look up Cheap eats in NYC on YouTube.

Its amazing to me how people in general never do any research on the places they decide to move to or live in.

Food doesnt have to be expensive everywhere, its Americans being lazy who throw all their money on wasteful things.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I mentioned that before. What I also said was I switched up how I buy water so I save on that. I don't want a filter because I'm a firm believer in all water tasting different. I like how Poland Spring taste so that's what I stay with.

My biggest gripe with food is the amount of money it can be and sometimes it's nasty. I've always spent on food and I was able to budget out other things that weren't as important to me.

I'm noticing people mentioning links of food spots and the first one I click on is in crown heights..I live uptown lol if there was some app to put me on to cheap good shyt in the proximity I'm in at the moment then I'm for it

Meal Prep bro and save the eating out for the weekends or something

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
How bout you buy cases of water and stop eating at restaurants.:ohhh:
Yup I live and work here and I eat out 3 times a week and spend like 8 bucks per meal...I usually eat at home for breakfast and I bring a lunch and I make 6 figures. There's plenty of cheap quality places in ny, you just gotta know where to go and a lot of it is word of mouth

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Pack your food and carry a knapsack like a school kid :mjcry:

Live off of ham and cheese sandwiches and pop tarts :mjcry:
people don't even know...if you want a good sandwich, just go to a supermarket. They make it there right on the spot and charge me 4 bucks with a free water. Those gourmet spots will run your pockets easy

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Spent $50 to have some sushi delivered to me and my wife at 10:30 last night. Ate it in bed and went straight to sleep :russ:

:snoop:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yeah the prices he mentioned sound pretty normal for eating out.

Saturday I marinated 6 lbs of steak and spent 20 minutes cooking all of it on Sunday. That's lunch and dinner until Friday. I do that shyt because I got 40 hours of work, 1.5 hours a day for a commute :mjcry:, and 2/3 hours to spend at the gym per day.

OP isn't an adult yet :lolbron:
the hell you doing at the gym for 2-3 hours daily? :dahell: i can see a couple days a week hitting for close to two hours, but you're at the gym daily, you should be in and out in an hr, 1.5 hours max if it's hella crowded, you bulshytting/taking hella rest, or you hit a long cardio cycle after a lift

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
the hell you doing at the gym for 2-3 hours daily? :dahell: i can see a couple days a week hitting for close to two hours, but you're at the gym daily, you should be in and out in an hr, 1.5 hours max if it's hella crowded, you bulshytting/taking hella rest, or you hit a long cardio cycle after a lift
I was thinking the same but I forgot to ask about that

I have my workouts down to 30-40 minutes