Here's what people don't tell you about living in NYC...the rent kills but what gets you is...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That it is. A place like this has tons of choices. The point of this thread is I bet I can go other places in the country and even if I ate out as frequently as I did now the math wouldn't be the same.

yeah of coarse you can go to places with a cheaper cost of living and pay less at restaurants. you posistioned this thread as though these expenses are a built in cost of leaving in NYC and their not. Also it helps to be a savy consumer example would your bottled water expense. i have Cases of water delivered to my apt for a fraction of what they charge in stores. and there are a ton of food deals all over the city. 6th ave theres a spot where you can get Spanish rice and chicken for $4. theres deals like this all over the city.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Be an adult and don't know how to cook brehs.

"But I don't have time!!!! :damn:"

Then take 1 night out of the week and cook a week's worth of food. And/or get some pre-made frozen meals. There is good shyt out there.

FWIW I moved from NYC down south and eating out isn't that much cheaper :manny:

Yeah the prices he mentioned sound pretty normal for eating out.

Saturday I marinated 6 lbs of steak and spent 20 minutes cooking all of it on Sunday. That's lunch and dinner until Friday. I do that shyt because I got 40 hours of work, 1.5 hours a day for a commute :mjcry:, and 2/3 hours to spend at the gym per day.

OP isn't an adult yet :lolbron:

Daps
yeah of coarse you can go to places with a cheaper cost of living and pay less at restaurants. you posistioned this thread as though these expenses are a built in cost of leaving in NYC and their not. Also it helps to be a savy consumer example would your bottled water expense. i have Cases of water delivered to my apt for a fraction of what they charge in stores. and there are a ton of food deals all over the city. 6th ave theres a spot where you can get Spanish rice and chicken for $4. theres deals like this all over the city.

Let's slow down for a second lol...

How would somebody who works on Wall St or the east side know about some shyt on 6th Ave? Be practical Those who know are just those that know. The fact of the matter is there are certain things that cost what it is to help cover peoples leases. For every $1 pizza spot there is places where a slice is like upwards $3. shyt even McDonalds on average out here cost more than other parts of the country...there's always been a difference between BK prices and city prices hence why the coupons would say that they may not be applicable for manhattan

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You bugging OP big time.
Yeah the prices he mentioned sound pretty normal for eating out.

Saturday I marinated 6 lbs of steak and spent 20 minutes cooking all of it on Sunday. That's lunch and dinner until Friday. I do that shyt because I got 40 hours of work, 1.5 hours a day for a commute :mjcry:, and 2/3 hours to spend at the gym per day.

OP isn't an adult yet :lolbron:

Drop that marinade

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Y’all telling him to meal prep :what:

Meal prepping is for fakkits and women