Here's what people don't tell you about living in NYC...the rent kills but what gets you is...

GSR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
daygo
it’s called having a kitchen and knowing how to cook. the fukk? you think eating out is exclusive to new york?

this is a stupid ass thread.

and you “got hip” and started buying those water bottles by the pair for a deal.....

:mjlol:

how about buying an entire case, see how much that costs.....have you ever been in a grocery store?

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
the hell you doing at the gym for 2-3 hours daily? :dahell: i can see a couple days a week hitting for close to two hours, but you're at the gym daily, you should be in and out in an hr, 1.5 hours max if it's hella crowded, you bulshytting/taking hella rest, or you hit a long cardio cycle after a lift

yeah I do a long cardio cycle after lifting. Airdyne bike for 40 minutes, 25 second sprint, 35 seconds rest 40 times over. Sometimes I'll throw in 20 minutes of battle ropes.

I was a fat guy once and I ain't ever tryna go back :manny:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
You bugging OP big time.

Drop that marinade

large_13a934fe-700d-4a2d-b365-db74d0e22cf7.png

There's better stuff out there but I was just tryna recreate a chipolte meal

Daps
it’s called having a kitchen and knowing how to cook. the fukk? you think eating out is exclusive to new york?

this is a stupid ass thread.

and you “got hip” and started buying those water bottles by the pair for a deal.....

how about buying an entire case, see how much that costs.....have you ever been in a grocery store?

I am proud of that water thing I must admit :ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: GSR

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Food being an expense is a myth. You cant avoid paying high rent for the most part but there are many tricks and moves to avoid paying food expenses.

I would say that's true if you don't mind cooking most of the time or eating out at cheap take out spots which I do alot but it is still very expensive. Im a master at cheap eats but it adds up like crazy especially if you have a family.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
yeah I do a long cardio cycle after lifting. Airdyne bike for 40 minutes, 25 second sprint, 35 seconds rest 40 times over. Sometimes I'll throw in 20 minutes of battle ropes.

I was a fat guy once and I ain't ever tryna go back :manny:
seems like overkill still – food intake >>> exercise.

but :salute: for dropping the weight and maintaining an active lifestyle

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Yo hold up. Yall talkib like midtownn crazy expensive?

Breh. 53 n 8th. Chinese spot has HUGE lunch specials for 6 bucks. Its in a TUB thats twice as deep as jormal chinese takeout tupperware. I used to buy that shyt at lunch n have dinner and lunch off that 6 and a dollar water id rwfill at a fountain when i worked nights.

Alternate with the chicken/lamb and rice or gyro and occasional 5 dollar subway sandwhich. Deli sandwhich if im feeling famished n need something special.

Recession special at papaya aint no more than 4-5 dollars i bet still depending if its greys or a knockoff. I havent been there in a cpl years tho. 2 dogs with a drink. shyt used to be 2.75.

I didnt even bring up pizza. Yall them special slices typa guys. Bacon chicken ranch slices for 5 bucks n shyt. 2 plain and a drink. 5 bucks.

Spending 15 on lunch n 5 on breakfast plus tip is just lazy breh.

You cant get anything listed here cheaper anywhere else but nyc for most part. as a commuter its good eats. On the go living. The competition makes prices better. But like i said im not talking grocerys

Last edited:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
buying mothafukkin food man! This is like takeout Mecca out here. It's not uncommon to spend 20 dollars on food for one (15+3 for tip) multiple days out of the week.

You work in manhattan? Unless you living a Gordon gecko life and can expense shyt then you spending money everyday. More than likely you buy breakfast, lunch and depending on your hours sometimes dinner in the city too! No matter what you buy for breakfast your lucky if 5 dollars covers something to eat + a beverage

I'll give you an example...I've been buying the same big bottle of Poland spring for like 18 months. I buy 2 a day. I finally got hip some months ago and started buying them at the grocery store around my house for 2.75 for two. I was paying almost 4 dollars each for them buying them close to work for over a year! Did the math and I realized I spent over 1200 on water alone in the span

shyt is no joke and what people don't mention about living out here

You are a dumb mutherfukker huh?

You only spending like that cause you either lazy or stupid.

How you think those broke ass Dominicans in the heights are living? They eating mangu for breakfast with coffee, taking lunch to work and eating arroz con pollo for dinner.

Spending G’s on food is stupid.

• Dap
Reactions: Paz

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo hold up. Yall talkib like midtownn crazy expensive?

Breh. 53 n 8th. Chinese spot has HUGE lunch specials for 6 bucks. Its in a TUB thats twice as deep as jormal chinese takeout tupperware. I used to buy that shyt at lunch n have dinner and lunch off that 6 and a dollar water id rwfill at a fountain when i worked nights.

Alternate with the chicken/lamb and rice or gyro and occasional 5 dollar subway sandwhich. Deli sandwhich if im feeling famished n need something special.

Recession special at papaya aint no more than 4-5 dollars i bet still depending if its greys or a knockoff. I havent been there in a cpl years tho. 2 dogs with a drink. shyt used to be 2.75.

I didnt even bring up pizza. Yall them special slices typa guys. Bacon chicken ranch slices for 5 bucks n shyt. 2 plain and a drink. 5 bucks.

Spending 15 on lunch n 5 on breakfast plus tip is just lazy breh.

You cant get anything listed here cheaper anywhere else but nyc for most part. as a commuter its good eats. On the go living. The competition makes prices better. But like i said im not talking grocerys

Don't even know why anybody would want to eat out regularly anyway knowing how unsanitary a lot of food spots are to begin with. Paying for a potential case of food poisoning. Hope you got good insurance. Otherwise you best learn to flick that wrist in the kitchen on a budget :ufdup:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
I mentioned that before. What I also said was I switched up how I buy water so I save on that. I don't want a filter because I'm a firm believer in all water tasting different. I like how Poland Spring taste so that's what I stay with.

My biggest gripe with food is the amount of money it can be and sometimes it's nasty. I've always spent on food and I was able to budget out other things that weren't as important to me.

I'm noticing people mentioning links of food spots and the first one I click on is in crown heights..I live uptown lol if there was some app to put me on to cheap good shyt in the proximity I'm in at the moment then I'm for it

Poland spring is worst tasting water of all times

Deer Park>>>>>

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
You need a stay at home wife.

People trip but eating out everyday can be expensive. And unhealthy. That's why I stopped. When ur broke u wanna reward urself with food and ambience.

I eat out maybe one meal a week and my friend and I have saved about $1900 over 3 months.

Learn how to cook fresh food and groceries are dirt cheap. Buy some breakfast stuff and start cooking ur foods.
What u cook at home is tastier and healthier anyway.
Start next week. Grab some eggs and some tortillas. Onions and peppers, portabello mushrooms and marinate them.

Make marinated portobello burritos (vegan), add egg or other protein if not. Buy some foil so u can take em on the go.
$10 for an entire week worth of breakfast meals. Add almond milk and cereal for $5 and that's $15 for a variety of breakfasts for a week.

Lunch-Portobello mushroom, pesto and sundried tomato panini with grilled onions.
Dinner-veggie or regular lasagna or stuffed peppers or homemade mac and cheese (u can make vegan cheese from nuts btw) or fajitas or a million other things.

Hell once u make dinner u can honestly take left overs for lunch the next day.

Save towards a goal and reward urself with that instead of eating out. It's the devil!

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Every time I am in NY, I feel there are so many dope food spots, I end up overwhelmed, and trying to eat like a half dozen smaller meals every day just to try as much as I can.

Last time in November, 3 days

Fried duck and chicken with Rice, off Chrystie street in LES, near China Town

Dinner at Public Kitchen

Turkish spot in downtown Brooklyn

Donut Spot near Barclays

Sweet Chick on Atlantic

My favorite taco stand in Chelsea Market

Street tacos

Mommofuko

Turkish spot near Washington Square Park

and I was still contemplating grabbing a sandwich at a Jewish deli before I left lol