Here's what people don't tell you about living in NYC...the rent kills but what gets you is...

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do have a problem I make no bones about that. When the weekend comes I'm trying to eat on some regal shyt.

No doubt. If it's cutting into your pockets then just scale back slowly. We used to do Friday, Staurday, and Sunday eating out. Then we wanted to save for a house so we cut to two days. Then we moved in and now we're at 1.

I like to cook tho so it may be easier in my case

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
buying mothafukkin food man! This is like takeout Mecca out here. It's not uncommon to spend 20 dollars on food for one (15+3 for tip) multiple days out of the week.

You work in manhattan? Unless you living a Gordon gecko life and can expense shyt then you spending money everyday. More than likely you buy breakfast, lunch and depending on your hours sometimes dinner in the city too! No matter what you buy for breakfast your lucky if 5 dollars covers something to eat + a beverage

I'll give you an example...I've been buying the same big bottle of Poland spring for like 18 months. I buy 2 a day. I finally got hip some months ago and started buying them at the grocery store around my house for 2.75 for two. I was paying almost 4 dollars each for them buying them close to work for over a year! Did the math and I realized I spent over 1200 on water alone in the span

shyt is no joke and what people don't mention about living out here
24-32 pack cases of water are 3-5 dollars max.

A sucker is born everyday and New York is a great place to be exposed :sas1:

Last edited:

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Why don't you meal prep? And take your breakfast and lunch to work?

Why are you buying water? NYC has the best tap water to drink. I literally only buy water if I'm out if town.

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
whatever you like to eat, google how to make it... seriously. chances are, it's a lot easier than you think. buy non-perishables online from amazon/whole foods/walmart.

if i could find a chick who was down, i would honestly never go to restaurants and just cook what wanted to together. but you know few are down for that... :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
buying mothafukkin food man! This is like takeout Mecca out here. It's not uncommon to spend 20 dollars on food for one (15+3 for tip) multiple days out of the week.

That your choice. If you buy actual groceries and and cook twice a week you can cover your lunches and dinners that way for the low. for breakfast you can have ceral/oatmeal/fruit/ etc. I can keep my weekly food expense to $50 If I want to and still eat good/plentiful and healthy because i know how to cook

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is true from what I noticed when I visited there. Like, even if you meal prepped, simple everyday food items and toiletries were way more expensive than normal. This wasn't just in the touristy areas either.

Amazon fresh/Amazon Pantry/Amazon prime/Jet.com

What the fukk are you eating that costs $20 for one person daily.

Breakfast in midtown : Bagel sandwich $5+ $2 tip
lunch in midtown: salmon w/ brown rice and brocolli $13 plus tax +$2 tip

personally i cook and the math above is the reason why

Last edited:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Idk bro i find food in nyc to be cheaper (except straight groceries) for the most part.

For example. If i walk down the block and grab some halal chicken n rice in manhattan on 8th ave , that ahit will be 5 bucks even.

Same meal in jersey is 10 bucks.

Chinese too. I grab a lunch spwcial general tso chicken and for 7 bucks i get TWICE what i would get from a dinner general tsos in jersey.

Plus with all the options to eat... i feel no city is better for food than nycn i can get a nice boars head sammich for a good price at any time of night instead of processed wawa bullshyt here in jerz cuz nuttin open passed 11.

Maybe your buying at whole foods or aomethin but food in nyc is def cheaper than eating out here where i am now and the choices are endless versus this menu i got now of “wawa, mcdonalds, bk, chinese, kfc”.

Give me nyc food anyday

Daps
That your choice. If you buy actual groceries and and cook twice a week you can cover your lunches and dinners that way for the low. for breakfast you can have ceral/oatmeal/fruit/ etc. I can keep my weekly food expense to $50 If I want to and still eat good/plentiful and healthy because i know how to cook

That it is. A place like this has tons of choices. The point of this thread is I bet I can go other places in the country and even if I ate out as frequently as I did now the math wouldn't be the same.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i have no idea where you working, but if they not giving up free water, you should get another job OP.

but on the real, this shyt aint for everybody.

as far as going other places in the country, if you can't make it in nyc..... you should just bounce