Here's what people don't tell you about living in NYC...the rent kills but what gets you is...

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Never heard of it
these are the auto-suggestions, you know it's bad :francis: consider yourself lucky
2uhr3nk.png

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Spicy crockpot lentil and potato soup and Greek salad with roasted veggie pitas. Homemade dressing.

It sounds good and fancy but it's as simple as putting potatoes, an ass of spices (cumin, garlic, onion powder, turmeric, ginger, pepper and sea salt), lentils and vegetable broth and leftover veggies in a crockpot and letting them simmer.

Salad is just chopped veggies tossed seasoned oil and balsamic vinegar.
Marinated mushrooms, peppers, onions, in a pita.

Literally take 10 mins to put together and barely any dishes to do afterward. (Which is important to me...)

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Spicy crockpot lentil and potato soup and Greek salad with roasted veggie pitas. Homemade dressing.

It sounds good and fancy but it's as simple as putting potatoes, an ass of spices (cumin, garlic, onion powder, turmeric, ginger, pepper and sea salt), lentils and vegetable broth and leftover veggies in a crockpot and letting them simmer.

Salad is just chopped veggies tossed seasoned oil and balsamic vinegar.
Marinated mushrooms, peppers, onions, in a pita.

Literally take 10 mins to put together and barely any dishes to do afterward. (Which is important to me...)

bp1gr_s-200x150.gif

I eat my salad raw no dressing needed

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
buying mothafukkin food man! This is like takeout Mecca out here. It's not uncommon to spend 20 dollars on food for one (15+3 for tip) multiple days out of the week.

You work in manhattan? Unless you living a Gordon gecko life and can expense shyt then you spending money everyday. More than likely you buy breakfast, lunch and depending on your hours sometimes dinner in the city too! No matter what you buy for breakfast your lucky if 5 dollars covers something to eat + a beverage

I'll give you an example...I've been buying the same big bottle of Poland spring for like 18 months. I buy 2 a day. I finally got hip some months ago and started buying them at the grocery store around my house for 2.75 for two. I was paying almost 4 dollars each for them buying them close to work for over a year! Did the math and I realized I spent over 1200 on water alone in the span

shyt is no joke and what people don't mention about living out here
15+3 for a tip? You tipping when you take out ? I always thought of myself as a good tipper but I don't tip if I'm taking out

Mim-Wage Baller

ASAPdemon
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The key to living in NYC is to explore the cheap but quality spots and stop being lazy with getting takeout. NYC punishes laziness. :yeshrug:. Live below your means for a while and you'll see the difference.