Here's what people don't tell you about living in NYC...the rent kills but what gets you is...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How would somebody who works on Wall St or the east side know about some shyt on 6th Ave?

I gave that as an example. There are $5 eat spots anywhere where there are jobs in this city

Let's slow down for a second lol...

Those who know are just those that know.

Any savy new yorker knows this and any transplant with an internet connection has access to this information

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be an adult and don't know how to cook brehs.

"But I don't have time!!!! :damn:"

Then take 1 night out of the week and cook a week's worth of food. And/or get some pre-made frozen meals. There is good shyt out there.

FWIW I moved from NYC down south and eating out isn't that much cheaper :manny:

Exactly what I thought upon seeing the op yesterday

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Get a nice lil Tupperware set with a cooler bag.

Precook your meat(s) for the week on Sunday and buy frozen sides to microwave with em.

Get an nice insulated water bottle on amazon and buy cases then leave the bottles in the fridge so the water stays cold all day. Problem solved.

I make and freeze my protein / fruit and vegetable smoothies for the week so I don’t have to spend on them joints either.

I work and live near downtown Chicago and yes the meals will get you if you dumb enough to pay for em daily. No reason not to take a couple of hours to set yourself up for the week and eat healthier on top of saving hundreds monthly.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
brought my lunch today and ate it before lunch lol

I go home on my lunch and grab something however I have the luxury of living real close to where I work ( 2 miles). If I do have to eat out, there a few options.

Mid town Manhattan lifestyle going to have you on 30th st real quick

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
buying mothafukkin food man! This is like takeout Mecca out here. It's not uncommon to spend 20 dollars on food for one (15+3 for tip) multiple days out of the week.

You work in manhattan? Unless you living a Gordon gecko life and can expense shyt then you spending money everyday. More than likely you buy breakfast, lunch and depending on your hours sometimes dinner in the city too! No matter what you buy for breakfast your lucky if 5 dollars covers something to eat + a beverage

I'll give you an example...I've been buying the same big bottle of Poland spring for like 18 months. I buy 2 a day. I finally got hip some months ago and started buying them at the grocery store around my house for 2.75 for two. I was paying almost 4 dollars each for them buying them close to work for over a year! Did the math and I realized I spent over 1200 on water alone in the span

shyt is no joke and what people don't mention about living out here
You could use a Brita water filter and drink tap water through it.
Or set up a gofundme page for water, rent, and/or a car.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
buying mothafukkin food man! This is like takeout Mecca out here. It's not uncommon to spend 20 dollars on food for one (15+3 for tip) multiple days out of the week.

You work in manhattan? Unless you living a Gordon gecko life and can expense shyt then you spending money everyday. More than likely you buy breakfast, lunch and depending on your hours sometimes dinner in the city too! No matter what you buy for breakfast your lucky if 5 dollars covers something to eat + a beverage

I'll give you an example...I've been buying the same big bottle of Poland spring for like 18 months. I buy 2 a day. I finally got hip some months ago and started buying them at the grocery store around my house for 2.75 for two. I was paying almost 4 dollars each for them buying them close to work for over a year! Did the math and I realized I spent over 1200 on water alone in the span

shyt is no joke and what people don't mention about living out here

buying food actually drains the pockets of most Americans no matter what city you are in. Thats because eating out is generally more pricey than cooking your own food. You should learn to meal prep.

Heres some advice. Learn to cook, filter your water and bring that to work and save money.
I use to work in Manhattan also and I was fortunate enough to have a water fountain in the office. I would buy one bottle and refill it for like 2 weeks straight.

Since i was a baby Manhattan was always known for pricing everything extra. When candy was 50 cents in Brooklyn/Queens it was 75 cents in Manhattan.

Last edited: