Has there been a widely successful brand new Triple A IP 3rd party game in the last few years?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean...it's a common trope internet wide and also seen here in the Arcadium that console gamers are "peasants" and in some way or another deprived of a true gaming experience. I could dig through the original question you're referencing but I'll just restate what I've stated many times before while trying to not completely antagonize the PC hive mind into a blind frenzy.
I've never stated there are no must play games on PC. I simply asked what are the must play games on PC that I can't play on a console.
When PC gamers scream "PC Master Race! Console Peasants!", I'm genuinely interested in what those amazing games they're playing that I am not.
I don't even enjoy playing a video game on a monitor at a desk to begin with let alone in 2K resolution to brag about 240fps.
I love the experience I get on my 65" LG OLED sitting at my couch with my 7.1 surround sound system.
I'm on record in this forum with my stance on more "P's and FPS's" isn't the end all be all to me.
Sure, I understand the benefit of more frames a second vs resolution, but at the end of the day, if we're all just playing the same games, then I'm always going to revert to the $500 console that gives me amazing graphics, great FPS, and is plug and play every single time.
I bought a gaming PC last year (or a little over last year). I don't recall the exact specs at the moment but it has a 3080 video card, 48 gigs of ram, and I forget the processor but it's a Ryzen something or other. Point being, I spent a few weeks down the steam, GOG, epic, rabbit holes and was having a hard time finding games I hadn't played before....and the games I did play before...the experience was not so much better that I ever even considered playing on PC over console. Skins, mods, etc, don't do it for me. That's cool for the people that care about that. For me, the conversation is simple...and it's consistent with my Sony stannery...what exclusives are we talking about when we say this console/platform is better than the other because when we speak about multiplats the conversation is less interesting to me. Stans...on all sides...but more so PC Stans...would like to pretend the PC to Console gap is like you guys are playing Ready Player One and we are still playing Pong on Atari.

Edit:
Someone recommended Black Mesa to me a couple months ago and I absolutely love that game.
Arma is a fantastic game as well.
Then there's Star Craft 2 which I enjoy quite a bit.
“PC master race” is about playing the same games, just better.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I mean...it's a common trope internet wide and also seen here in the Arcadium that console gamers are "peasants" and in some way or another deprived of a true gaming experience. I could dig through the original question you're referencing but I'll just restate what I've stated many times before while trying to not completely antagonize the PC hive mind into a blind frenzy.
I've never stated there are no must play games on PC. I simply asked what are the must play games on PC that I can't play on a console.
When PC gamers scream "PC Master Race! Console Peasants!", I'm genuinely interested in what those amazing games they're playing that I am not.
I don't even enjoy playing a video game on a monitor at a desk to begin with let alone in 2K resolution to brag about 240fps.
I love the experience I get on my 65" LG OLED sitting at my couch with my 7.1 surround sound system.
I'm on record in this forum with my stance on more "P's and FPS's" isn't the end all be all to me.
Sure, I understand the benefit of more frames a second vs resolution, but at the end of the day, if we're all just playing the same games, then I'm always going to revert to the $500 console that gives me amazing graphics, great FPS, and is plug and play every single time.
I bought a gaming PC last year (or a little over last year). I don't recall the exact specs at the moment but it has a 3080 video card, 48 gigs of ram, and I forget the processor but it's a Ryzen something or other. Point being, I spent a few weeks down the steam, GOG, epic, rabbit holes and was having a hard time finding games I hadn't played before....and the games I did play before...the experience was not so much better that I ever even considered playing on PC over console. Skins, mods, etc, don't do it for me. That's cool for the people that care about that. For me, the conversation is simple...and it's consistent with my Sony stannery...what exclusives are we talking about when we say this console/platform is better than the other because when we speak about multiplats the conversation is less interesting to me. Stans...on all sides...but more so PC Stans...would like to pretend the PC to Console gap is like you guys are playing Ready Player One and we are still playing Pong on Atari.

Edit:
Someone recommended Black Mesa to me a couple months ago and I absolutely love that game.
Arma is a fantastic game as well.
Then there's Star Craft 2 which I enjoy quite a bit.
Yeah, I agree with that almost 100%. . However, does your keyboard not have an 'Enter' button breh?
“PC master race” is about playing the same games, just better.

Yeah, but that "better" is kinda subjective and to a good degree, to some folks, like Revy and myself (I honestly think you too even), that subjectivity is due to the diminishing returns that that brings. The only disparity that's wide enough between console and pc is the upfront money costs. Everything else is negligible at best, even the discounts and "free online" talks. Different convo for a different thread tho, lol.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean the high spec requirements and bad optimization the game was bound to fail.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I think he means games that are exclusively PC. Every game you just listed, almont none of them do you need a PC to play. And I get to some that's not the point...but if that's the point of the question then.....
I posted it because I've asked him before and he was going to say exclusives and I already had a conversation with him about that in another thread but again he asks the question...let me see if I can find the quote where I answered it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Elden Ring is a new IP huh :mjlol:. Each new Zelda or FF release has more new assets and gameplay than ER compared to Dark Souls. But if we being technical I guess it is.

Yall say this like dark souls were the most popular-casual friendly games in the world before elden ring came out. Half the people who bought elden ring probably never played a dark souls game before.

It is 100% a new IP just like Starfield is

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah, I agree with that almost 100%. . However, does your keyboard not have an 'Enter' button breh?

Yeah, but that "better" is kinda subjective and to a good degree, to some folks, like Revy and myself (I honestly think you too even), that subjectivity is due to the diminishing returns that that brings. The only disparity that's wide enough between console and pc is the upfront money costs. Everything else is negligible at best, even the discounts and "free online" talks. Different convo for a different thread tho, lol.
I agree with you here, was just clearing it up for @Kamikaze Revy

I’ve dabbled in the master race on and off over the years.

Spending time and money on game performance is like the hobby itself, actually playing the games is almost secondary.

If you don’t get enjoyment out of the pursuit and accomplishment of top performance, then it’s not worth it imo.

There was a time in my life where i did get enjoyment out of it. Right now, i just wanna play games :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yall say this like dark souls were the most popular-casual friendly games in the world before elden ring came out. Half the people who bought elden ring probably never played a dark souls game before.

It is 100% a new IP just like Starfield is
Skyrim in space
Dark souls in an open world.

Both games had a legacy of built in fans and hype to stand on.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Elden Ring is a new IP huh :mjlol:. Each new Zelda or FF release has more new assets and gameplay than ER compared to Dark Souls. But if we being technical I guess it is.

think that was TMT's point, but it still is a new IP Nevertheless.

Dark Souls on a horse in open world. :pachaha:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
7z9py5.jpg

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
A lot of multiplatform games are completely different experiences on PC - not just due to the higher fidelity or performance, but often times due to different features or how open the platform is and how that can turn a game into something else (ex. role playing in GTA, private servers for MMOs, or completely custom games like that BF3 mil sim game).