Has there been a widely successful brand new Triple A IP 3rd party game in the last few years?

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Don't know how anyone involved with aveum expected that shyt to hit when barely anyone knew it existed a month out from release. That quick stealth drop works if you're a small studio and ready to do grass roots style word of mouth promo. Game like this needed to sell millions and idk how anyone looked at it like yeah its gonna do that. This industry is full sickos and most of them are in upper management.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I still gotta try control looks good
It's good, but can be frustrating at times. Some of the side quest bosses are cheap, cheap. I liked the story, but I like X-Files type shyt. It still looks amazing and it came out last generation. It's a game I ended up liking a lot at times, but also hated a lot at times. Like I mentioned before, some of the side quest bosses can be cheap as hell. It took me like 50 times to beat one side quest boss, and I didn't even bother beating another side quest because the boss shyt was so fukking frustrating. The main quest is fine though, so you don't have to be bothered with the annoying side quest bosses if you don't want (but you might want the story, as the lore is really good in this game). The map is also complete trash, and you will have to read signs to get anywhere. You will definitely feel lost and annoyed at times with navigating, but it's doable.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is new enough that it should count. While it's set in the Star Wars universe it's not a sequel to anything.