Has there been a widely successful brand new Triple A IP 3rd party game in the last few years?

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Your quotes contradict your initial response to me in this thread that lead down this spiral of nothing lol.
I didn’t bring up pc anything in this thread, you did by misquoting me. I never said PC has no games.
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it? :huhldup:
No it did. You chose to ignore our last conversation and tried to do that exclusive bullshyt and I even humored you and answered the question as you asked it and gave you a list. Others interjected with your "exclusives" shyt and I had to show why I put non exclusives there cuz at this point there's no reason to repeat myself and you'll just go back and the same question again later on like you did here.

:mjlol:
I bought the PC for my video production business. It served that purpose very well until I replaced it with an M2 Max Max Studio.
I brought the pc home to round out my gaming set ups. Have been underwhelmed with the amount of exclusive content for pc, which is a statement that seemingly continues to wound pc Stans
:mjlol: just stop. You don't understand PC gaming. That's not what it's about. For the umpteenth time my guy. PC gamers don't even argue exclusives as a major reason as to why it's better than console. Those people who are getting upset are likely only doing so at the absurdity of the statement in itself...people who play pc do not care about exclusivity l.Almost all new AAA and AA games in the modern era are designed with consoles in mind and ported to PC. There's other reason people prefer pc which I already explained

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No it did. You chose to ignore our last conversation and tried to do that exclusive bullshyt and I even humored you and answered the question as you asked it and gave you a list. Others interjected with your "exclusives" shyt and I had to show why I put non exclusives there cuz at this point there's no reason to repeat myself and you'll just go back and the same question again later on like you did here.

:mjlol:

:mjlol: just stop. You don't understand PC gaming. That's not what it's about. For the umpteenth time my guy. PC gamers don't even argue exclusives as a major reason as to why it's better than console. Those people who are getting upset are likely only doing so at the absurdity of the statement in itself...people who play pc do not care about exclusivity l.Almost all new AAA and AA games in the modern era are designed with consoles in mind and ported to PC. There's other reason people prefer pc which I already explained
:mjlol:I just wanted game recommendations for my PC and instead I got feelings. Forgive me breh.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Games being used to criticize other games been happening since double dragon/river city Ransom and Mario/Sonic and many other games in all genres.

I do agree in this day a lot of gamers don’t give new ips a chance like they used to. Personally I’m always looking for something different and I support by spreading the word and buying. The Arcadium would be better if we talked more about new and different games rather than constantly bringing up console wars.

I think there’s enough space for both but I see most of us only play recognizable games. Even myself, there’s been some games I didn’t think were good at first glance but people like @42 Monks
@The Mad Titan and even you meach have spoke on indie games and I later checked them out and enjoyed them.

As far as Starfield is concerned that game was going to be heavily scrutinized from the jump even if it was on PlayStation. Maybe not as much but it’s Bethesda, people view their games just like Ubisoft

Another example is Lies of P I’ve taken shots at that game but the more I look at it the more I realize it’s probably a game I’ll like so I’ll give it a shot come end of the year
Yeah, it’s not new but the way social media can influence a games success is new.

Lots of the times the difference between a failed game and a successful one is a couple influencers, reviewers, games writers attaching themselves to a hype/hate campaign for a game. That’s a very uncomfortable proposition when you think about how much is cost to produce a game.

Our creators who bravely and intentionally release their visions to the world, particularly in the current culture of criticism and cancellation
Phil spencer got a lot of flack for this comment, but i think he was spot on. Almost every game comes with some reason some group of people are trying to tear it down. New IP usually can’t withstand this environment unless it just gets lucky and falls on the hype side of things.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't even enjoy playing a video game on a monitor at a desk to begin with let alone in 2K resolution to brag about 240fps.
I love the experience I get on my 65" LG OLED sitting at my couch with my 7.1 surround sound system.
You dont have to play PC on a monitor. You know them lil hdmi ports on the gpu? Ya, them shyts can connect to a TV. how do you do it? You plug one end of the hdmi cable to the back of the PC, then plug the other end into the TV. Just like a console :skip:

I pc game on my 55 inch LG CX

Its the same bad faith argument i hear when people say, “i dont wanna game on a mouse and keyboard.” Whats stopping you from using a controller? Duelsense, Switch Pro, Xbox controllers work fine and dandy on PC:skip:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You dont have to play PC on a monitor. You know them lil hdmi ports on the gpu? Ya, them shyts can connect to a TV. how do you do it? You plug one end of the hdmi cable to the back of the PC, then plug the other end into the TV. Just like a console :skip:

Its the same bad faith argument i hear when people say, “i dont wanna game on a mouse and keyboard.” Whats stopping you from using a controller? Duelsense, Switch Pro, Xbox controllers work fine and dandy on PC:skip:
And lose the ability to play at 400fps 720p resolution??? Blasphemy sir.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION

He doesn’t know how lol

Probably can't even beat pokemon yellow :russ:

Unlike me I caught mew

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@madt
7z9py5.jpg
:ohhh:Holy fukk you right these types of games video gamers that live on the Internet go nuts for:russ: you got it down to T:sadcam:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Like what mechanics you got in mind? I can only really think of features that pertain to open world games
i dont know...maybe a new take on an old type of game, like how fighting games went from street fighter (2D) to virtua fighter (3d) to darkstalkers (anime) to smash bros (platform) where each of those games fundamentally changed the genre. so in this case smash bros is old IP that introduced new mechanics to fighting games.