Has Sony surpassed Nintendo in 1st party IPs?

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I would argue that Knack and Knack 2 are better than Super Mario Odyssey.:sas1:

But we not ready for that discussion.:sas2:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You aint call any of it out either "clown" I guess it fits your narrative.

Op made a list, I made a counter list.

you in here talking about being able to find certain "experiences" on this or that system moving the goal post all around :mjlol:

Didn't have to cuz I was sticking with current shyt, cuz it's where it's at today. And once again, even most of those still got a sequel or two and were actually good. You made a counter list half-filled with some sub-mid ass games just cuz you feeling like they relevant today as Smash characters and cuz of rose tinted nostalgia googles. Stop it. You can do better than this.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Im a fan of Nintendo but
DarlingFrigidGoral-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, same. Nintendo is a kid and casual's console. All in all, there's nothing wrong with that really, unless you want more than that really.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't have to cuz I was sticking with current shyt, cuz it's where it's at today. And once again, even most of those still got a sequel or two and were actually good. You made a counter list half-filled with some sub-mid ass games just cuz you feeling like they relevant today as Smash characters and cuz of rose tinted nostalgia googles. Stop it. You can do better than this.
Smash is probably one of the most relevant games to drop in the last couple years, it's a GOTY winner, over 22 million sales crushing any IP from Sony and has thousands of people waiting on reveals for each character....

You can like what you like but the reason people buy Nintendo is because of there Ip's and quality of games. The reason people buy playstation is because of there exclusives.

They opened a Mario world them park... You have to have a CRAZY strong IP to do that. That's something Sony nor micro will be doing anytime soon nor would anyone want to go to outside of stans.

NO sony has not surpassed nintendo in 1st part ips.

Plan and simple, yall can debate about the specifics of that all you want.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Hmm.. I’m gonna have to say no.

Nintendo’s big ip’s are too iconic to ever really be surpassed at this point. Not to mention they have classics on classics across several genres. Sony on the other hand, really only specializes in making one type of game (cinematic 3rd person action-adventure)

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I dont get why Nintendo gets so much praise , when they been relying on the same ip since day 1.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
No, I went completely logic rationale here. I may not have name dropped software for software, but that's because what I did post was overall picture, which is inclusive of software. Their 1st party offerings truly started to shine on PS3 which is how it dig itself out of its grave, thus revolutionizing their brand. Think bigger.

Like, how you outchea naming old ass games as if they're relevant for today? You want a post about software specifically? Okay breh. In today's world, while you can give Nintendo credit for games like BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Smash as being great games, they only cover smaller segments of gaming overall and areas that Sony's 1st party also covers, if not doubly so. Whether or not you think that there aren't any Playstation 1st party exclusives that compare to those games, the reality of the matter is, they still have games that are comparative to those very games while also having games, current games, that Nintendo doesn't have comparative games to. Sony covers casuals and hardcore with their current line up. You want Mario like platformers, you got LBP/Sackboy, Astrobot and Ratchet & Clank games. But where are the current Nintendo 1st party games that compare to the like of something like Dreams, which is casual friendly, but also a sheer content creator that goes outside of just mario platformer only types, so Mario Maker 2 don't really cut it comparatively. Where are the more challenging games to the likes of Demon's Souls at on Nintendo? Or something more action orientated like GoW or TLOU? What about superhero games? Playstation has both Spiderman and Infamous series. Does Nintendo have any 1st party superhero games? Not really. BOTW is Nintendo's shining open world game, true, but Playstation has that genre covered too with two of their own 1st party joints in Horizon and Ghosts of Tshushima. Only genre that Nintendo 1st party genre that they exclusively got ya'll covered in is that Animal Crossing shyt. Sales like hotcakes for sure, but it's a game essentially about nothing and is the epitome of casual. Imagine that, Championing a genre of casual nothingness as must have game that you can't get anywhere else as a reason to say that their 1st party games are king.

Nintendo games are fun and all no doubt, but small in scope of focus. Everyone loves some casual cake from time to time, but I when I want to eat, I want my gaming diet to beyond simply sugar n shyt. Desserts do not make a full course meal.
This is how I know you are lying when you continue to say there's nothing to play on Nintendo platforms and swear you owned those system.:duck:Credibility already lost. And you wanna highlight LBP and Dreams? lmaooooooooooooooooo

How you gonna say an IP like Splatoon that just sold 10 million and only has 2 installments is rehash then prop up games like LPB, Dreams, and that literally nobody gives a fukk about. You wanna know why those devs keeping making new IP? Because none of that shyt sticks. 4 gens and not one iconic IP in Sony's stable and only a handful on pillar/defining games. Go ahead. Tell me I'm lying...

nikkas are literally out here hyping up Kojima walking simulators but wanna talk down on other IP? :stopitslime:Sit down lil nikka.Nobody gives a damn about most of those Sony games and Sony will be looking for marketing deals like they always do. Sony has like 4 studios getting actually tread out here and the rest of those Killzones, Concrete Genies, etc are trash. And Horizon and BOTW dropped the same year...and I bet everyone here knows which one not only sold more but reviewed and received better too.:russ:

And on top of all that, all those great games you swear Sony has got stomped out on the charts for the last 3 years by Switch 1st party games despite the lower install base of the latter. Wii ports at that, but like I said you wouldnt know because you dont play those games and just repeat what you see on tranny forums. Delusional and trying to prop up 3rd party boxes. Fake it to you make it ass nikka :snoop: :smh:
And I'm still waiting on those industry leading PS1, 2, and 3 1st software lineups .:laff: Matter fact just stop before you embarrass yourself even more.

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Smash is probably one of the most relevant games to drop in the last couple years, it's a GOTY winner, over 22 million sales crushing any IP from Sony and has thousands of people waiting on reveals for each character....

You can like what you like but the reason people buy Nintendo is because of there Ip's and quality of games. The reason people buy playstation is because of there exclusives.

They opened a Mario world them park... You have to have a CRAZY strong IP to do that. That's something Sony nor micro will be doing anytime soon nor would anyone want to go to outside of stans.

NO sony has not surpassed nintendo in 1st part ips.

Plan and simple, yall can debate about the specifics of that all you want.

They can have the more "iconic" IP (really just 3 IPs that are on that), but their IPs aren't the better games. Travis Scott got his own McDonald's burger. He not a better rapper than Nas tho.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Just played with the ice climbers last month in smash. What new game you played with ape escape characters :mjlol:
:skip: nikkas only know them from smash. That's the point. You naming their games like nikkas was playing them.

:unimpressed: Ape characters were in Bomberman the same year that smash dropped.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
This is how I know you are lying when you continue to say there's nothing to play on Nintendo platforms and swear you owned those system.:duck:Credibility already lost. And you wanna highlight LBP and Dreams? lmaooooooooooooooooo

How you gonna say an IP like Splatoon that just sold 10 million and only has 2 installments is rehash then prop up games like LPB, Dreams, and that literally nobody gives a fukk about. You wanna know why those devs keeping making new IP? Because none of that shyt sticks. 4 gens and not one iconic IP in Sony's stable and only a handful on pillar/defining games. Go ahead. Tell me I'm lying...

nikkas are literally out here hyping up Kojima walking simulators but wanna talk down on other IP? :stopitslime:Sit down lil nikka.Nobody gives a damn about most of those Sony games and Sony will be looking for marketing deals like they always do. Sony has like 4 studios getting actually tread out here and the rest of those Killzones, Concrete Genies, etc are trash. And Horizon and BOTW dropped the same year...and I bet everyone here know which one not only sold more and was better received.:russ:

And on top of all that, all those great games you swear Sony has got stomped out on the charts for the last 3 years by Switch 1st party games despite the lower install base of the latter. Wii ports at that, but like I said you wouldnt know because you dont play those games and just repeat what you see on tranny forums. Delusional and trying to prop up 3rd party boxes. Fake it to you make it ass nikka :snoop: :smh:
And I'm still waiting on those industry leading PS1, 2, and 3 1st software lineups .:laff: Matter fact just stop before you embarrass yourself even more.
:patrice: You not really qualified to speak on this.