Has Sony surpassed Nintendo in 1st party IPs?

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
lol duh
Nintendo = some iteration of Mario/Zelda/Pikmin/Pokemon
if you think about it, they're even worse than Xbox

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Just to be clear not talking sales

But since people keep bringing it up..gow, hzd, uncharted 4 and lou2 have outsold every nintendo title this past gen besides botw, mario kart, pokemon and mario odyssey

We talking 10mil or more sold

Sonys ips are selling just as much as the gta and cod

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Just to be clear not talking sales

But since people keep bringing it up..gow, hzd, uncharted 4 and lou2 have outsold every nintendo title this past gen besides botw, mario kart, pokemon and mario odyssey

We talking 10mil or more sold

Sonys ips are selling just as much as the gta and cod
:whoa:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Essentially this. They are simply targeting different audiences.

Nintendo’s first party IP’s does cover more genres then Sonys.

Also more then half of the IP’s that the OP posted are kind of irrelevant. It’s like a Nintendo fan boasting about F-Zero.

Not entirely accurate. Nintendo only covers a particular audience or two, namely kids and casuals. Sony caters to those as well and pretty much goes for an all-around coverage.

Not really, especially not lately.

Your last sentiment is true tho.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
the highest selling games for Playstation are still GTA, COD, etc. the exclusives might be why someone choose Playstation over Xbox, but multiplatform games are still the bread and butter. no one buys a Nintendo console to play multiplatform games

Why ya'll bum ass nikkas always only rely on sales? Since when does sales definitively equate to quality? Twilight movies outsold every Quentin Tarintino movie. Does that make them better movies than Pulp Fiction & The Hateful Eight? Hell no.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You went complete fanboy here. Having a preference is fine, but the topic is about software and half ur post has nothing to do with that .

I think most would agree that games like Mario 64, OOT, and Melee are pillar games in their genres. Are there 1st party Ps1 and 2 games I didnt play that are on that level?

And I'm look at this list from GB and while there are some good games, revolutionary isn't the word I would use to describe the that PS3 lineup.:ld:

No, I went completely logic rationale here. I may not have name dropped software for software, but that's because what I did post was overall picture, which is inclusive of software. Their 1st party offerings truly started to shine on PS3 which is how it dig itself out of its grave, thus revolutionizing their brand. Think bigger.

Like, how you outchea naming old ass games as if they're relevant for today? You want a post about software specifically? Okay breh. In today's world, while you can give Nintendo credit for games like BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Smash as being great games, they only cover smaller segments of gaming overall and areas that Sony's 1st party also covers, if not doubly so. Whether or not you think that there aren't any Playstation 1st party exclusives that compare to those games, the reality of the matter is, they still have games that are comparative to those very games while also having games, current games, that Nintendo doesn't have comparative games to. Sony covers casuals and hardcore with their current line up. You want Mario like platformers, you got LBP/Sackboy, Astrobot and Ratchet & Clank games. But where are the current Nintendo 1st party games that compare to the like of something like Dreams, which is casual friendly, but also a sheer content creator that goes outside of just mario platformer only types, so Mario Maker 2 don't really cut it comparatively. Where are the more challenging games to the likes of Demon's Souls at on Nintendo? Or something more action orientated like GoW or TLOU? What about superhero games? Playstation has both Spiderman and Infamous series. Does Nintendo have any 1st party superhero games? Not really. BOTW is Nintendo's shining open world game, true, but Playstation has that genre covered too with two of their own 1st party joints in Horizon and Ghosts of Tshushima. Only genre that Nintendo 1st party genre that they exclusively got ya'll covered in is that Animal Crossing shyt. Sales like hotcakes for sure, but it's a game essentially about nothing and is the epitome of casual. Imagine that, Championing a genre of casual nothingness as must have game that you can't get anywhere else as a reason to say that their 1st party games are king.

Nintendo games are fun and all no doubt, but small in scope of focus. Everyone loves some casual cake from time to time, but I when I want to eat, I want my gaming diet to beyond simply sugar n shyt. Desserts do not make a full course meal.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo has been making variations of the same mario game for 25 years now and yall still slurp it up :mjlol:

Last good pokemon over a decade ago.

Their best new IP is Xenoblade and people rewarded them by not buying it and buying shyt like trash ass animal crossing

Company is garbo. 70 dollar "pro" controllers for that underpowered piece of shyt

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
No, I went completely logic rationale here. I my not have name drop software for software, but that's because what I did post was overall picture, which is inclusive of software. Their 1st party offerings truly started to shine on PS3 which is how it dig itself out of its grave, thus revolutionizing their brand. Think bigger.

Like, how you outchea naming old ass games as if they're relevant for today? You want a post about software specifically? Okay breh. In today's world, while you can give Nintendo credit for games like BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Smash as being great games, they only cover smaller segments of gaming overall and areas that Sony's 1st party also covers, if not doubly so. Whether or not you think that there aren't any Playstation 1st party exclusives that compare to those games, the reality of the matter is, they still have games that are comparative to those very games while also having games, current games, that Nintendo doesn't have comparative games to. Sony covers casuals and hardcore with their current line up. You want Mario like platformers, you got LBP/Sackboy, Astrobot and Ratchet & Clank games. But where are the current Nintendo 1st party games that compare to the like of something like Dreams, which is casual friendly, but also a sheer content creator that goes outside of just mario platformer only types, so Mario Maker 2 don't really cut it comparatively. Where are the more challenging games to the likes of Demon's Souls at on Nintendo? Or something more action orientated like GoW or TLOU? What about superhero games? Playstation has both Spiderman and Infamous series. Does Nintendo have any 1st party superhero games? Not really. BOTW is Nintendo's shining open world game, true, but Playstation has that genre covered too with two of their own 1st party joints in Horizon and Ghosts of Tshushima. Only genre that Nintendo 1st party genre that they exclusively got ya'll covered in is that Animal Crossing shyt. Sales like hotcakes for sure, but it's a game essentially about nothing and is the epitome of casual. Imagine that, Championing a genre of casual nothingness as must have game that you can't get anywhere else as a reason to say that their 1st party games are king.

Nintendo games are fun and all no doubt, but small in scope of focus. Everyone loves some casual cake from time to time, but I when I want to eat, I want my gaming diet to beyond simply sugar n shyt. Desserts do not make a full course meal.

:wow:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
No, I went completely logic rationale here. I may not have name dropped software for software, but that's because what I did post was overall picture, which is inclusive of software. Their 1st party offerings truly started to shine on PS3 which is how it dig itself out of its grave, thus revolutionizing their brand. Think bigger.

Talk to em

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Not disputing you guys per say, I don't care because I have a Nintendo switch, a PS5 and a Xbox Series X. So if I'm in the mood for fitness I play ring fit Adventure, I'm currently playing through God of War, and I'm playing Yakuza Zero on Xbox gamepass.

To me Nintendo is trash not because of their games but because they have so much potential and they don't even use it. Their online is garbage, they have some of the best catalog in gaming history and yet you can't play games from previous consoles on their new consoles (no backwards compatibility), Pokemon games are straight ass now days, their console could and should be better, we'll see what Nvidia can do with them in the future.

Aside from that they know how to make games. Ring fit Adventure is one of my favorite games right now, game is piff. I think every console company has their pros and cons. Nintendo got the biggest cons, but their pros are very high.

Them dudes operate on their own existence, the switch is the best thing that's happened to them because they don't even have to compete with Sony or Microsoft anymore, a space where they'd clearly lose in.

Last edited:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Im a fan of Nintendo but
DarlingFrigidGoral-size_restricted.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
God of war
Horizon zero Dawn
Last of us
Ghost of tushima
Ratchet and clank
Jack and dexter
Sly cooper
Twisted metal
Socom
Arc the lad
Wild arms
Alundra
Legend of dragoon
Killzone
Jet moto
Uncharted
Syphon filter
Ape escape
Spiderman
Gran Turismo
Wipeout
Parappa
Astrobot
Medivel

Yall dudes are nuts, Sony stan's are truly nuts....:laff::laff: I'ma go off the top of games I can think of really quick and since we listing long dead ip's I'll throw in a few.

Metroid
Punch out
Mario
Excite bike
Pilot wings
Animal crossing
Ice climbers
F zero
Kid Icarus
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Mr Game and watch
Battle clash
Earthbound
Yoshi island
Wario land
Kirby
Star fox
Advance wars
Golden sun
Pikmin
Pokemon

And that's off the top my head, I'm not even thinking bout the wii fit stuff and tons of other gameboy/ds/handheld games.

On top of that most these games have spin off on top of spin offs that have spawned whole new series and "genres" 70 percent are probably rated 8 or higher out of 10...

:laff: