Has Sony surpassed Nintendo in 1st party IPs?

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Why do you think Playstation repeatedly beats out X-Box every gen?

Microsoft loves to fumble. They can't even get strong sales outside NA, historically.

Besides, Sony gets the same share of 3rd party, and the 1st party is more the icing on top than an equal force. Nintendo barely, if ever, gets the same 3rd party and they still move tons of units of hardware due to their 1st party releases.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Yall dudes are nuts, Sony stan's are truly nuts....:laff::laff: I'ma go off the top of games I can think of really quick and since we listing long dead ip's I'll throw in a few.

Metroid
Punch out
Mario
Excite bike
Pilot wings
Animal crossing
Ice climbers
F zero
Kid Icarus
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Mr Game and watch
Battle clash
Earthbound
Yoshi island
Wario land
Kirby
Star fox
Advance wars
Golden sun
Pikmin
Pokemon

And that's off the top my head, I'm not even thinking bout the wii fit stuff and tons of other gameboy/ds/handheld games.

On top of that most these games have spin off on top of spin offs that have spawned whole new series and "genres" 70 percent are probably rated 8 or higher out of 10...

:laff:

The really need to rename "The Arcadium" to "Sony Stans "

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yall dudes are nuts, Sony stan's are truly nuts....:laff::laff: I'ma go off the top of games I can think of really quick and since we listing long dead ip's I'll throw in a few.

Metroid
Punch out
Mario
Excite bike
Pilot wings
Animal crossing
Ice climbers
F zero
Kid Icarus
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Mr Game and watch
Battle clash
Earthbound
Yoshi island
Wario land
Kirby
Star fox
Advance wars
Golden sun
Pikmin
Pokemon

And that's off the top my head, I'm not even thinking bout the wii fit stuff and tons of other gameboy/ds/handheld games.

On top of that most these games have spin off on top of spin offs that have spawned whole new series and "genres" 70 percent are probably rated 8 or higher out of 10...

Damn you even forgot about Fatal Frame, I forgot they own that IP.

And I think Nintendo does too.:francis:

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely.

I will always say fukk Nintendo for doing nothing with the Starfox, Metroid, and Fzero franchises in these modern times.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Metroid
Punch out
Mario
Excite bike
Pilot wings
Animal crossing
Ice climbers
F zero
Kid Icarus
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Mr Game and watch
Battle clash
Earthbound
Yoshi island
Wario land
Kirby
Star fox
Advance wars
Golden sun
Pikmin
Pokemon

nikka, you say Sony cats is nuts then proceed to name games that haven't even produced titles in the 21st Century! You be saying shyt just to say it cuz you stanboy-trollism is so retarded that half your favorite games is on a system you don't even like, so you make goofy ass posts like this just to spite yourself and try to say "well I'm trolling cuz Sony stans :mjlol:". nikka said Kid Icarus! Kid Icarus nikka?! Man, that shyt was weak way back in its 80's release and never even got any sequels. Excitebike was nice, but also, 80's ass game that you ain't playing today. STFU with that ole bullshyt. Ice climbers?! GET THE fukk OUTTA HERE!!! Yo goofy ass just naming filler Smash bro characters and you know it. Stop it.:stopitslime: Thread is about current status, not some shyt before other companies even existing in the gaming realm. You naming games that no one plays today or back in the day even and acting like they some Legacy shyt. Stop it. I'll give you Starfox, as it was heralded as something special, yet Nintendon't even make any more of its games either in like two decades...cuz of....reasons. Battleclash nikka?! nikka what?!?!?! Battle Clash received 3.775 out of 5 in Nintendo Power.[4

I can't take you serious at all.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka, you say Sony cats is nuts then proceed to name games that haven't even produced titles in the 21st Century! You be saying shyt just to say it cuz you stanboy-trollism is so retarded that half your favorite games is on a system you don't even like, so you make goofy ass posts like this just to spite yourself and try to say "well I'm trolling cuz Sony stans :mjlol:". nikka said Kid Icarus! Kid Icarus nikka?! Man, that shyt was weak way back in its 80's release and never even got any sequels. Excitebike was nice, but also, 80's ass game that you ain't playing today. STFU with that ole bullshyt. Ice climbers?! GET THE fukk OUTTA HERE!!! Yo goofy ass just naming filler Smash bro characters and you know it. Stop it.:stopitslime: Thread is about current status, not some shyt before other companies even existing in the gaming realm. You naming games that no one plays today or back in the day even and acting like they some Legacy shyt. Stop it. I'll give you Starfox, as it was heralded as something special, yet Nintendon't even make any more of its games either in like two decades...cuz of....reasons. Battleclash nikka?! nikka what?!?!?! Battle Clash received 3.775 out of 5 in Nintendo Power.[4

I can't take you serious at all.
When's the last time you played

Socom
Arc the lad
Wild arms
Alundra
Legend of dragoon

:laff::laff::laff:

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely.

I will always say fukk Nintendo for doing nothing with the Starfox, Metroid, and Fzero franchises in these modern times.

I always say fukk Sony for doing nothing with the Syphon Filter, Socom and Ape Escape franchises in these modern times :francis:

Why do yall keep confusing Exclusives with IPs? They're two different things. An easy example is Street Fighter 5. It's a Sony exclusive but Sony does not own the IP. Same goes for the Yakuza games once upon a time. They were Sony exclusives but Sega owned the IP.

Yall crazy if you think the Sony exclusives can single handled carry a console the way Nintendo exclusives do. Yall must got Nintendo confused with the Xbox :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did I name any of those shyts?! Stop it, clown.
You aint call any of it out either "clown" I guess it fits your narrative.

Op made a list, I made a counter list.

you in here talking about being able to find certain "experiences" on this or that system moving the goal post all around :mjlol:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I always say fukk Sony for doing nothing with the Syphon Filter, Socom and Ape Escape franchises in these modern times :francis:

Why do yall keep confusing Exclusives with IPs? They're two different things. An easy example is Street Fighter 5. It's a Sony exclusive but Sony does not own the IP. Same goes for the Yakuza games once upon a time. They were Sony exclusives but Sega owned the IP.

Yall crazy if you think the Sony exclusives can single handled carry a console the way Nintendo exclusives do. Yall must got Nintendo confused with the Xbox :mjlol:

They essentially single-handled brought them outta the PS3 grave status. The beauty of it is that they don't have to do it alone.