Has Sony surpassed Nintendo in 1st party IPs?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:laff::laff:

Even The metrics disagree with you.

Men lie, women lie, number's don't.

What metrics? To that iconic level you talking about, there's Mario, Zelda and...maybe Donkey Kong. Pokemon was an established brand before Nintendo published games for them. Most of their other characters aren't to that level of icon status. Certainly not fukking Kid Icarus, surely.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Sony normally does maybe two or three more sequels before moving on to the next, compared to Nintendo who will just ride the IP till the wheel's fall off.

Are people really tired of Zelda + Mario though? I mean each iteration of those games play completely different for the most part...especially Zelda.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I think this was really targeted at the OP who dropped a bunch of unused franchises with no context. Both Nintendo and Sony have IPs they don’t really use anymore and it sucks for the fans who have been clambering for a new iteration on higher spec hardware as opposed to milking certain big franchises Nintendo does it more than Sony but they all do it

Microsoft with Forza, Halo and Gears, Sony with Uncharted and Killzone, Nintendo with Mario, Smash and Zelda.

No my point is that sony keeps establishing new ips successfully instead of milking old ones like nintendo

I think they have surpassed nintendo first party ip because now not only do they have 4-5 ips that gonna sell 10mil each... they still have old ips they can put out and people will go crazy for

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Lying about what?:usure: I didn't say that there was nothing on Nintendo to play. I liable to have more games on the two Switches that I own than you have on yours. What I said was that they while they have select types of games that they cater to, that Playstation also has comparable games and that Playstation other types of games that just aren't on the Nintendo. You gonna quote and critique what I said, then go by what I said correct, you fukk.:ufdup:

Nintendo is all for casuals. Lowest common denominator games that ya'll overrate cuz they sell well. Thy make fun games:patrice:, but they're pre-dominantly casual for certain.:manny:

How you gon quote me about what I said about Splatoon when I didn't say shyt about Splatoon?:mjtf: Once again, quote me correctly, you fukk.:ufdup:It's a cool lil game for cool lil ass gamers.:yeshrug:

Dreams sold over 8 mill. That's hardly some not cared for anybody. And like LBP that came before it, was heralded as being one of the most innovative games in ages. fukk outta here with that shyt that it's trash nonensense. No need for all that hyperbole if you prefer casual only Nintendo games. Sit yo lil casual ass down, pu putt ass nikka.:hhh:
Dreams didnt even chart on NPD the month it came out :heh:.and Sony dropped its price to $25 within 2 months. Miss me with the bargain bin games. Sony stacking crumbs on bargain prices is another reason they aren't on that level :yeshrug:Their games drop in price so fast because they know what time it is. We all know Sony wants to charge full price for these games for 3-4 years like Nintendo does but they cant because like I said...3rd party box.

And as for the casual stuff.... There's nothing casual about Fire Emblem. Metroid, F-Zero, Xenoblade, and Fatal Frame. So let me say it one last time just in case it went over your head. YOU think these games are casual because YOU do not play Nintendo games. This is fact and if I'm lying then post receipts. I'll wait.

And yes, you and many others are continuously saying your Switch is collecting dust. Meanwhile, in the real world, there are plenty of games on the system, Switch is on track to outsell PS4 by a decent margin, and the 1st party software is lapping Sony's while the latter creates deceptive marketing and still releases their games cross-gen to make up for the ass whooping.:mjgrin:

Sony stans:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony games have won Game Of the Year for like the last 10 years and nikkas talmbout Punch Out
I can't with this forum at times :snoop:

It’s like comparing shows and movies that constantly win oscars and emmys, or Tony’s to things that win the nick teen choice awards or VMA’s, just because the latter sells a lot more and appeals more to the general public.

It’s like comparing something like lego movie Batman to moonlight or parasite

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dreams didnt even chart on NPD the month it came out :heh:.and Sony dropped its price to $25 within 2 months. Miss me with the bargain bin games. Sony stacking crumbs on bargain prices is another reason they aren't on that level :yeshrug:Their games drop in price so fast because they know what time it is. We all know Sony wants to charge full price for these games for 3-4 years like Nintendo does but they cant because like I said...3rd party box.

And as for the casual stuff.... There's nothing casual about Fire Emblem. Metroid, F-Zero, Xenoblade, and Fatal Frame. So let me say it one last time just in case it went over your head. YOU think these games are casual because YOU do not play Nintendo games. This is fact and if I'm lying then post receipts. I'll wait.

And yes, you and many others are continuously saying your Switch is collecting dust. Meanwhile, in the real world, there are plenty of games on the system, Switch is on track to outsell PS4 by a decent margin, and the 1st party software is lapping Sony's while the latter creates deceptive marketing and still releases their games cross-gen to make up for the ass whooping.:mjgrin:

Can’t compare handheld sales to that of a console. Very easy for a household to own multiple handhelds, not usually the case with entire consoles. With consoles you’re pretty much limited by the amount of tv’s you have.

And i don’t want to hear about how it’s a “hybrid” it’s a handheld internally, with an HDMI port. It’s like the treh of video game systems. You can’t change what you’re made of internally because you can hook up some other parts to appear as something else. The switch is a portable console just like an iPad, except less powerful

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Sony games have won Game Of the Year for like the last 10 years and nikkas talmbout Punch Out
I can't with this forum at times :snoop:
:mjlol: ice climbers, mr game and watch.

Sony has 0 iconic games, nevermind that they sold millions, won awards, and are critically acclaimed. Nobody gives a fukk about them.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Let's see, Fatal Frame, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem, all games that have relatively so-so sales, so by your own talk, they're trash since they're not killing it on NPDs the month of their release. Also, a really small amount of "challenging" games doesn't all of a sudden make Nintendo not a casual targeting, catered system. And since they're not selling as well, good luck on continuing to see new iterations of them, (here's looking at you, Fatal Frame...the game that was on Playstation 2 first). fukk outta here you casual fukker you.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Are people really tired of Zelda + Mario though? I mean each iteration of those games play completely different for the most part...especially Zelda.

I mean, apparently not for sure, lol. I grew tired of Mario for years tho. I had only recently got back into some of them. They're great games, no doubt, but I still keep it in perspective and not all that I play. But hey, they're sooo iconic, so none of their games can be less than classic status tho. Nintendo treats Mario like Marvel used to treat Wolverine in the 90's. Just put him in any and everything cuz he sales.:manny:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
So twisted metal is trash ? :what:

I'll take a new twisted metal 60 fps online over animal crossing any day.

I like nintendo as much as the next guy but outside of zelda they are not innovating like sony

They been cashing out doing the least while sony putting out blockbusters

When's the last new ip nintendo released that took off? Xenoblade?

I'm bout to hop on got now, another one in the bag for sony that gonna have 3 or 4 sequels

Like nas..sony..Always moving forward never looking backwards here's another classic :ahh:
God of war
Horizon zero Dawn
Last of us
Ghost of tushima
Ratchet and clank
Jack and dexter
Sly cooper
Twisted metal
Socom
Arc the lad
Wild arms
Alundra
Legend of dragoon

Killzone
Jet moto
Uncharted
Syphon filter
Ape escape

Spiderman
Gran Turismo
Wipeout
Parappa

Astrobot
Medivel

The bolded are dead IP and there's a reason for that.

And yes, that Twisted Metal PS3 game and those spin-offs were trash. Hope you like Destruction All-Stars. :umad: See that's the difference between me and you broke boys. I dont speak on games unless I've played them. Meanwhile, you weirdos just read TrannyERA and other forums then just repeat shyt knowing damn well you dont play many of the games youre talking about.

But you can also feel free to post receipts to prove I'm lying. Still waiting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean, apparently not for sure, lol. I grew tired of Mario for years tho. I had only recently got back into some of them. They're great games, no doubt, but I still keep it in perspective and not all that I play. But hey, they're sooo iconic, so none of their games can be less than classic status tho. Nintendo treats Mario like Marvel used to treat Wolverine in the 90's. Just put him in any and everything cuz he sales.:manny:

They can release mario all-stars for 60 dollars right now, and nintendo fans would buy it. They have no room for discernment anymore when it comes to their IP. It’s mario? gotta buy it because, nostalgia. Nintendo fans are chasing the high of getting a Super Nintendo or N64 for the first time and Mario being the highlight of their childhoods.

It’s the same reason why people still talk about sonic games even though they’ve been actual garbage for 20 years. Unfortunately very few of their other IP get the game treatment which is why they force mario into everything they can think of.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
God of war
Horizon zero Dawn
Last of us
Ghost of tushima
Ratchet and clank
Jack and dexter
Sly cooper
Twisted metal
Socom
Arc the lad
Wild arms
Alundra
Legend of dragoon

Killzone
Jet moto
Uncharted
Syphon filter
Ape escape

Spiderman
Gran Turismo
Wipeout
Parappa

Astrobot
Medivel

The bolded are dead IP and there's a reason for that.

And yes, that Twisted Metal PS3 game and those spin-offs were trash. Hope you like Destruction All-Stars. :umad: See that's the difference between me and you broke boys. I dont speak on games unless I've played them. Meanwhile, you weirdos just read TrannyERA and other forums then just repeat shyt knowing damn well you dont play many of the games youre talking about.

But you can also feel free to post receipts to prove I'm lying. Still waiting.
The funny thing is there are only like 3 or so games that are actually "new ips" that were even listed and I mean new as in the last 3 or 4 years.

Everything else is 8 to over a decade old.

:laff::laff:

But Sony keeps them fresh brand new 1st party ips :laff:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They can release mario all-stars for 60 dollars right now, and nintendo fans would buy it. They have no room for discernment anymore when it comes to their IP. It’s mario? gotta buy it because, nostalgia. Nintendo fans are chasing the high of getting a Super Nintendo or N64 for the first time and Mario being the highlight of their childhoods.

It’s the same reason why people still talk about sonic games even though they’ve been actual garbage for 20 years. Unfortunately very few of their other IP get the game treatment which is why they force mario into everything they can think of.

Why can't Sony do the same thing with there old school ips?
:patrice:

Maybe it's because the quality of those games don't hold up

:jbhmm:

People go back and play old dreamcast, sega saturn games, nes, snes, and sega games but playstation games:huhldup:

Most Sony ips are like hot chicks, they are great for the time, a good thrill, a good experience and fun... Then they get some age on them and completely fall off.

No one is paying 60 dollars for a legend of dragoon, arc the lad and socom bundle port.

But they will for a mario 64, sunshine and galaxy port:mjpls: