Has Nas recent run of excellence put him ahead of Jay-Z on your all-time list?

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're acting like what you're saying is facts bro, if you feel as if Jay is better, I won't knock you, I feel as if Nas is better, to me his discography is superior, Illmatic, IWW, Stillmatic,Lost Tapes, Gods Son, Untitled are better than Jay's best work to me, I don't even want to bring in Nas's unreleased catalog, but I'm not going to knock someone that feels as if Jay is better though. Your reasons are void because you're bringing Jay's business endeavors when that has nothing to do with his music, using your logic, Diddy, and Master P should be up there as well since they made major business moves in hip-hop. At the end of the day its about the music, you can't play Jay-Z business moves in your car, at home, or on your headphones

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So when Nas stans gon admit this run seems so "incredible" only bcuz all of the wack forgetable shyt that wuz overated on his last 2albums by YOU!....this ain't no incredible run,this should be Nas STANDARD...if u nas stans could keep it real for once please...Jay ain't livin up to his standard with bp3 and watch the throne either,but at least jay fans had American Gangster...Nas ain't put out a nice album since GodSon lol...matter of fact I forgot SD even came out:snoop:..so that's 4 albums I believe,Distant Relatives wuz alright...but nas fans been starvin and in denial

mama lost her job as executive at applebees she had thrrough the 90's early 2000's...she wuz deliverin shipments of riblets directly to yalls house...so u just been eatin nuthin but rice like most of nas asian fanbase for about a decade now...u been lyin to yourself talkin bout "shieeet we don't need no damn riblets,this plain rice is just as good:damn:.....u wuz just really puttin on a brave face bullshyttin everybody including yourself.....now things lookin up and mama decides to bring u a mcrib sandwhich and suprise you...now u feelin yaself wit sauce on ya chin talkin bout "this is the best tastin rib I ever had:to:"

Jay fans been snackin on riblets recently,we just finished lickin sauce off our chins...the fact u so impressed by music that should be the standard for Nas at this point in his career tells us u ain't really ate good in a minute....we lookin at BP3 like ":childplease: rice?we expect riblets nikka"...I expect jay cookin sumthin up right now:mjpls: I hope so,nas stans,wayne stans and eminem stans have shown me what a few duds in a row can do to a once proud stan:snoop:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
You're acting like what you're saying is facts bro, if you feel as if Jay is better, I won't knock you, I feel as if Nas is better, to me his discography is superior, Illmatic, IWW, Stillmatic,Lost Tapes, Gods Son, Untitled are better than Jay's best work to me, I don't even want to bring in Nas's unreleased catalog, but I'm not going to knock someone that feels as if Jay is better though. Your reasons are void because you're bringing Jay's business endeavors when that has nothing to do with his music, using your logic, Diddy, and Master P should be up there as well since they made major business moves in hip-hop. At the end of the day its about the music, you can't play Jay-Z business moves in your car, at home, or on your headphones

I agree that the argument of who is better is subjective, but only if you choose to use guidelines that are subjective. That's why I was specific about their greatness via their contributions to increasing the standards and appreciation of lyrics and talmbowt diverse subjects. But Hov did not just stop there, he then contributed to the business of hip hop too, like Diddy and Master P . So being a significant contributor to hip hop, via multiple outlets, is what puts Hov over Nas

You can't play Hov's business moves in a car, but at least you could learn from them. That's what separates realty and entertainment. Once Hov leaves the booth, he still giving you some sort of blueprint

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Lets not act like Jay is incredibly consistent either. Vol. 2 wasn't as good as his first two, but it's on of his better slept on albums, and vol. 3 was garbage. He redeemed himself with Blueprint, then released two meh albums with Roc La Familia and Blueprint 2. Black Album was great. Kingdom Come was so-so. American Gangster was dope. Blueprint 3 was garbage. Watch The Throne was nice. So he pretty much does a nice album then follows it up with something garbage

atlbound

:ryan:
Daps
Reppin
SEH
So when Nas stans gon admit this run seems so "incredible" only bcuz all of the wack forgetable shyt that wuz overated on his last 2albums by YOU!....this ain't no incredible run,this should be Nas STANDARD...if u nas stans could keep it real for once please...Jay ain't livin up to his standard with bp3 and watch the throne either,but at least jay fans had American Gangster...Nas ain't put out a nice album since GodSon lol...matter of fact I forgot SD even came out:snoop:..so that's 4 albums I believe,Distant Relatives wuz alright...but nas fans been starvin and in denial

mama lost her job as executive at applebees she had thrrough the 90's early 2000's...she wuz deliverin shipments of riblets directly to yalls house...so u just been eatin nuthin but rice like most of nas asian fanbase for about a decade now...u been lyin to yourself talkin bout "shieeet we don't need no damn riblets,this plain rice is just as good:damn:.....u wuz just really puttin on a brave face bullshyttin everybody including yourself.....now things lookin up and mama decides to bring u a mcrib sandwhich and suprise you...now u feelin yaself wit sauce on ya chin talkin bout "this is the best tastin rib I ever had:to:"

Jay fans been snackin on riblets recently,we just finished lickin sauce off our chins...the fact u so impressed by music that should be the standard for Nas at this point in his career tells us u ain't really ate good in a minute....we lookin at BP3 like ":childplease: rice?we expect riblets nikka"...I expect jay cookin sumthin up right now:mjpls: I hope so,nas stans,wayne stans and eminem stans have shown me what a few duds in a row can do to a once proud stan:snoop:
CleLH.png

every line was piff

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jay bein a better businessman is the crutch that his stans have to lean on. theres always the fact that jays money and clout are >>>> nas, but that aint what the arguments about.

i mean how many "nas works for jay" comments have you seen on the internet? IMO the battle was a tie at best but anyone sayin jay won after the cryin on the radio, apology for super ugly and "i got stronger after ether" is :huhldup:

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

straight facts... these delusional nas stans aint hearin u though on this site... Ive seen these nikkas hype up horrible ass albums like HHID, SD, DR and now finally Nas is dropping quality music so we get threads like these...

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I agree that the argument of who is better is subjective, but only if you choose to use guidelines that are subjective. That's why I was specific about their greatness via their contributions to increasing the standards and appreciation of lyrics and talmbowt diverse subjects. But Hov did not just stop there, he then contributed to the business of hip hop too, like Diddy and Master P . So being a significant contributor to hip hop, via multiple outlets, is what puts Hov over Nas

You can't play Hov's business moves in a car, but at least you could learn from them. That's what separates realty and entertainment. Once Hov leaves the booth, he still giving you some sort of blueprint

But the premise of the thread is each others music, there is no need to bring Jay's business endeavors to the situation, you're bringing irrelevant topics to put Jay over Nas when the point of the thread is about each others music, everything else you're mentioning has nothing to do with it. I just don't like dealing with the Nas vs Jay threads because its an endless argument, we can go on for days as to why each is better than the other. Lets just keep it like this, if you enjoy Jay's music, thats cool, if one enjoys Nas music, thats cool. They're both icons in this genre and their work is solidified, it would be a lot better to give them both props instead of bringing one of them down just to boost the other up.