Has Nas recent run of excellence put him ahead of Jay-Z on your all-time list?

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Ag was better than untitled but distant relatives is better then watch the throne. LoL at watch the throne getting mad airplay and distant relatives and album about empowerment getting none. NaS is king.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Nas was always ahead of Jay-Z on my all time list. This is just more comfirmation, I mean if you really wanna keep it funky, Nas hasn't spit a bad verse in over a decade. It's the beat selection that has been his achilles heel.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
In all seriousness.....it usually switches for me....one day I consider Nas the GOAT then the next I consider Hov.....depends how I feel....

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Nas may be more poetic, but skill wise Jay is the better rapper.

Flow
Metaphors
Word play
Alliteration
Entendres

From a technical standpoint it's not even close, Jay by miles. I tend to lean towards the skill/technical side of rap so I favor Jay.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
millions of dollars of promotion helps a little bit.

real music can fly under the radar, especially in hip hop.

Millions of dollars in promotion? The album was announced outta nowhere, no radio interviews, no tv interviews, no commercials, nothing. They dropped Otis a simple sample flipped by Kanye, no hook, not even a video until after the album dropped, nothing. The biggest commercial they had was probably the listening session and the maybach they chopped up to raise awareness. 2nd single, no video, none of that it just took of through the streets after months they dropped a video with them just standing on stage rapping.

Nas has had amongst the biggest budgets on Def Jam, big commercials, magazines, tv for songs that usually don't get tv play, radio for songs that usually don't get radio play, big videos, actors and all that. (Of course Jay and them have a big budget as well, but they can always do what they want cause their private pockets are very deep). shyt I've his videos in the top on youtube for months now. He has platinum rapper promotion.

So no that not it, it's about Jay-z and Kanye being a lot more interesting to a broader audience. The biggest reason being that they have interesting lives and they are a lot more versatile.

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
[ame=http://youtu.be/hvY0UAzy2nE]Horse Opens Up about Jay-Z Alluding to Him on "Takeover," on #SwayInTheMorning - YouTube[/ame]