Has Nas recent run of excellence put him ahead of Jay-Z on your all-time list?

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he isn't already ahead of him, or did he just strengthen his G.O.A.T. of all time position?? because i've always gone back and forth between the two, as far as who's higher on the list, but since Nas been on this run, he's UNQUESTIONABLY better than Jay in my eyes. not to mention, i expect Life Is Good to be nothing short of 4 mics at least.

Nas recent run:

Distant Relatives album (it's what started his run imo)
Verse on Champion
Verse on Ghetto Dreams
Like Smoke
The Don
Daughters being his best single and video in a decade
Verse on Kings and Queens
Verse on Tha Carter IV Outro
Verse on This Thing Of Ours
Verse on Feel Inside
Nasty
Verse on Running
Verse on Something
Verse on Chain Glow
Verse on Triple Beam Dreams
:wow: :wow: :lawd:

I think that is it, but i might be missing something

Anyone got a link for all them featured sings, I ain't heard none of them.

Coujd be like a new nas album for me :yes:

Links :yes:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah nas is definitely beasting. the fukk is wrong with your reading compehension?

you saying he is now in standard mode, i am saying he has been in standard mode. nas standard = some dope shyt and some not so dope shyt. nas beast mode = murdering everything he touches.

i didn't say he is way better than his peers (jay included), just that he is the only one beasting. i personally think that any rapper in beast mode right now will stand out, and if more rappers were in beast mode it wouldn't seem so strange. you seem to think nas is just a higher caliber MC, and thats cool, im not gonna argue with your opinion, im just saying that the fact that nas is in beast mode while everyone else is slacking really works in nas favor.

you do get what im saying right, nas beasting while everyone else is coasting are not reliant upon each other but they definitely make each other more glaringly obvious.

I get what u sayin with further detail but ima have to just disagree....u sayin if everybody else wuz beastin maybe nas wouldn't stand out as much....nas is of another calibr then the rest of these other nikkas so regardless of whether other nikkas is beastin or not he should still be standing out...I expect the same for cube,I don't expect death certificate at this point in his career but being one of the goats he should still stand out no matter what other artist,other greats or not so greats is doin....same for Jay as well,especially with peers this weak in this era.....the day they can't stand out in spite of what Rick Ross,Drake,Lil Wayne,Jeezy is doin its time to retire and let rap just be a hobby so we won't take they releases seriously.but obviously we all have different taste but for me personally Nas set his bar higher then his last few albums have lived up to...but if u liked those albums like that,I could see why u feel that way

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Lol @ recent run of "excellence."

When are u herbs gonna learn that outside this board and extreme hip hop heads, NO ONE is checking for Nas. Dude is borderline irrelevant.

Sooner u realize that, sooner you'll stop losing.

That Singer Guy...

TiMeLeSs Moderator
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Knoxville, Tn
Nas been better, Jay had that run in the late 90's to early 2000's that could have easily put him above but then he fell off and hasn't put anything incredible out since AG. Nas last 4-5 year run murders Jay's.

So not only did he start off better than Jay but hes gonna finish better than him also.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Nas been better, Jay had that run in the late 90's to early 2000's that could have easily put him above but then he fell off and hasn't put anything incredible out since AG. Nas last 4-5 year run murders Jay's.
So not only did he start off better than Jay but hes gonna finish better than him also.

:usure::rudy:

At least Jay gave us AG & WTT. Nas only dropped mediocre & forgettable material.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Untitled>>>>>>>Ag
Distant relatives>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WTT

Untitled >>>> AG??? Do people even bother to listen to that album anymore? AG was nice breh, especially the production. Untitled is more forgettable music.

Distant Relatives just wasn't enjoyable for me at all. WTT while being overrated does has some heat on there. Jay was spittin on a number of tracks on that record. I assume this is fairly the universal position on these albums, unless you are specifically stanning for either side.

I think Nas is a better overall lyricist, but his music is even more hit & miss than an incosistent Jay's is.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Untitled >>>> AG??? Do people even bother to listen to that album anymore? AG was nice breh, especially the production. Untitled is more forgettable music.

Distant Relatives just wasn't enjoyable for me at all. WTT while being overrated does has some heat on there. Jay was spittin on a number of tracks on that record. I assume this is fairly the universal position on these albums, unless you are specifically stanning for either side.

I think Nas is a better overall lyricist, but his music is even more hit & miss than an incosistent Jay's is.

For me after the first spin I never listened to WTT again.
DR is powerful thought provoking music that nikkas slept on. Cause of the non traditional beats/songs

^^^^^^^ Better than anything on WTT by far

Untitled and AG are a little closer I guess it just depends on who you like better. I liked both albums but the only tracks I still listen to off of AG are success and ignorant shyt. I still sometimes listen to untitled all the way through.

I don't see how untitled was forgettable, it was nothing but thought provoking shyt. AG on the other hand was senseless gangster stories.:yeshrug:

Last edited by a moderator: