Has Nas recent run of excellence put him ahead of Jay-Z on your all-time list?

Karamellion

Shucks It's Crazy
Daps
Reppin
Gizzy, Aotearoa
Nope

Nas last 3 albums were trash especially that distant relatives garbage

Some hot verses here or there wont change that

And hov's bars on welcome to the jungle and primetime are better than anything nas spit on since 2006

:childplease:

Distant Relatives was far from garbage.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
From a lyrical and subject matter standpoint, he was usually ahead of Jay and I think he's a more better Hip-Hop artist in recent years

But Jay will always be ahead of him cause of influence and a bunch of other ancillary shyt people will try to justify. And to his credit he's good at it, so he'll be ahead.

I think both should be locks in all time top 5, maybe top 3.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
jay bein a better businessman is the crutch that his stans have to lean on. theres always the fact that jays money and clout are >>>> nas, but that aint what the arguments about.

i mean how many "nas works for jay" comments have you seen on the internet? IMO the battle was a tie at best but anyone sayin jay won after the cryin on the radio, apology for super ugly and "i got stronger after ether" is :huhldup:
Jay Z's money, clout, and overall success/popularity is why Nas fans dislike Jay Z and his fans so much. All of that stuff makes Nas fans extremely insecure when it comes to Jay Z. You can say that Nas has always been a better lyricist and made better music, but thats just an opinion. You can never win that argument with someone who doesn't agree. The money, the clout, and the popularity issues aren't up for debate though. Trust, if Nas had the upper hand then the Nas fans would bring those issues up constantly to try and separate Nas from Jay Z.

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
Jay Z's money, clout, and overall success/popularity is why Nas fans dislike Jay Z and his fans so much. All of that stuff makes Nas fans extremely insecure when it comes to Jay Z. You can say that Nas has always been a better lyricist and made better music, but thats just an opinion. You can never win that argument with someone who doesn't agree. The money, the clout, and the popularity issues aren't up for debate though. Trust, if Nas had the upper hand then the Nas fans would bring those issues up constantly to try and separate Nas from Jay Z.

umm no. all we care about as fans are music, who gives a fukk about another man's money that you can't spend? why the fukk is money even coming up in a debate about music. Y'all sound like gold diggin women with that shyt, fukk outta here. At the end of the day, jay fans will say jay is the best and vice versa for nas fans, why can't you idiots just accept it and realize you will NEVER change someone else's opinion on it.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
umm no. all we care about as fans are music, who gives a fukk about another man's money that you can't spend? why the fukk is money even coming up in a debate about music. Y'all sound like gold diggin women with that shyt, fukk outta here. At the end of the day, jay fans will say jay is the best and vice versa for nas fans, why can't you idiots just accept it and realize you will NEVER change someone else's opinion on it.
Watch your tone and calm your little ass down. Who is this "we" that you speak of, because I see things like money and popularity being talked about all the time. I wasn't attempting to change anyone's opinion. My point was simply that Nas fans would use money, clout, and popularity to try and separate Nas from Jay Z if the situations were reversed. Next time make sure you fully understand a comment, before you throw a hissy fit over it.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
For me, Nas was always ahead this makes no difference. Dont get me wrong I like Jayz and alot of his work. I've got all his albums and I still get clowned by my cousin for buying the Kingdom come CD but a lot of his work didnt move me like alot of Nas'.

MoneyBags

Daps
Reppin
East Side!
Watch your tone and calm your little ass down. Who is this "we" that you speak of, because I see things like money and popularity being talked about all the time. I wasn't attempting to change anyone's opinion. My point was simply that Nas fans would use money, clout, and popularity to try and separate Nas from Jay Z if the situations were reversed. Next time make sure you fully understand a comment, before you throw a hissy fit over it.

fukk you, i ain't watching shyt. I don't give a fukk who you see talk about money, that shyt is irrelevant to the discussion.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH

fukk you, i ain't watching shyt. I don't give a fukk who you see talk about money, that shyt is irrelevant to the discussion.

158xo0.png
158xo0.png

:laff: :russ:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
No, it's not irrelevant if people are discussing it you stupid motherfukker. If its not relevant to you then you should refrain from quoting people who are discussing it, you dumb bytch. Just to mess with you: Jay Z has more money, Is more popular, has a finer woman, was Nas's boss at 1 point, and left condom's on Nas's baby seat. Now cry some more fakkit.

MoneyBags

Daps
Reppin
East Side!
No, it's not irrelevant if people are discussing it you stupid motherfukker. If its not relevant to you then you should refrain from quoting people who are discussing it, you dumb bytch. Just to mess with you: Jay Z has more money, Is more popular, has a finer woman, was Nas's boss at 1 point, and left condom's on Nas's baby seat. Now cry some more fakkit.

dog, i don't care what Jay does or has over Nas, it doesn't affect my life whatsoever. they're both dope to me equally. you can keep cheer leading Jay's accomplishment's though like a bytch, unfortunately I don't think he will leave Beyonce for you.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
You're acting like what you're saying is facts bro, if you feel as if Jay is better, I won't knock you, I feel as if Nas is better, to me his discography is superior, Illmatic, IWW, Stillmatic,Lost Tapes, Gods Son, Untitled are better than Jay's best work to me, I don't even want to bring in Nas's unreleased catalog, but I'm not going to knock someone that feels as if Jay is better though. Your reasons are void because you're bringing Jay's business endeavors when that has nothing to do with his music, using your logic, Diddy, and Master P should be up there as well since they made major business moves in hip-hop. At the end of the day its about the music, you can't play Jay-Z business moves in your car, at home, or on your headphones

And I can't play Nas trash beats in my car, at home, or on my headphones. So yeah, its about music.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
dog, i don't care what Jay does or has over Nas, it doesn't affect my life whatsoever. they're both dope to me equally. you can keep cheer leading Jay's accomplishment's though like a bytch, unfortunately, I don't think he will leave Beyonce for you.
Shut the fukk up and learn how to read. I wasnt cheerleading for anybody, my point was about the mentality of fans in general you're just too stupid to comprehend it.