Has Nas recent run of excellence put him ahead of Jay-Z on your all-time list?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
jay bein a better businessman is the crutch that his stans have to lean on. theres always the fact that jays money and clout are >>>> nas, but that aint what the arguments about.

i mean how many "nas works for jay" comments have you seen on the internet? IMO the battle was a tie at best but anyone sayin jay won after the cryin on the radio, apology for super ugly and "i got stronger after ether" is :huhldup:

U mean like that ether crutch,the song nikkas celebrate as if its nas best record he ever made:mjpls: Jay ain't the first rapper to be labeled loser in a rap battle...but nas is probaly one of the only goat contenders to have a diss record praised as his crowning achievment by his fans/stans,Cube has the goat diss of all time but u don't see cube fans talkin bout no vaseline all the time celebrating it yearly like its truly a holiday lol...only other goat contender who gets the hooplah over his diss is LL for what he did to Canibus...reason being neither did much worthy of discussing after the diss musically...make no mistake I expect this to be a GREAT Nas album possibly classic even,just bcuz it has that feeling...and besides that its been 10 years...he's due:manny:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So when Nas stans gon admit this run seems so "incredible" only bcuz all of the wack forgetable shyt that wuz overated on his last 2albums by YOU!....this ain't no incredible run,this should be Nas STANDARD...if u nas stans could keep it real for once please...Jay ain't livin up to his standard with bp3 and watch the throne either,but at least jay fans had American Gangster...Nas ain't put out a nice album since GodSon lol...matter of fact I forgot SD even came out:snoop:..so that's 4 albums I believe,Distant Relatives wuz alright...but nas fans been starvin and in denial

mama lost her job as executive at applebees she had thrrough the 90's early 2000's...she wuz deliverin shipments of riblets directly to yalls house...so u just been eatin nuthin but rice like most of nas asian fanbase for about a decade now...u been lyin to yourself talkin bout "shieeet we don't need no damn riblets,this plain rice is just as good:damn:.....u wuz just really puttin on a brave face bullshyttin everybody including yourself.....now things lookin up and mama decides to bring u a mcrib sandwhich and suprise you...now u feelin yaself wit sauce on ya chin talkin bout "this is the best tastin rib I ever had:to:"

Jay fans been snackin on riblets recently,we just finished lickin sauce off our chins...the fact u so impressed by music that should be the standard for Nas at this point in his career tells us u ain't really ate good in a minute....we lookin at BP3 like ":childplease: rice?we expect riblets nikka"...I expect jay cookin sumthin up right now:mjpls: I hope so,nas stans,wayne stans and eminem stans have shown me what a few duds in a row can do to a once proud stan:snoop:

nah it seems incredible bcuz all of the wack forgetable shyt that all his peers (jay included) is droppin. if everyone was beastin on tracks like nas is maybe he wouldn't stand out as much but unfortunately while nas is tearing tracks up left and right everyone else aside from a small handful of new jacks is in cruise control.

nas is in beast mode right now. sometimes MCs just get in beast mode and be killing everything. that is what nas is doing.

if you aint satisfied with jay's recent offerings thats on you. you say you still snackin off AG, nikka we still eating of DR and Untitled.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Nope

Nas last 3 albums were trash especially that distant relatives garbage

Some hot verses here or there wont change that

And hov's bars on welcome to the jungle and primetime are better than anything nas spit on since 2006

atlbound

:ryan:
Daps
Reppin
SEH
so I guess I'll just leave this here

40826_pro.jpg

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah it seems incredible bcuz all of the wack forgetable shyt that all his peers (jay included) is droppin. if everyone was beastin on tracks like nas is maybe he wouldn't stand out as much but unfortunately while nas is tearing tracks up left and right everyone else aside from a small handful of new jacks is in cruise control.

nas is in beast mode right now. sometimes MCs just get in beast mode and be killing everything. that is what nas is doing.

if you aint satisfied with jay's recent offerings thats on you. you say you still snackin off AG, nikka we still eating of DR and Untitled.

So is Nas beastin bcuz he beastin,or does it just seem like he beastin cuz everybody else in the game is wack right now?his shyt sound good bcuz his peers is so horrible:what: u gotta make up your mind on that one....u insulted Nas worst then anything I said and I wuznt even trying to...I said Nas wuz puttin out wack shyt by Nas standards which should be high,and his fans wuznt callin him out for it.....your sayin Nas only sound good bcuz his peers is so garbage...thats not impressive at all...Nas living up to his standards finally is way more impressive then "he sounding waaay better then these other wack nikkas"...that just puts him in the same category with Kendrick Lamar and Rick Ross who get overated cuz the rap game weak right now...and no u can't include Jay in the same category as young money,big sean who oversaturating the game with wackness.

Daps
Nas is gonna pass Jay on the backend here in terms of artistry, and will be remembered as the better rapper. Especially if this new album lives up to the billing.

YOU need to come to terms with that fact. :whoo:

Name an artist more quotable, commercially consistent, and popular as Jay-Z. And Nas' album will be his best in a while but c'mon Jay-Z will always be better.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is Nas beastin bcuz he beastin,or does it just seem like he beastin cuz everybody else in the game is wack right now?his shyt sound good bcuz his peers is so horrible:what: u gotta make up your mind on that one....u insulted Nas worst then anything I said and I wuznt even trying to...I said Nas wuz puttin out wack shyt by Nas standards which should be high,and his fans wuznt callin him out for it.....your sayin Nas only sound good bcuz his peers is so garbage...thats not impressive at all...Nas living up to his standards finally is way more impressive then "he sounding waaay better then these other wack nikkas"...that just puts him in the same category with Kendrick Lamar and Rick Ross who get overated cuz the rap game weak right now...and no u can't include Jay in the same category as young money,big sean who oversaturating the game with wackness.

nah nas is definitely beasting. the fukk is wrong with your reading compehension?

you saying he is now in standard mode, i am saying he has been in standard mode. nas standard = some dope shyt and some not so dope shyt. nas beast mode = murdering everything he touches.

i didn't say he is way better than his peers (jay included), just that he is the only one beasting. i personally think that any rapper in beast mode right now will stand out, and if more rappers were in beast mode it wouldn't seem so strange. you seem to think nas is just a higher caliber MC, and thats cool, im not gonna argue with your opinion, im just saying that the fact that nas is in beast mode while everyone else is slacking really works in nas favor.

you do get what im saying right, nas beasting while everyone else is coasting are not reliant upon each other but they definitely make each other more glaringly obvious.