Half the Perfect Dark Team quit, project is in Development hell

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And I agree, Microsoft was in a tough spot, but this is kind've an unforced error. Goodwill toward XBox is about as high as I remember it being since the peak of the 360. They easily could've gotten off something to the tune of "Our new studios are working hard to bring you great new experiences, which we'll share with you closer to when they're ready. In the meantime, we're still working hard on making XBox the best place to play via GamePass."

This is a good point. This is how it absolutely should be done…it’s exactly what sony did with all their partner studios, Haven, Deviation, Firewalk, and Firesprite…two of them even have playable games already that they haven’t announced.

Microsoft announced perfect dark because it was before the Bethesda acquisition and they needed to announce games to get people excited about the next gen systems. You can easily recruit staff as a platform holder without that

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is a good point. This is how it absolutely should be done…it’s exactly what sony did with all their partner studios, Haven, Deviation, Firewalk, and Firesprite…two of them even have playable games already that they haven’t announced.

Microsoft announced perfect dark because it was before the Bethesda acquisition and they needed to announce games to get people excited about the next gen systems. You can easily recruit staff as a platform holder without that
Create them feel good narratives brehs. :mjlol:

Haven, Diviation, Firewalk don’t even have an announced product.

They are all on the clock, they don’t release a game by next year, they are mismanaged PlayStation studios:mjlol:

Firesprite been in existence for a decade and still never released a game of their own.

Good guy Sony with their masterful studio management tho :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Haven, Diviation, Firewalk don’t even have an announced product.

duh-yeah.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both things can be true… no?

Who’s talking about how bad Halo is here?

It surely isn’t the people playing it daily.

Halo always has a very outspoken community. But that’s wholly separate than the@Gizmo_Duck s of the world.

True, Halo does have an outspoken player base, even to what some would see as a detriment to the series. As someone who doesn't have a couple of decades under my belt of playing the series, Infinite is a good game, but you can definitely feel the weight of them trying to appease long term fans in the gameplay. At its core, it feels like there's a lot of the older games in there.

But to write off criticism of the game as people who just want to push negativity is a gross overstatement. Even in the Halo thread, there have been valid posts about the game's shortcomings.

I know for a lot of people, not having co-op at launch is a big deal, especially since at least in the early goings, the game seemed balanced toward you possibly having another gun in the fight.

My overall point was that while people can wring their hands over games that don't even have release years being in trouble, we do have one example of a game that's been released that seemingly launched before it was really ready.

Once can be written off as game development just being hard. But when you see the same issues developing over multiple development cycles across separate studios, all managed by one company, the question to ask is if its a larger systemic issue.

Some of your most ridiculous posts are when you start and end with salient points, and in the middle, there's just a bunch of clear troll bait. It's like a fanboy shyt sandwich. :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
True, Halo does have an outspoken player base, even to what some would see as a detriment to the series. As someone who doesn't have a couple of decades under my belt of playing the series, Infinite is a good game, but you can definitely feel the weight of them trying to appease long term fans in the gameplay. At its core, it feels like there's a lot of the older games in there.
That’s the struggle. Halo can’t be Halo without appeasing those people. Myself included.

But that also means there’s criticism coming from all sides. Some of it unfair

But to write off criticism of the game as people who just want to push negativity is a gross overstatement. Even in the Halo thread, there have been valid posts about the game's shortcomings.

I know for a lot of people, not having co-op at launch is a big deal, especially since at least in the early goings, the game seemed balanced toward you possibly having another gun in the fight.
I didn’t write off all criticism. I said the current “noise” is mostly driven by people who only care about said noise.

Co-op was announced as missing months before the game came out. The people that, were bothered by that said their piece and moved on. The people still running around the web to talk about how disappointed they are with co-op missing are those that just want to promote negativity about the game.

My overall point was that while people can wring their hands over games that don't even have release years being in trouble, we do have one example of a game that's been released that seemingly launched before it was really ready.
I don’t feel this is a fair assessment. The “noise” makes it seem the game launched before ready. Part of that is due to unattainable expectations of fans, but the majority of that narrative is driven by people who don’t necessarily care about the game.

In reality if you compare Halo to most any game that has come out recently it has LOTS of content.

It’s just missing a feature that 9 out of 10 games don’t even bother with anymore.

It’s only a story cause legacy fans want it in the game, and every one else can latch on to that one specific thing to complain.

How many FPS games actually have a co-op campaign these days?

None I can think of. But somehow Halo is “incomplete” cause it’s gonna take them a little more time to work on it:stopitslime:

Once can be written off as game development just being hard. But when you see the same issues developing over multiple development cycles across separate studios, all managed by one company, the question to ask is if its a larger systemic issue.
What “same issues” are you talking about??