Half the Perfect Dark Team quit, project is in Development hell

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m just posting Twitter “news” from the same people you are posting.

Thought you were interested in industry happenings. No?
:jbhmm:

Xbox even taking over in Europe

:wow:

Also funny how the biggest game of the year only sold 16% of its copies on xbox

That means even with Horizon and GT7 (which is number 4 and number 1 on the same charts right now) the majority of console sales were still on playstation

D4294862-F933-43-DD-813-E-587-F3-FC64232.png

goodtobeking-theking.gif

Last edited:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I’m just posting Twitter “news” from the same people you are posting.

Thought you were interested in industry happenings. No?
:jbhmm:

Xbox even taking over in Europe

:wow:

:mjlit:for the first time huh

so what are the total numbers looking like?

shall we have that discussion?

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Back on topic, I remember hearing Jade Raymond talk about why her new studio ‘Haven’ signed a deal with Sony right after the Google Stadia stuff fell through.

She mentioned that the talk around the industry was that Sony was a good partner to have.

Other companies may promise you the moon, but Sony will help you get there.

I interpreted that as some corps will give you a ton of money, but won’t necessarily provide you with other supports needed for you to reach your goal. (Hands-off approach)

In recent years we have seen Sony take brand new game devs (Kena team) and have them launch a successful (both critically and commercially) new IP.

We’ve seen them take an industry legend (Kojima) and have him start a studio and complete a brand new IP from scratch after being ousted from the previous employer.

Game dev is so much more than just writing checks.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Also funny how the biggest game of the year only sold 16% of its copies on xbox

That means even with Horizon and GT7 (which is number 4 and number 1 on the same charts right now) the majority of console sales were still on playstation

D4294862-F933-43-DD-813-E-587-F3-FC64232.png

goodtobeking-theking.gif

You talmbout 3rd party physical software sales in Europe???

That’s what you are stanning now?

My how the mighty have fallen :wow: :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Back on topic, I remember hearing Jade Raymond talk about why her new studio ‘Haven’ signed a deal with Sony right after the Google Stadia stuff fell through.

She mentioned that the talk around the industry was that Sony was a good partner to have.

I interpreted that as some corps will give you a ton of money, but won’t necessarily provide you with other supports needed for you to reach your goal. (Hands-off approach)

In recent years we have seen Sony take brand new game devs (Kena team) and have them launch a successful (both critically and commercially) new IP.

We’ve seen them take an industry legend (Kojima) and have him start a studio and complete a brand new IP from scratch after being ousted from the previous employer.

Well said

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I know, y’all really don’t care about this stuff, just reaching for a stan angle.

But in reality this type of stuff happens with most games.

Read this book it you actually care.

Most games and projects are in literal shambles until they are not.

But as usual Sony stans only concerned when it’s Microsoft games. :smh:

Yeah, I think a lot of people are blissfully unaware of how unorganized and disastrous most development cycles are. Crunch is horrible for the employees, but there's a reason that it seems to be the magic bullet that gets games out the door.

But even as someone who wants these games to come and be good, it's hard to deny that there's a pattern emerging of development cycles being a bit mismanaged. And looking at some of the noise around Halo Infinite, the end product can apparently be negatively effected.

As is the case with most games in Perfect Dark's situation though, they just announced and released a trailer WAY too early. If they hadn't put that trailer out, and let the word out on what The Initiative was supposed to be, none of this concern trolling is probably happening.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Y’all just create these feel good narratives for yourself.

In reality Jade Raymond game doesn’t even exist right now, and literally all they did was give Kena and Kojima money and marketing.

Microsoft has done that with with dozens of games. But for whatever reason I’m these feel good stories you guys create, those game don’t exist.

Microsoft finding and funding games like, Tunic, Deaths Door, Sunset Overdrive, state of decay, ori, Cuphead, etc doesn’t even exist.

Kojimas next game has already signed with Xbox.

Despite all of that, in your PlayStation bubble, you goofys create these narratives and just run wild.

And some of you, truly believe this shyt:wow:

Sony stans wild :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah, I think a lot of people are blissfully unaware of how unorganized and disastrous most development cycles are. Crunch is horrible for the employees, but there's a reason that it seems to be the magic bullet that gets games out the door.

But even as someone who wants these games to come and be good, it's hard to deny that there's a pattern emerging of development cycles being a bit mismanaged. And looking at some of the noise around Halo Infinite, the end product can apparently be negatively effected.

As is the case with most games in Perfect Dark's situation though, they just announced and released a trailer WAY too early. If they hadn't put that trailer out, and let the word out on what The Initiative was supposed to be, none of this concern trolling is probably happening.
The “noise” is just console stan stuff.

There’s always an angle. If they don’t announce the games early it means they aren’t working on anything, if they do announce they are working on something these same guys be counting days and scouring Twitter to look for a reason said game is gonna be “bad” months or even years before the game is even properly revealed.:smh:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I mean you let your creators create. As an executive you don't stick your nose in that. Every project doesn't pan out. Psychonauts 2 benefited from having that backing and letting them cook but truth is if there's a disfunctional environment where leads don't mesh no executive is gonna step in and magically fix it.