Half the Perfect Dark Team quit, project is in Development hell

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's actually funny how people don't understand business like you nikkaz don't work. My job had a mass exit of managers/ engineers.. They all left and a year later half of them wanted to come back. Business doesn't stop when people leave a job because everything is already set in place. Why would you leave a game studio because a game is in "development hell" that means you're gonna get paid overtime to fix it.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s there to argue about? I read through the first page and brehs are having a flame war about disgruntled employees :francis:

Hopefully whenever the game drops it will be dope I personally love Perfect Dark and was happy it’s getting a next gen release. I’m not hip on what’s going on internally but as fans let’s just hope for the best :manny:

Daps
They don't care. If you still stanning Larrybox at this point, it's mental illness. :snooze:
Some people on here really extend the fanboy thing to real life. Everyone is fukking around but some of these guys are dedicated to MS, Sony, or Nintendo in real life. Like missing out on entire masterpieces and franchises. I just get a OLED Switch to compliment with my PS5 after it was impossible to get one before. This a new golden age of gaming and people are CHOOSING to miss out not because they don't generally like the games it's because the games are not on the right team. Makes no sense to me its just video games. I'm also getting a Series X, if I can actually get one :mjlol:
Anyone who choose a Series X over a PS5 first chose to suffer

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Some people on here really extend the fanboy thing to real life. Everyone is fukking around but some of these guys are dedicated to MS, Sony, or Nintendo in real life. Like missing out on entire masterpieces and franchises. I just get a OLED Switch to compliment with my PS5 after it was impossible to get one before. This a new golden age of gaming and people are CHOOSING to miss out not because they don't generally like the games it's because the games are not on the right team. Makes no sense to me it's just video games. I'm also getting a Series X, if I can actually get one :mjlol:
Anyone who choose a Series X over a PS5 first chose to suffer

Right

Funny because i see so many xbox stans loving elden ring, meanwhile they refuse to get a playstation or mock anything on it so they’re also missing out on Bloodborne and Demon’s Souls for no reason. Makes no sense

Like theres a reason these games have such a loyal fanbase after so many years, they have been really good for a really long time

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Just like we all said when crystal dynamics partnership was announced @The Mad Titan

I'm just not worried about it:yeshrug: Once a game is released under the initiative I'll be "concerned" after the fact depending on the product.

Right now it is or was a small handful of talent that is slowly peeling off to other things.

It just doesn't really concern me since they haven't released or even being development on anything

If you recall I said we wouldn't see anything from them until late 2023 or 2024 at best

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Comes from Jez Cordon/Miles Dompier on their new video. To summarize:
-There was a disagreement over how to proceed and staff perfect dark

-There were two train of thoughts at The Initiative. One group believed that “we hire the people” and the other group believed in “We stay small”.

-Second group wanted to bring in CD like other studios would bring in support studios.

Jez says that TI was structured to be no crunch and flat-lined, like Valve (of course which is an issue).

Jez mentioned to me that Crystal dynamics was brought in to save time, meet their ambitions and our new expectations. The decision was made that this was the best way forward. This caused friction of course, which is why people left. Jez says that the people who stayed believed in this method.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Comes from Jez Cordon/Miles Dompier on their new video. To summarize:

It's nice to have some clarification, and Gallagher said he's confident in the development still.

I think at this point you have to table the speculation and wait for a game reveal.

Xbox has 60 games in development, no need to focus on this one game.