Gwyneth Paltrow usage of the N-Word on Twitter. This dude makes valid points

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Personally I could care less about what some random white broad says in a tweet and I hope more of us would do the same because this is not a relevant issue. We have much bigger fish to fry than white folks saying the n-word, the n-word should be the least of our problems but time and time again our reactions to stories like this prove just how powerless we are as a people if we're trying to own a damn word. Why don't we own some damn businesses or land?

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
I love when this shyt happens, great opportunity to see who's real and who's a fraud ass tap-dancing coward in the industry

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK
those people who it offends should get the fukk over it. why do white people have to surrender their right to use a word because some overly sensitive bytches get upset at its use by a white person? shyt is extra corny.

point blank, if you think she was deliberately insulting black people, you're a fukking idiot. not you, specifically, but anyone who actually thinks paltrow was trying to denigrate black people. that person is a fukking moron.

waaa waaa she's waycist...she hates black people...blah blah blah

:facepalm:...
I don't think anybody actually thinks she hates blacks or is going out of her way to denigrate anyone..but that the tweet is a result of a lack of respect...which is true...defending that is damn near impossible.

With that said, there's certainly more important shyt to worry about...

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
People upset over this get the same :rudy: face as when news reports black musicians like Chris Brown as "using racial slurs" when they say nikka to someone on twitter.

:snoop: Context, people. If someone is offended over this because they don't understand context, we don't need to apologize. They need to smarten up.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
To be clear the two biggest rap stars consider themselves to be nikkas and they don't care that Paltrow called them nikkas, in fact one of those rap stars is on record telling white people to say nikka when he is performing

Do whatever you choose with that info also
So explain the difference between Kanye telling his fans that it's ok for them to say nikka when reciting the lyrics to his songs, and all the other rappers who use nikka in their music and blatantly market their music to white/non black audiences? It's ok to be critical as long as you're consistent and honest. She didn't call them "nikkas", she was attempting to be witty using the title of the song. What do we as black people gain by making more of this than what it is? If you have a problem with her tweeting the title of the song then you should have more of a problem with any signed rapper who's uses the word nikka in his/her music.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
dude seems sad now LOL, i remember his anti vnasty/kreayshawn rants, those where classic, i remember when mistah fab was defending vnasty everybody called him a c*on, but mistah fab was a nobody, it was easy to diss him

but people dont want to attack the real culprits in this whole thing which is kanye and jay-z, who by their silence are defending paltrow and who went to a white city and did the song 11 times, how anybody in their right mind thought this was NOT going to end with white people saying n*gga is beyond me, platrow was just the most famous white person to do

people need to realize that rap music is not pro black, its not about russel or dream, kanye and jay-z (the 2 biggest rap artists right now) dont give a fuk if paltrow says n*gga, deal with it, rap music is cesspool, nobody in the rap industry gave a fuk when vnasty said it why on earth would anybody give a fuk if paltrow says it

IMO people need to stop saying n*cca period and we need to abandon rap music and move to something more positive and uplifting

I agree. If anything yall should attack Jay-z and Kanye for not coming down on her for using it.. O wait they dont care. Attack the root cause of it first. Me personally I could care less and Jay-z and ya dont give a "F" about yall

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Dude in the vid did ask a good question though. If an Asian got offended by me because I came up to them like "Whats good gook:youngsabo:" and asked me not to use that word around them, then guess what? I wouldnt say it. Out of respect for a gotdamn human being, I dont see how thats so hard to understand. I dont care if they go around calling each other gooks or use it in songs, its not my place. And I would definitely not tell them they are being too sensitive about some shyt I dont understand. Damn talk about arrogance. Why whites and uncle toms dont get this... I dont know.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
So explain the difference between Kanye telling his fans that it's ok for them to say nikka when reciting the lyrics to his songs, and all the other rappers who use nikka in their music and blatantly market their music to white/non black audiences? It's ok to be critical as long as you're consistent and honest. She didn't call them "nikkas", she was attempting to be witty using the title of the song. What do we as black people gain by making more of this than what it is? If you have a problem with her tweeting the title of the song then you should have more of a problem with any signed rapper who's uses the word nikka in his/her music.

Yeah that was my whole point in my other posts and that post too, Paltrow is not the problem, she is just a corny chick tryna be down, the problem is jayz and kanye and the way the rap industry has monetized and exploited "nikka"

I'm against the use of the word nikka in general, it has to be one of the worst habits we black people have, I blame Paltrow and vnasty on black people, rappers to be specific

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
2 russians that are saying nikka???

fukk outta here. If a rooskie said that in Coney Island, theyd be shot.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally I could care less about what some random white broad says in a tweet and I hope more of us would do the same because this is not a relevant issue. We have much bigger fish to fry than white folks saying the n-word, the n-word should be the least of our problems but time and time again our reactions to stories like this prove just how powerless we are as a people if we're trying to own a damn word. Why don't we own some damn businesses or land?

this. you deserve daps upon daps for dropping this. we always wanna get revolutionary for the wrong fukking issues.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Yeah that was my whole point in my other posts and that post too, Paltrow is not the problem, she is just a corny chick tryna be down, the problem is jayz and kanye and the way the rap industry has monetized and exploited "nikka"

I'm against the use of the word nikka in general, it has to be one of the worst habits we black people have, I blame Paltrow and vnasty on black people, rappers to be specific
Well if that's how you truly feel then I think that posting on a website where the word is thrown around nonstop makes you a bit of a hypocrite. Listening to and supporting artists who use the word would make you a hypocrite as well.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude in the vid did ask a good question though. If an Asian got offended by me because I came up to them like "Whats good gook:youngsabo:" and asked me not to use that word around them, then guess what? I wouldnt say it. Out of respect for a gotdamn human being, I dont see how thats so hard to understand. I dont care if they go around calling each other gooks or use it in songs, its not my place. And I would definitely not tell them they are being too sensitive about some shyt I dont understand. Damn talk about arrogance. Why whites and uncle toms dont get this... I dont know.

did an asian make a song named "what's good gook?" your example isn't analogous to what the present controversy stems from. she jokingly tweeted about a song named n*ggas in paris.

all of this bullshyt is just overly sensitive c00n ass nikkas getting butthurt because this rich white girl is chillin with jay and ye and living the life. nikkas is hating.

Akademiks

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know after this .. white ppl are kiling themselves for making this ish go platinum as a single.. imagine buying a record on itunes you can't even say the name of..

Nas somewhere is mad as fukk .. thinking "i named my whole album n1gger .. and i didn't even get one white person to fall for the bait..much less go platinum off it"