Gwyneth Paltrow usage of the N-Word on Twitter. This dude makes valid points

Akademiks

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if kanye or jay or ty ty or the dream was fukking gwyneth .. i think thats completely fair game for her to say it.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
did an asian make a song named "what's good gook?" your example isn't analogous to what the present controversy stems from. she jokingly tweeted about a song named n*ggas in paris.

all of this bullshyt is just overly sensitive c00n ass nikkas getting butthurt because this rich white girl is chillin with jay and ye and living the life. nikkas is hating.

I commented on the vid, bc people were clowning the way dude dressed and talked but he actually made some good points. Jay and Ye were stupid as hell naming a song that for already stated reasons. She obviously knew what she was doing with that "for real" at the end implying ' yea, theres nikkas in paris performing nikkas in paris', but Kanye and Jay dont seem to really care about their white friend calling them nikkas so :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
why should they care? she didn't say ******, nor did she mean it in a hurtful manner. it's a non-controversy to people that really choose to exercise a few brain cells.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Well if that's how you truly feel then I think that posting on a website where the word is thrown around nonstop makes you a bit of a hypocrite. Listening to and supporting artists who use the word would make you a hypocrite as well.

What? How would posting here make me a hypocrite, I would be a hypocrite if I was using it or if i was promoting rap music, but i dont do either, I can't control what other people do

Daps
I know after this .. white ppl are kiling themselves for making this ish go platinum as a single.. imagine buying a record on itunes you can't even say the name of..

Nas somewhere is mad as fukk .. thinking "i named my whole album n1gger .. and i didn't even get one white person to fall for the bait..much less go platinum off it"

L.A. Reid. :takedat:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
I really dont see what the issue is here. and this comin from a black man who doesnt like it when other races use the word.

but in this case, all she was doin was quoting the song...

yeah she as a white person should of known better. she should of known that we are sensitive about that word. so she made a stupid move

but really? this is why white people say we cry about everything. theres real racist shyt goin on and twitter blows up over a white bytch quoting a song

thanx for a CAC not taking me seriously when someone does some real racist shyt and I get offended

thank you all

EDIT: this nickel bag clown has me laughin right now :russ:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was it said in bad taste and a poor attempt at a joke? Yes.

But do I believe that what she said was intentionally hurtful? No.

However, I will say that she backhandedly called them nikkas...which was dumb of her, even if she meant no harm by it.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well if that's how you truly feel then I think that posting on a website where the word is thrown around nonstop makes you a bit of a hypocrite. Listening to and supporting artists who use the word would make you a hypocrite as well.

:ohhh:

but he doesn't like/listen to hip hop

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
:snoop:First off we need to get over this whole "lets get mad at other people saying nikkas" thing. It's played out and lets face it everyone says it and will say it whether we like it or not.

Second, what the fukk did people expect was gonna happen when they named the song nikkaS IN PARIS? Did you really think white people weren't gonna say it?:comeon: In todays world its hip to say(not that thats right).

Lastly, its almost never used in offensive way(at least when its spelled/pronounced nikka) so we need to stop being so sensitive as a race and just accept the fact that its a trendy word and will not go away. If we take the power of it being offensive who knows maybe people may stop saying it. Overracting over this is just plain stupid. Just sayin.:yeshrug: