GOTY Nominees are out

Daps
Ghosts' narrative was so legit it literally made you racist as the game went on :mjlol:

TLOU2 had to jump between perspectives and fumbled trying to get a story across.

This....every time I saw Mongols, I was like "them dirty horse loving nikkas...where's my hallucination darts?" :russ:

The only drawback to the game was being repetitive at times.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
What part do you disagree with? I didn't say that to come at you you don't have to just dismiss it :russ:There's two threads full of the controversy if you really care about it, I think it's too multi-faceted to just put in a post
I disagree with the lesser known games or movies wining the best of the year awards. It’s discrediting the popular opinion too much. I’m not saying it should be all based on sales but to be so under the radar and still be in class with those other games is biased to me. But you think differently so I’m a leave it alone.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree with the lesser known games or movies wining the best of the year awards. It’s discrediting the popular opinion too much. I’m not saying it should be all based on sales but to be so under the radar and still be in class with those other games is biased to me. But you think differently so I’m a leave it alone.

I don't think you should discredit popular opinion, I just don't really see a method that fairly weighs both, without a sizable amount of ppl from the other side complaining. As far as movies I literally don't care about those awards unless a breh or brehette wins something :russ: I never even follow the Oscar winning movies. I watch the movies I wanna watch and I know what I enjoyed. The obscure movies I rarely watch whether they were award winning or award nominated, unless it was up my alley in the first place.

As far as games, I don't really mind how it goes either way; I know what games I liked and disliked. I'm a little more cavalier in what I'll play vs movies I'll watch, so I don't mind finding out about an obscure game through awards, but it's rare I'll have never heard of a GOTY nominated game since I follow the industry a little more closely. Honestly I'm only paying attention to the awards* this yr because of the controversy, and hope to see more :mjcry::sadbron:. Usually I only care about the new game announcements and whatnot. But as far as the awards, once you start getting into popular opinion, you gotta start getting into COD/FIFA/2K/Madden every yr, on top of the other annual/semi-annual franchises that will always sell, otherwise they wouldn't release every yr. If that's fine then that's fine, but it is what it is

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Animal Crossing is going to win...

It had political signs, transended the Pandemic when panic was at its peak. You had celebrities and IG thots posting about it. It was the "game that kept us all sane".
It WILL win GOTY even though I think 7R should win it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Animal Crossing is going to win...

It had political signs, transended the Pandemic when panic was at its peak. You had celebrities and IG thots posting about it. It was the "game that kept us all sane".
It WILL win GOTY even though I think 7R should win it.
Smh